main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT What is your favorite prequel film

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Fatal_R_097, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Fatal_R_097

Fatal_R_097 Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2020
    I was really torn up about this answer because i really love Revenge of the Sith but Phantom menace is very good also. But i would have to say the revenge of the Sith has more moments that i like then phantom menace.. like Phantom menace has prebuilt C-3PO which i really enjoyed, and pod racing plus Qui-Gon Jinn. but revenge of the Sith has The start of Darth Vader, The fall of the Jedi order, Order 66, The most badass fight scenes i have seen in any star wars movie (not the best just saying the most badass)and the most surprising ending in any star wars movie.(the first time i saw it i was just....i cant describe the feeling of seeing several Jedi's getting slaughtered

2. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Knight star 2

May 30, 2020
    I absolutely love all 3 films, they each offer something different to the saga.

I always really enjoy watching TPM, but ROTS is ultimately the culmination of the prequels and in some ways the Originals and for that it has to be at the top for me. It’s my favourite Star Wars film out of the whole lot

3. Narancia

Narancia Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2020
    Revenge of the Sith is definitely the best especially it's tie-in video games! Anakin becomes an absolute monster in those games.

Lee_ and AusStig like this.
  4. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Love all 3 movies but ROTS is my favorite.

5. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    ROTS. Its everything that makes SW so powerful. But I love TPM too. Its such a vibrant and unique film in its own right.

6. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    It's a tie between AOTC and ROTS.

7. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    sith by a long way... if we not counting Rogue one

8. bb8isno1

bb8isno1 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 29, 2020
    As much as I like the first two PT films i would be ROTS is the PT film which is my favourite. It is the one I have watched the most times and as much as I like the other two this was the one part of the PT story I was most looking forward to.

9. oierem

oierem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2009
    The PT as a whole lol.

Seriously, it's impossible to pick up one for me, precisely because all three work as a unified narrative, going from light to dark. It would be "easy" to say ROTS is the best/favourite, but the movie works thanks to the previous two establishing and developing the characters and storylines.

TPM is a lovely film, it's sweet and innocent, with bright colors, three very distinctive environments, clear and classic narrative structure, a strong lead character...
    AOTC is epic, ambitious, it has an old fashioned love story, a film noir kind of mystery, five planets, crazy action sequences... science fiction at its best. And of course, (in my opinion) a very relatable story of a teenager going through a lot of hard stuff. I can relate to Anakin better than any other character, to be honest.
    ROTS is a sweeping tragedy, very emotional, pretty much perfect. The way it transitions from a fun, galactic action piece, to a more serious character journey, to a tragedy, and finally to hope is brilliant.

10. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2020
    I can't really choose a favorite between the three.

Each prequel film has things I love about each of them.

It's odd because I can tell you my favorite film from the Original Trilogy, but I generally struggle choosing my favorite from the Prequels. Probably TPM if I absolutely had to choose. But there's so much great stuff in AOTC and ROTS.

11. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    good summary that.. i often see ep1 as like a Ben Hur type classic.. aotc is a flawed gem of a b movie faithful to the Saturday matinee adventure reel/flash Gordon origin of star wars and sith is like a Greek tragedy... Sith still wins for me

12. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    AOTC. Not just my favorite prequel but my favorite of the entire series.

DarthFixxxer, TX-20, Samnz and 8 others like this.
  13. Passing Through History

Passing Through History Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 18, 2019
    Definitely Attack of the Clones. It's everything a middle installment should be.

14. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    The prequels are actually my favorite out of the whole saga, but ROTS is heads and tales above the rest.
    AOTC is second, and TPM a close third.

Lee_, Samnz, Chancellor Yoda and 5 others like this.
  15. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    Well . . . I realize this should not be surprising, but my favorite PT movie is "Attack of the Clones".

16. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    TPM. I think it's Lucas' most auteur film, most uncompromising. Also the happiest SW film, so it always puts me in a good mood.

17. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I usually say I like all six equally, but I believe I've seen ROTS the least in these past 15 years, mainly because of it being such a heavy hitter. There's always this underlying sense of dread that is pretty defeating. TESB has that too, but Lando already gives us hope when talking about a concrete plan to rescue Han. In ROTS we've lost one, technically two of our three protagonists and the galaxy is in for 19 years of dictatorship.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  18. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I love them all but ROTS is my favorite.

19. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    I am a big fan of all the PT movies, and I think they work together very powerfully as a trilogy, but picking one as my favorite it has to be ROTS. It is just a movie that to me has the most scale, scope, and sheer drama of all the Star Wars movies, and a tragic conclusion that always brings me to tears and gives me catharsis as well.

It opens with the intensity of the battle above Coruscant and never really lets up. We see the depths of Obi-Wan and Anakin's friendship portrayed on the screen as never before in the PT. We get a sense of how Anakin has matured as a result of the war and of the good, noble man he is and could have stayed if things in the PT had gone a little differently. If slightly different choices with large consequences were made.

We see Anakin killing Dooku, the surrendered enemy, and Palpatine cast in the role of tempter from early on.

We have the joy of Anakin's reunion with Padme and his excitement when he first learns that she is pregnant.

We have the famous opera scene with Anakin and Palpatine.

We have the final farewell that Anakin and Obi-Wan ever exchange as friends, and it always breaks my heart seeing how affectionate and open they are with one another, knowing that the next time they meet, they will be fighting to the death on Mustafar.

There is that final duel on Mustafar and Obi-Wan's last words to Anakin ("you were my brother, Anakin; I loved you" in response to Anakin's cry of hate) that always make me cry.

And then the hope, the promise of light being restored to a dark galaxy, when Leia and Luke are placed with their respective adoptive families.

It's classical tragedy with a modern, space opera twist and the rich PT worldbuilding I love so much. It's a film that will always have a special place in my heart. It speaks to me on a deep level.

It's the best of the Star Wars movies for me.

20. Starith

Starith Jedi Master star 3

Apr 5, 2020
    AotC. It's got the most variety in tone; it's the nice "grey" in between TPM's light adventure with Jar Jar and RotS's dark tragedy with Anakin.

21. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    favorite to watch? The Phantom Menace. is it better than Revenge of the Sith? no, but i like watching it the most.

22. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I just want to say I really appreciate your posts on the merits of the PT films. They are a joy to read.

23. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    @wobbits Thanks! It's a joy to have people who also appreciate the merits of the PT films with whom to share my thoughts:)

24. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I second @wobbits on your posts @devilinthedetails

You put a lot of time and effort in expressing your enjoyment of the PT. Unfortunately, a lot of great PT defenders have disappeared or been banned in the last 5 or so years, so its nice to see someone so passionate about the details (no pun intended) to be found in what I consider to be George Lucas's magnum opus in worldbuilding, character development, and storytelling.

25. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @Deliveranze Thank you! I really enjoy the worldbuilding, character development, and storytelling of the entire PT, which I enjoy even more than the OT, so I try to celebrate it whenever I get the chance. And I will do my best not to get banned or disappear from this site, because I do enjoy this site and hope to contribute to it positively:)