main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Imperial Remnants & the First Order

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Seems to be a more modified then ones in Rebels.

2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Why default to the least interesting and most simplistic option so many years before the ST? There’s a literal Wild West of world-building possibilities just five years after ROTJ. I doubt they’re going to just replicate the exact ST dynamic, just with most of the FO still in hiding and an unfinished SKB.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    bstnsx704 likes this.
  3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Serendipity, eh?

Vialco likes this.
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I bet <snoke will soon be made and this show might give teases and hints of it.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh I agree I don’t think the FO is around yet at least in name. What would become the FO is around but we’ll have to wait and see. My point is I do think the show will tie into the ST.

6. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    those were mere sentry droids meant to protect low-value assets. These might be infantry for warfare.

7. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Any Imperial Remnant to First Order evolution would have been a lot more interesting had the First Order remained as it was presented in TFA and TLJ – a sort of Neo-Nazi regrouping of ex-Imperial Warlords and the next generation seeking to reclaim what they see as the glory days of the Empire.

TRoS pulling a last minute reveal that the First Order was just a public face for the Final Order really sours the whole thing, in my opinion. Which is why I'm finding The Mandalorian's take on Gideon and his forces, in isolation of any yet-to-come First/Final Order shenanigans, so refreshing.

8. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    The First Order was pretty much entirely unaware of the Final Order's existence. They knew Snoke found them and came from somewhere they weren't privy too, but that's always been the case. Shouldn't effect this series unless Gideon is working both Sloane and the Sith Eternal somehow.

Snafu55 likes this.
  9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Looked it up there's a beforehand a whole episode about them which definitely going to rewatch

Kowakian Kebab likes this.
  10. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    ironically that was a filler episode

11. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    In Mandalorian, we're roughly four years past the Battle of Jakku, and the de facto end of the Empire. For me, it seems as if there is too much organization in this Imperial Remnant led by Gideon. I'm not saying this particular remnant cannot still operate, or even operate as it used to, but with the destruction of the Empire, there would be a void left behind that would take time to fill. For how this remnant has been portrayed, it feels like the void has been filled, or never existed, and they're already linked to the First Order, nearly 25 years before the rise of the First Order. It just feels as if things shouldn't be this far along this fast.

12. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Moff Gideon must be really good at organizing. :p

Not to mention he's already thinking his one. His officers already talking about the "New Era" you gotta have some confidence to be that ready to start talking about New Era's.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    i think he has resources from the first order and things he got from other warlords. I suspect that he has the backing of the first order.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Moff Gideon has a bunch of planners you can bet on that

15. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    OK, but the point of my comment is that the reorganization of the Empire into the first order is way too quick. The filling of the void left behind from the destruction of the Empire has happened too quickly. And if the First Order is this well connected, and this well organized, to be peddling influence already, why did they wait another 25 years before making their presence known?

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think they still small but they have rich pockets that probaly comes from Palpatine. And i think there are probaly a few storied worth of the first order having afew small wars in the unknown regions with alien species like grysk and the like. Maybe the search for Ezra will give as awnser to why it took 30 years.

17. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

My theory is that Moff Gideon only is filling the void of whatever was left of the known Galaxy Imp Remnant but was defeated before anything really severe went down.

Then whatever happens to his forces after Gideon days may go to into the UR and join up with the building of the FO.

No Imp Remnant can be operating with this much impunity in the open. Otherwise the NR has to come out their and do something otherwise it really does make them seem incompetent

Darth Chuck Norris likes this.
  18. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I don't believe that all the Imperial forces go to join the First Order. Many of them become members of the New Republic and call themselves "centrists" in the governmental system. They end up becoming allies with the First Order, but they remain in New Republic space. At least that's what the NEU and Wookiepedia say, I believe.

19. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

To be fair the "Imperial Remnant" has gotten retconned a few times so at this point who knows.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I don’t know if it was them joining the NR but people who were Sympathetic to the empire and later allied with the First Order. So I don’t think the centrists were imperial remnants, but just people and planets that still had loyalty/sympathy to the empire

21. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean funny enough I remember JJ saying that his and Kasdan's inspiration for the First Order was "What if all the Nazi's in Argentina got together after the war"

So it is really possible that after a brief time of Warlordism the various Remnants started getting contacted by either Sloane/Snoke or someone and then started making the First Order.

godisawesome likes this.
  22. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    One thing I realized watching this episode - most of Gideon’s staff and personnel have very American accents, and lack the “Core World” British accents we usually expect.

I like to think it’s a sign of Gideon’s forces being more Outer Rim derived, and thus just lacking the Core World representation we’re used to. It might add to a feeling that these guys are the “Born-Again Imperials” compared to the core worlders from whence the Empire sprang.

Snafu55 likes this.
  23. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Hmm...Possible.

On the one hand...Could just be a acting choice of who Jon is hiring.

BUT

Filoni being "The Guy" I would not put it past them that the is a point.

So...I'm 50/50...But would not be surprised if there was a point.

godisawesome likes this.
  24. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    The Mandalorian just being a revolutionary new show that’s still produced on a sound stage in California would do most of the explaining from a logistical front.

I do love the fact that we’re hearing a bunch of Yankees like myself showing they can sound just as cold, clipped, and ruthless as Brits. Giancarlo Esposito don’t need no Queen’s English!

Bor Mullet likes this.
  25. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I'll say this....I think the show itself won't ever address it BUT visual dictionaries and books might probably go with that angle.

;)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2020
    godisawesome likes this.