main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 2.04 - Chapter 12 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 19, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Nov 27, 2020.
  1. 10

11.8%
  2. 9

34.6%
  3. 8

31.5%
  4. 7

18.9%
  5. 6

2.4%
  6. 5

0.8%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 2.04!!
    Chapter 12
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney+.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced.

(3) The Mandalorian episodes air on Friday on Disney+. Anyone who shares plot details about an episode before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk and TadoFett like this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m ready.

3. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    come on Carl Weathers

don’t let me down

TheYodaPagoda and TadoFett like this.
  4. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    Greef: "Mando! What brings you back way out here?

Cara: "Hi Mando, still hanging on to that little thing?"

Din: "I'm on my way to deliver it to its kind, but I need some help with repairs. Thought you could help me out."

Greef: "You're in luck Mando! We need some help too, so how about we help each other out?"

Din: "Sounds dangerous"

Greef: "Piece of cake with you here to help. Besides, you want that ship fixed or not?"

*Insert Mandalorian theme*

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    More like

Greef: Mando! I see you in front of me, which means you're alive!

6. Mr Bogan

Mr Bogan Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 28, 2016
    More like

Din: "Greef, I need you to get my ship repaired ASAP. Cara, need you to hold the Child for me for a while"

Greef & Cara: "Whaaa ... why do you need us to take care of your stuff, where are you going?"

Din: "Need to talk to the Armorer."

7. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    Seeing some Moff Gideon this week would be nice.

And a brief glimpse of a certain someone at the end of the episode would be wonderful as well, but that most likely won't happen.

The Mythrol, though. Oh joy. And what would he and Din say to one another?

TadoFett likes this.
  8. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    More like

Greef: "Mando! Happy to see you my friend, but you've come at a terrible time."

Cara: "What do you mean, Greef, everything's fine."

Greef: "Please, Cara, let me speak. Mando, there's a deadly virus tearing Nevarro apart. I understand your mask has a highly specialized filter that I'd like to examine for potential mass production."

Din: "Of course, Greef, I can download the specs for you -- but you know, I can't remove it."

Cara: "Oh, you'll take it off, so I can destroy it and liberate Nevarro!"

Greef yanks a blaster from his holster and blasts Cara Dune in the head, which seemingly has no effect on her. She raises her rifle at Din and prepares to blast him, but the Child Force chokes her. Suddenly she implodes.

9. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    Hyped. Love you all.

10. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    What other things has Weathers directed? Is it mainly just TV?

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  11. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    It's all TV, according to IMDB. One "short" too, but I don't know if that's TV or not.

What I find interesting is how many episodes of Silk Stockings he directed at the beginning of his directing career. This show was a detective noir, IIRC, and it could be cool if he applies that experience to a Mandalorian episode that functions similarly.

TadoFett likes this.
  12. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I haven’t seen anything he’s directed so I’m interested to see what his directorial style is like and how distinct it will be.

I posted this in the main season 2 thread but thought it relevant to post it here as well - what are everyone’s thoughts on why there is an imperial presence back on Navarro?

The first season made it seem like there was only a smallish imperial presence localized where in the city and only got reinforced after Mando’s escape. The finale of season one made it seem as if despite the reinforcements the imperials had been given the boot from the system.

Now it appears they actually have a whole base with a squadron of ties etc. Where were these guys during the events of the finale? Why wasn’t there retaliation?

I’m sure all of this will be explained it just seems to currently be at odds from where we last left off.

13. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    What makes you think the Imperials were given the boot? If they had a base there, we never saw it. We never saw anyone boot them from a possible base.

TadoFett likes this.
  14. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
    Just the vibe I got from the conversation between Mando and Greef after the fight with Gideon in the tie. Greef makes a comment about the scum and villainy being washed away and the planet being respectable again.

If there was another imperial base there should’ve been a subsequent reprisal resulting from the events of the finale. Instead we have Greef talking about things returning to normal for the guild, trying to recruit Cara etc.

If there was a big Imperial base it doesn’t really mesh with what he’s saying.

15. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Do we know that the Imperial action is actually going to be set on Nevarro? From the trailers it seems like it could be, but it could also be any other planet. I wouldn't be shocked if Din swung by Nevarro to pick up Greef and Cara to bring with him as backup while going to meet his Sorcerer.

whostheBossk likes this.
  16. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
    It could be a different planet but it would be an odd choice to go from Nevarro with a very distinct visual identity to another planet altogether that visually looks similar. Even more so given Mando’s internal drive to deliver the child it would be an odd choice to have a detour from the detour to Corvus.

my kind of scum and bstnsx704 like this.
  17. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Well I don't think any of us thought the story was going there!

18. obi1jedinite

obi1jedinite Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 20, 2002
    That, as they say, escalated quickly.

Sproj and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  19. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    Well, I don't see any reason to think the Imperials wouldn't just return to Nevarro, or perhaps it was a small base and they needed to call for reinforcement from another planet. Since their leader Moff Gideon was taken down for a bit, the Imperials wouldn't immediately strike back. Greef thinks that Gideon is dead at the end of S1, so he assumes the Imperials are defeated. But we know that isn't true.

20. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
    Unless the Empire literally comes back this episode to set up shop again it doesn’t really make sense for their to be an Imperial base to be on Nevarro that a) has not yet retaliated against the guild, and b) that Greef would not be aware of such an operation given how in the know he seems to be.

It’s really a minor nitpick that could very well be explained in tonight’s episode. If it is then great, if not I’m not going to lose sleep over it.

21. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    Maybe they have retaliated and Mando just doesn't know yet?

Also, why assume they would retaliate? Maybe Gideon decides on a different plan. Then again, why would he punish the Guild anyway? He might go after Greef, but the Guild itself didn't really do anything. Gideon probably understands that Din is the main target.

Of course, one wonders why Gideon wouldn't have tried to force information from Greef and Cara. It could be he's watching them and waiting for Din to make contact. We'll see.

22. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    You would think Din will be set up but that's not the vibe I got from the trailer/TV spots. They must be getting tracked because this is where another chase (from trailer) begins. I bet this is the episode for this. I would like to see a bounty hunter (Boba) give the Empire their whereabouts.

23. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Even though I know it isn't due out for another two hours, is it weird I keep refreshing Disney+?

obi1jedinite likes this.
  24. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    More like

Din: "Greef, I need you to get my ship repaired ASAP. Cara, we need to discuss your tweets.”

25. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015
    Isn’t it a spoiler to show cara and greef in a pic? I had no idea they were going to be in the episode. Although I shouldn’t have even come here before watching it I suppose.