main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Bo-Katan in The Mandalorian (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by BalanceOfTheForce, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I bet Mandalore look, more or less like it did during the clone wars outside it's still just rock and death, but there's still the glass buildings.

2. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    So my co-worker is asking for more Mando content. What episodes of TCW and Rebels should he watch and in what order? Thanks!

3. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Episodes in Bold are the most important ones for tracing the story of Mandalore throughout the series. The other eps feature Mandos in at least some important capacity worth mentioning.

TCW:

S2E12 The Mandalore Plot

S2E13 Voyage of Temptation
    S2E14 Duchess of Mandalore

S3E5 Corruption
    S3E6 The Academy

S4E14 A Friend in Need

S5E14 Eminence
    S5E15 Shades of Reason
    S5E16 The Lawless

S7E7 Dangerous Debt
    S7E8 Together Again
    S7E9 Old Friends Not Forgotten
    S7E10 The Phantom Apprentice
    S7E11 Shattered
    S7E12 Victory and Death

Rebels

S2E13 The Protector of Concord Dawn

S3E7 Imperial Supercommandos
    S3E15 Trials of the Darksaber
    S3E16 Legacy of Mandalore

S3E21 Zero Hour

S4E1 Heroes of Mandalore

4. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Anakin also committed mass murder but it never stopped people rooting for him.

5. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Yes, but Bo-Katan is a woman!

Ahsoka's Tano and Darth_Diealot like this.
  6. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Ventress committed mass murder and is a woman but got plenty of folks to root for her.

TadoFett and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  7. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    darkspine10 likes this.
  8. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Well then you have to root for her otherwise you are sexist :p

9. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    Some kind of implict bias is certainly a factor with some people. However, I also think people are more willing to forgive Force users for atrocities than they are non-users. But this overlooks that the Force is a factor for all beings in the GFFA, just to varying degrees.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    Mia Mesharad likes this.
  10. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    I was thinking the exact same thing. The Nite Owls makes for a good show title.

I had wondered what the male character's name was. Axe Woves.

But yeah, there's so much story that can be told. You need more shows, you can't fit it all in The Mandalorian, there's not enough room. And a "The Nite Owls" Bo-Katan show would be huge. Joan of Arc haircut, "Lady armor," all of that...

Could this be the Leslye Headland show? (Everything with a female lead character I'll be like, "Is this the Leslye Headland show?")

TadoFett likes this.
  11. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I think she could be 50 easily, as people that age can be beautiful still. :D

TadoFett likes this.
  12. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I love this fan film and how it was shot, but to each their own.

Few hundred thousand is still a very tiny number on a galactic scale. And not everybody can be a warrior.

TadoFett likes this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Mandalore only had like a population of 10 million and I think if you include everything else your probably only getting an extra 2 million this great purge should kill of a majority. That’s all I am saying

Also those numbers are probably from legends I forget and am to lazy to look

14. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    I hope they don't make the Mandalorians the new Jedi. I mean, that there's only a handful left in order to make them "special." This thinking has become a disease at LFL and in the fandom.

15. Boba Fett.

Boba Fett. Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 14, 2020
    Cool thing,
    Apparently this name is a creation of Lucas himself:

"And...according to @jonfavreau and @dave.filoni the character’s name was created on set by George Lucas himself when he visited one day "

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I bet there's still thousands of warriors still around if not hundred thousands. Back during the clone wars there were probaly millions. Remember Mandalore is it's planet and its system witch is pretty large. Maul could have challenged and won he clone wars if he had all of the Mandalore system behind him.

TadoFett and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  17. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The numbers on TCW and Rebels of Mandalorian warrriors were quite small and got smaller after every battle. And Death Watch only numbered a couple of thousand at their height. Also why they were conscripting Foundlings.

Maul already controlled Mandalore and the 2,000 neutral systems that Mandalore influenced. The Siege of Mandalore was a plan orchestrated by Maul to lore in Anakin and Kenobi, when that changed he altered his plan per the situation and his power of Force vision and precongistion. Death Watch was not meant to win that engagement, Maul made that clear to them and was all part of his plan. We do not know what Maul planned for Death Watch long term, but his Shadow Collective was his true intention. Mandalore was more or less a stepping stone. His gift in clairvoyance and premonition had forced him to alter his plans for Death Watch where they would have to fend for themselves if they survive the chaos and remade galaxy. But them dying on the battlefield and in his service was their duty and a great honor.

TadoFett likes this.
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I doubt we saw all their forces in TCW and in Rebels. And Maul forces were just death watch. I think a true mandalore could unite most if not all of mandalore.

TadoFett likes this.
  19. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Mandalore doesn't really have forces beyond Death Watch, Rau's protectors were the royal guard, that's kind of it. they were a pacifist state before Maul came along.

20. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I never rooted for him.

21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Sure they do, Satine Kryze just retired most of them. We have Almec in full armor who probaly was a former true mandalorian warrior. Death watch being the only ones who stood against her rule, the protectors served as Satine's personal guard, and helped train new clones and helped little in the war.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  22. DurararaFTW

Jul 5, 2014
    Almec who got involved in black market smuggling as a Prime Minister, was arrested and thus, for whom throwing in with Death Watch and Maul presented a path back to political power can't be taken as a indicator for how easily the rest of the Mandalorian people throw their pacificm aside.

23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    He may have been corrupted along the way into politics, but that seems to be his armor and maybe he was once a loyal mandalorian. And we know they have larger forces, I think the rebels sene with Bo raising an army was all representives of clans and houses so lets say we see almost a 100 mandalorians there, then we have 100 clans joining Bo.

24. DurararaFTW

Jul 5, 2014
    I don't doubt that he and many others were once armor wearing Mandalorians, just that their leaving that all behind and committing to pacifism was equally shortlived for the rest of the Mandalorian populace.

And this the group that the Purge happened too. There are no untapped forces that are yet to be called upon in the Mandalorian struggle. It wouldn't make much sense for there to be thousands or millions of Mandalorians that are no longer or were never pacificst, but also did not fight for Maul or Vizsla or Bo-Katan and thus weren't decimated at the Night of Thousand Tears or the Purge, after all this work to contextualise Din's deal using the existing Clone Wars material

25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think there are scattered mandalorian forces all over the galaxy, but they are apart and alone, to weak alone but together they can be strong like the rebellion and resistance are in the end. I don't think all the clans that joined her were killed off. I think that among the 100 clans maybe 20 are still around and others in smaller numbers. And the pacified mandalorians might not want to fight for Maul who they saw as evil and Bo who was with Pre-Vizsla who they saw as an ursurper after her sisters murder. I think there still is around 2000 warriors around with the citizen of mandalore still around.