main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 2.03 - Chapter 11 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 12, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Nov 20, 2020.
  1. 10

31.6%
  2. 9

36.0%
  3. 8

22.1%
  4. 7

6.6%
  5. 6

0.7%
  6. 5

2.2%
  7. 4

0.7%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    It's an interesting idea that Mando is not an actual Mandalorian as Bo-Katan is and how they see it.

2. Vader Bob

Vader Bob Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2020
    ... as I sit here with my lanyard :(

It's a hell of a lot easier than digging through pockets every time you need to go through a door though.

3. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I never remove my lanyard. This is the way.

4. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    That's where I recognised him from!

5. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    I'm thinking we should take down @Bor Mullet as he isn't a real Lanyardorian.

6. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Having it toss around or making noise as I walk anywhere is more annoying then having to get it out of my pocket.

The Chalk Jedi and Bor Mullet like this.
  7. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    I wear one at work for 12 hours straight and it never bothers me. Guess you're the sensitive type.

TheYodaPagoda and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  8. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Lanyards just grate against my sense of free expression. But more importantly, they’re ugly. I’d rather wear a Mando helmet.

That’s actually not a bad idea, now that I think about it. Microchipped Mando helmet IDs instead of cards and lanyards. Covid-sensitive too.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  9. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Another solid episode that leaves me with a few things that spring to mind about the story going forward.

Regarding the Jedi....... how will Ahsoka react when seeing a baby Yoda and how will she know what to do with him? Who will she point Mando in the direction of? Now that Empire has fallen is she still in hiding? Because after all you would think she has no need to hide anymore.

I'm also intrigued to know the state of The Empire? Whos leading them? Is it Gideon? Are there just different factions scattered around?

It was good to see an animated character make the jump to live action and she was done well. I was pleased with that. The action and effects in this episode were excellent too. I think there were a couple of complaints earlier in the thread about the world building and it not really showing big cities with big populations. But on the other side of the coin, I like that hes skipping around these planets under the radar if you like, visiting seedy destinations and to me this is like the underworld of Star Wars presented in a way that's close to the original in look and feel. I love that aspect of the show. But also they may need to expand this at some point with him being somewhere bigger.

Palp_Faction likes this.
  10. JediMasterMark15

JediMasterMark15 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 23, 2020
    Not sure if anyone saw Simon Kassiandies instagram, but he mentioned that George Lucas named his character,Axe Woves, one day when he was visiting the set. I think it’s really cool how Dave Filoni keeps Lucas still somewhat in the loop and involved.

11. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I think Bo-Katan recognizes Din as a Mandalorian... just not the type of Mandalorian she's hoping to recruit. Din's an effectively Clan-less convert to the Mandalorian way, and she still comes to his aid even after realizing he's a Child of the Watch.

Din starts off totally rejecting Bo and Co. (awesome nickname for a band!) but clearly gives some ground by the end.

The way they both say "This is the Way" at the end could be considered analogous to the way radically different sects of religions can eventually acknowledge at least some shared kinship and ethos - like a very traditional Catholic and a more modern Methodist, or a traditional Shia and a more modern Sunni.

12. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    well, she does try to recruit him though

godisawesome likes this.
  13. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    Yeah, albeit with a somewhat resigned acknowledgment he's unlikely to answer it positively. That's probably more what's annoying to her - Din's perfectly capable and competent, but he's convinced Manaldore isn't just a lost cause, but a place to actively avoid.

14. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I interpreted it as she just recognizes that it will be more difficult and annoying, as you put it, to win the help from Din. He’s ‘one of them’ so it won’t be as easy to earn his trust. But I think she understands that if she wants to beat Gideon and reclaim the dark saber she will need all the help she can find. So I do think she wants his help, and maybe even sees him as a way to convince others from the Armorer’s group to aid her as well.

godisawesome likes this.
  15. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    Yea at the end she does acknowledge him as one & I have a feeling we'll see more of her later seeing as how Moff Gideon is after both the child and her. Now as for Din, he's clanless.

16. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I thought her saying “this is the way” was her being manipulative.

17. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    The first time she said it it was in a mocking tone, the second time it came off as a more genuine "We can respect each other" sort of way.
    Neither struck me as particularly manipulative, he was already there stuck along for the ride so she knew he had little choice to help them.

LedReader and Ricardo Funes like this.
  18. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    Eh, she does have to be a bit of a politicians now anyways. Got to win hearts and minds, whether out of pragmatism or genuine leadership.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  19. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Maybe it's just me, but she seems genuinely curious about him, and to admire his courage. I'm sure she sees his potential as an ally.

Bo-Katan may also truly want to unite the Mandalorian clans, and not just desire power as some suppose. She may want both. I've always seen her in that way.

20. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Besides George Lucas has anyone else at Disney or Lucasfilm said Jango and Boba aren't Mandalorian? Is it even Canon that they are not Mandalorian? plus even if they Aren't Mandalorian just about every Mandalorian in The Clone Wars Cartoon and Rebels from Mandalore plus Sabin Wren all took off there helmets.

21. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    The Age of Republic: Jango Fett issue makes mention of the fact that he is not a Mandalorian at the end of it too.
    I overlooked it on my first read but someone pointed it out,

22. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Filoni: “Boba Fett is a clone, according to Attack of the Clones, and by asking [George Lucas], he would say Boba Fett is not Mandalorian, not born on Mandalore. He’s more of a person indoctrinated into it, into the way of life, and gets a hold of the armor.”

By Lucas' measure Boba Fett is as much of a Mandalorian as Din. Which is to say none at all, whether you agree with that or not is up to you.

MrDarth0 likes this.
  23. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Although the Comics are somewhat Canon its Loosely canon the Movies are main canon then the TV Shows then The Books then The Comics then the video games. TV and Movies overrides what the books and comics say so if Disney wants to change it up they can.

24. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Wasn't the whole point of the canon reboot that everything is now equally canon?
    And yes I'm aware that they have made plenty of continuity flubs so far.

my kind of scum and Palp_Faction like this.
  25. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    its not continuity flubs the Movies and TV shows override everything else the few Flubs have been minor at best.

Jango was a Mandalorian Boba was Raised by Jango a Mandalorian Ergo, Its Like How The Mandalorian in the show wasn't born to Mandalorian parents but raised mostly by Mandalorian Parents doesn't make Mando any less Mandalorian. also do you have a link to the Filoni comment and was it from before Disney bought Lucasfilm?