main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    As I said earlier regarding the Joker, even more true now Deathstroke's in, too:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    OMG, this one is even better!

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/10/make-zack-snyder-nonpartisan-again/

This is literally the worst take on Zack Snyder. I got one paragraph in, wondered "WHAT THE HELL AM I READING?!? WHY AM I DEFENDING ZACK SNYDER!?!" and then... I read the byline.

Armond White. Of course!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    You could’ve also read the url. That may contain subtle hints about the editorial slant.

4. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    After over a decade of reading his drivel, I still can't figure out whether Armond White is pulling an elaborate, long-form performance art bit. And for someone who cares about artistic integrity, he said some pretty interesting things in there, like:

What a Trump-supporting POS.

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

I don't post here mutch, I'm ok with the DCEU i have liked all of Zack Syder's movies. Ithnk we got many good movies in this universe and some bad ones. Say what you will about Zack Snyder but this is one comeback. not only does he get his justice league movie but the original plan for the DCEU.

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I kind of feel like that's less news and more "an observation from a certain point of view". The original "five year plan" plan for the films was MOS, BVS, SS, WW, JL1, JL2. The they expanded it when they made that big slate announcement 6 years ago to put Flash, Aquaman and Shazam! in between the two JL films, with Cyborg and Green Lantern after JL2.And we mostly got that already, with only two films getting large changes.

But even if you skim that back some (since WW, and particularly AM, have an obvious course correction tone to them, but the former probably didn't really change all that much), and even if you restore the SS and JL cuts, you're still missing the final piece. Beyond that, "the original plan" wasn't really altered much beyond these two cuts (and, in fact, would have seemingly functioned even with the SS changes).

So, it seems like Zach might be tweaking things to make this one function as more of a finale than it was intended to, to replace what would have been an entire JL2 film. Even if that does give that stretch of a films a proper ending and do more justice (no pun intended) to all the arcs before it, it's still not what the original plan was.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  7. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    haha getting to Armond's name was your Sixth Sense moment where it all clicked [face_laugh]

8. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    "(he seemed on his way to constructing the millennium’s great, multipart American epic)."

Imagine looking at yourself in the mirror after writing that.

9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    today in "being a dc fan," ew reporting that terence winter has stepped away from the hbo batman series.

10. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    Ah. Sweet suffering. I missed you.

11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yes, I posted it in the proper thread. FROM io9!!!

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  12. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I saw this thread bumped and I expected talk of the tweaked JL B&W teaser and breakdown that Snyder did on VERO at Noon EST today, but I guess not.

EDIT: 50 minutes late, but looks like it's still going.
    https://vero.co/events/usunited

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

Juliet316, dp4m and Havac like this.
  14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Looks like this was the new B&W? Might have a couple quick new shots in there but mainly the same, unless this is just someone dropping the color from the previous one.

15. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012

Looks like something from a 90's comic. I don't mean that as a compliment.

Sarge and dp4m like this.
  16. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Thanks @The2ndQuest, but I avoid these third party youtubers reposting content that isn't there just for clicks. But yep, it's all B&W.

In the Vero breakdown Snyder said there's 2.5 hours of unseen footage.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    2.5 hours of "unseen footage" -- because he hasn't shot it yet and people who were never in the film are somehow in it now!

18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    my grudges against the twitter chapter of the "snyder cut" movement aside, i hope zack pulls this off, i really do. i haven't been impressed at all with the darkseid CGI, and the steppenwolf that adam posted looks exactly like the 90s babylon 5 villain that somehow made it into whedon's film.

it's sounding bigger and more expensive with every update, which will heighten expectations and bring a lot of pressure. it's sounding less and less like a "cut."

19. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    So ... just to clarify - is there a Snyder cut ?

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I mean there will be...

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Though recent reports are that the reshoots only total about 4 minutes, with the majority of the budget going to finishing effects, production start-up costs, etc. Which would mean the unseen footage is stuff that was either deleted by, or altered/rehsot by Whedon's version.

22. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    The real Snyder cut is the anonymous Twitter accounts we've been harassed by along the way.

In all seriousness, I do hope he pulls this off. I don't expect to like it, but if he gets some sense of closure for what was a truly hideous time for his family, then by all means.

23. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002

24. grd4

grd4 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2013
    Yeah. I don't care at all for Snyder as a filmmaker--at several points, I nearly walked out of Man of Steel--but as a cinephile (alright...film fanatic), I find this drift towards honoring artists' integrity absolutely fascinating and even encouraging. Hopefully it doesn't end in a Heaven's Gate-like whimper.

Juliet316 and PymParticles like this.
  25. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I think it's weirdly fitting that they took Steppenwolf's redesign not from the relatively sophisticated original run of the Fourth World, but from the deliberately more toyetic Superpowers series... and then decided that retooling aimed at selling plastic crap to six year olds wasn't edgy enough for a Justice League movie, so it needed devil horns and infinite spikes.