main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 2.03 - Chapter 11 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 12, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Nov 20, 2020.
  1. 10

31.6%
  2. 9

36.0%
  3. 8

22.1%
  4. 7

6.6%
  5. 6

0.7%
  6. 5

2.2%
  7. 4

0.7%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Where you get 20 years from ?

2. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Why, exactly?

3. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    10/10, just watched it and loved it!

Okay we were promised Bo-Katan so that wasn't a surprise (but cool as heck) but MORE...how awesome was that?? Also, the bit of history of Mandalore and the darksaber mentioned again was cool. I wasn't expecting we'd hear about either but it was a nice touch. I'd like to see more of Mandalore and perhaps him help liberate it.

I will say I also like the format of this season, to help locate a Jedi for the Child (who he really has to make sure he has food for lol) he needs to do xyz. Now how that'll play w/Ahsoka who knows. It's not she'll be all oh I'll take him bye. Most likely she will only be able to, again, point him where someone else is. A thought occurred to me just now, when is this in relation to Rebels?

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  4. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Is Aq Vetina a city on Mandalore or the name of a planet? Was it ever clarified if this was a part of the Mandalorian Empire? Or did Death Watch just show up to some random Confederate place for other reasons?

All these things can change how we see Mando and the Children of the Watch.

I secretly have always been wanting someone to become the "current" Mandalore of legend just like Canderous. Maybe his family is important or his red hood/cloak signifies something, like a bloodline. Bo-Katan can be the ruler, but like I kinda want Din to be after to usher in a new Mandalore beginning. I mean we are watching his coming of age story, so-to-speak. And yes, with Dark Saber.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  5. Darth_Diealot

Darth_Diealot Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 6, 2020
    Ok, must have missed that part.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    It takes place 5 years after ROTJ.
    So, a 10 in that case? ;)

1. I see what you’re saying re: the puppet work, but this time, that only seemed to be the case with the Mon Cal (who I think Favreau finds iconically untouchable) and the hilariously rubber frog baby in a bowl. But the Quarren, on the other hand, were impressively rendered with moving tentacles, etc.

2. I wasn’t reminded of Power Rangers namely because the choreography, costume and set design was so much better. Which makes all the difference.

3. As per the dialogue, it’s just a “squad” of stormtroopers, not an army. Not even close. And if it wasn’t for Din’s extraordinary bravery, they might not have won that fight.

4. I think the low budget observation is a little off given that this officially one of the most expensive TV shows ever made.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2020
  7. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Well, why wouldn't you?
    There isn't really any reason to assume that Mandalorians and only Mandalorians could be elite soldiers. The Empire had access to almost everyone in the galaxy, and all the resources necessary to train elite troops. It wouldn't have made much sense not to have elite troops. Clone Troopers were created from Jango Fett, who, while technically not a Mandalorian, was an excellent fighter. And the Clones had the necessary training to be elite. To think that the Empire would have gone from elite clone-troopers to just regular soldiers with no real elite troops doesn't seem all that realistic.

It's not like the show doesn't occasionally hint at Mandalorians being vulnerable as well. See the armorer gathering all the armor of the fallen in Chapter 8. Someone must have killed them.

I don't see much of a reason to think that the Mandalorians are the only ones who are truly elite, outside those with force power. They are a creed, not some bunch of superhumans.

DurararaFTW likes this.
  8. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Live action Bo Katan. That is all :D

9. Fandalorian

Fandalorian Jedi Master star 3

Apr 18, 2015
    Bosch? no. But i did say "hey, it's the man in black!" as soon as he was on screen. I just wish he could have stuck around longer.

Siphonophore and fett 4 like this.
  10. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    This...yes...thank you. But also what we have seen of the Death Troopers throughout the different media.

DurararaFTW likes this.
  11. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    Anybody seen grace randolph's review, she missed half the point of this episode. How she has any followers is amazing to me.

12. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    no, why would anyone want to?

TCF-1138 , Tan-Wessel and Bor Mullet like this.
  13. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    Bc it is funny to me. Her gone girl review was so full of mis-information that it is astonishing to say the least.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    She only has racist and bigots as fans.

The Chalk Jedi and Krueger like this.
  15. Boba Fett.

Boba Fett. Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 14, 2020
    Great episode, too bad it's so short

16. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    So pleased with The Mandalorian so far. S1 was just fantastic. Not all the episodes were a 10. But so what. Finally, a Star Wars series that really harkens back to GLs work, and yet brings a fresh view as well. Love all the call backs and world building this show has done. This show and Rogue One has done more world building than the Sequel Trilogy. I liked the Sequel Trilogy, but I'm afraid I do not love them. But so what. They're fun movies and they belong to the Skywalker Saga.

But, it seems to me, the Mandalorian is something special. Love this. And Bo Ka-tan was just spot on coming right out of animation into live action. Absolutely fantastic. Sorry, I'm gushing a bit.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  17. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I agree.... his early death was a shock. He bit it way too soon. I guess he was feeling a bit long in the tooth.

Fandalorian, LedReader and fett 4 like this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    This one was an 8/10 would have been a 9 if not for the monster

19. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Also if you're an Imperial and you’ve lost a war, maybe killing your men who still follow you is not such a great idea either.
    Plus if Mandalorian Armour is so great it deflects bolts, maybe get some for your Troopers given there armour is useless and pointless to wear.

20. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    Good pacing through the episode, and it was executed well throughout the action sequences. The action was solid. It was nice to get some, albeit very brief, backstory on why some Mandalirians do and some do not remove their helmets. That said, it wasn't enough to move this above average for me. This season feels more like I'm watching Rebels than the Mandalorian. The weekly fuel run of Rebels has been replaced by the weekly monster to defeat. Going up against seemingly insurmountable odds, only to survive without a scratch on our main characters. Hell, they're even reusing implausible items from Rebels. In Rebels, Hera and Sabine survive entering a planet's atmosphere in a ship that was compromised and realistically would have been destroyed upon attempted entry. Din and the Child survive entering a planet's atmosphere in a ship that has been compromised and realistically would have been destroyed upon attempted entry. Season one was phenomenal. So far, for me, season two has been a big letdown.

fett 4 likes this.
  21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Out of curiosity, what's your issue with it?

22. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    We know that the Empire shifts from well-trained clones to regular recruits by the time of the OT, so the Death Troopers we see in Rogue One and The Mandalorian are probably not clones -- does something in the canon state otherwise?

There's a lot of speculation above about Death Troopers, but my question wasn't asking anyone to imagine how Death Troopers are the equal to Mandalorians, but to ask for specific examples from the canon that would demonstrate how they are comparable. So what are you referring to when you state "what we have seen of the Death Troopers"? What have we seen that makes them equal?

One obvious quality that makes Mandalorians superior is that they are trained most of their life to fight. With Death Troopers, we have no evidence they are not recruited and trained for a shorter period of time. Then we also have the Mando jet pack which gives the huge advantage of flight, and the Mando arsenal also seems more extensive, although perhaps not. There's also the question of beskar -- do the Death Troopers have a similarly effective armor?

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Just that every episode this season had a monster want a bit of a shake up

fett 4 likes this.
  24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Fair enough. Though this week it was very brief, and not a significant part of the narrative, so I overlooked it (and actually forgot it happened, after my first viewing).

Force Smuggler and Grey Matter like this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I was glad it was brief but it still annoyed me enough to lower it a point

Bor Mullet likes this.