main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fleet Junkie Flagship- The technical discussions of the GFFA (Capital Ships thread Mk. II)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralWesJanson, Sep 12, 2005.

1. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    How does that hangar jive with measurements we got? We had a size debate and where to fit in Ties a few pages back! Looks to be a ship variant to me unless they make it official and animation only differs from the live action version then.

Long Snoot likes this.
  2. Long Snoot

Long Snoot Jedi Master star 2

Mar 1, 2018
  3. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013

[face_love]

So what else from animation do we want to see in live action?

4. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Gozanti cruisers did appear in the Prequels, though more likely they're the smaller civilian models made by Gallofree Yards, Inc.

These are just the CEC versions, which are larger of course.

5. Long Snoot

Mar 1, 2018
    Is the civilian variant smaller? As far as I know they are both 64 meters long, they just lack the imperial variant's wings. I do appreciate that they really made the imperial conversion much more visible this time: more turrets, different engines and far more armor (the "mouth" at the front is completely covered this time). Makes it look like an armored military transport rather than just a grey freighter, and it makes me wonder what the imperial variants of the CR90 and Nebulon B could look like.
    I think it's possible that we'll get to see Ahsoka's T-6 shuttle and some Mandalorian ships in the next episodes; I'd personally love to see an imperial LAAT/le gunship.

6. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    The Krayt's Honor in Legends was 41.3 meters in length (and looked in when it appeared in Ep1). The Imperial Gozantis are 63.8 meters in length.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  7. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Fleetjunkie Headcanon: Somewhere someone is using Sharu sizealtering technology to produce size variants of existing ships from various publishers...

I do wonder how different the floorplans of size variants must be given some core elements like external hatches and windows equally increase or decrease in size.

8. Long Snoot

Mar 1, 2018
    The bridge size (both internal and external) is the same between the two variants in the shows, I think it's more of a EU/Canon discrepancy at this point.

9. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    Now, will the story group make this one a different variant, or just let it be what it is, an art style difference? Though it is missing the tie fighter docking ports, but those might be easily removed

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    Snafu55 and Long Snoot like this.
  10. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Considering how long it is between
    TPM and this episode it may just be a different model year. Look at cars. A corvete from 1957 is different form a 1963 is different from a 1970, etc...

Daneira likes this.
  11. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    They seemingly made the fishing boat with the Scythe class Mon Calamari cruiser in mind
    [​IMG]
    We might see that one in canon before shows end.

MercenaryAce and Pons like this.
  12. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    Is there an official source saying they had the Scythe class in mind? Because the boat has just as much in common with the Hammerhead Corvette as it does with the Scythe class. (Namely, a big fin in the front).

Vialco likes this.
  13. Long Snoot

Mar 1, 2018
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I think I notice a side hangar in the second shot (in addition to the bow one we've seen in the Topps card). The 4 smaller engines are new too, I think.

14. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    You're thinking the Scythe might appear in Mando S2?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  15. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    JediBatman destroyed all my belief in this idea.

16. Long Snoot

Mar 1, 2018
    [​IMG]
    I'm not sure if it was mentioned here but these two are going to be added to Squadrons.
    "These two starfighters are as powerful as they are iconic, though understandably balanced out for the purposes of the game. The B-wing will be categorized as a Bomber-class starfighter and the TIE defender will be a Fighter, each being able to use the components relevant to their faction and class, but they’ll also come with their own unique aspects in line with what you’d expect from them, such as the B-wing with its gyro-cockpit and swiveling wings and the TIE defender with its shields."

17. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013

That is one beautiful thing... I'd call it not a life action version of the animated ship but a heavily reinforced version, like a Mark 2 or 3 of it.

Can we even be sure that it has the same measurements? Any other craft for comparison to it next to it or not yet? Otherwise it might be a size variant too given the hangar spaces.

18. Long Snoot

Mar 1, 2018
    Not yet unfortunately, but if we're (and we most likely are) gonna see TIEs leaving the hangars in the future they could provide good reference for a size measurement.

19. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    That version of the Defender looks rather elongated - more like the TIE Defender Elite, than the "regular" Defender seen in Secret Cargo and in In The Name Of The Rebellion.

20. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    You're right, those wings are rather long.

Reminds me of the Reaper.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  21. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    Sorry to unintentionally dash your hopes and dreams. I do think it would be cool to see some Legacy ships repurposed though.

DurararaFTW likes this.
  22. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Indeed.

(Heck, until proven otherwise I am going to assume the destroyed republic main fleet was full of Legacy GA ships, and Legacy Imperial ships were used by the First Order off screen)

And all things considered it is a cool boat.

....and personally, I always get a kick out of seeing aquatic vehicles in star wars. I wish one of the films would have a climatic aquatic battle some time

Alpha-Red likes this.
  23. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I guess it can't ever be proven otherwise because you can always have more off-screen stuff :p

24. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Exactly! Muhahahaha my plan is perfect!

Alpha-Red likes this.
  25. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    It does look a lot longer. The markings for the elite will probably be a customization option for the defender.