main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Ahsoka Ahsoka in The Mandalorian & Spinoffs (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by TheCloneWarsForever, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s possible but that seems like more of a season final

2. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Its said she is only in one episode anyway. and judging by the way series 2 is going it seems to be very much 1 episode for each guest character.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  3. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    I'm thinking a potential Ahsoka show may be a ways off.

Rosario Dawson is going to be starring in the HBO Max show DMZ. It's only a four-episode mini-series, so it should probably only take two or three months to shoot. They haven't given a start date yet though; probably sometime next summer. So unless they announce it and start shooting in like January, an Ahsoka show may not come around until 2022, which would be so annoying.

Or, the Leslye Headland show is the Ahsoka show. And "I would say it’s in a pocket of the universe and a pocket of the timeline that we don’t know much about" means it's going to take place in the Unknown Regions as she and Sabine continue their search for Ezra. And she believes that the planet where Yoda's species comes from is also located in the unknown regions, and so that's why she takes the child (or they've already found Ezra and they just go back into the Unknown Regions to find Yoda's planet). And The Mandalorian show shifts focus to Mandalore and Bo-Katan and Boba Fett, and other Mandalorian mayhem.

Or something else entirely different... Because yeah, an Ahsoka show would most likely be showrun and written by Dave Filoni, and he would direct a fair amount of the episodes. And perhaps his Ahsoka show would be about taking the child and going back to the Unknown Regions to find Yoda's planet, and Ezra if they haven't found him yet, and so on and so forth.

So something's going to happen. Don't know what and don't know when, but something and at sometime. (And I had a point to this post when I started, but something happened along the way.) :cool:

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Ahsoka is probaly getting announced after the Ahsoka episode.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think the slate is already getting full I don’t think it will start filming if it exists until 2022. At the earliest

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think they can film either late 2021 or early 2022.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Seeing how Disney seems to love mini series especially if the Boba rumors are true if this happens it will almost certainly be a mini series

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I could see that and like Boba Fett series it might tie in with the Mandalorian.

9. shaak fett

shaak fett Jedi Padawan

Aug 8, 2020
    I want to see Ahsoka play with Mando like Yoda in TESB.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So Ahsoka has to ride on Din’s back

whostheBossk likes this.
  11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    With his beskar armor he can take it. and were robbed of it when Rey denied Luke of having ride.

12. Awushi Awere

Awushi Awere Jedi Knight star 2

May 11, 2020
    But does Ahsoka really need her own show? I am sure she would work better as a special side-character (in The Mandalorian).

Master Cado Afu likes this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think it's more to establish herself in the live action world if she is to hava large part in the story going forward in the post ROTJ world.

14. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    I'm not convinced Ahsoka, as we last saw her, fits the western vibe of this show all that well.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think a western with an old witch could work great.

16. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    I'm pretty interested in seeing how they utilize the "Sorcerer" angle that they've built up around the Jedi mythology for this series; it all seems to have a real sense of European fantasy to it (Filoni is very inspired by the works of Tolkien, and it shows especially in Rebels and Ahsoka's presentation there) that could present an interesting contrast to the more American Western/Eastern Samurai roots that The Mandalorian usually taps into.

17. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    It'll be interesting to see what she's doing but it could be possible she's up to nothing big. Given that Corvus has a city the world probably won't be entirely isolated. We don't know if she'll be alone or if she'll have someone with her whether it's someone we know like Rex or Sabine or maybe an entirely new character. This one has the potential to really explore the Force and put the Mando on a trippy sequence like Doctor Strange going through the various dimensions in Doctor Strange. But I don't want to let the imagination run too much because it might not play out that way. Given Dave is writing it he could easily pepper Clone Wars and Rebels lore but also not make it to hard to follow for general audiences. People seemed to respond well to Bo-Katan from what I understand but given she's tied to Mandalore it's pretty easy to put that together. Dealing with the Jedi an area pretty much unexplored in the show's timeline up to this point is a different story. Also if we're going to bring in people that are Jedi but kind of aren't and have Dark Troopers running around then maybe Kyle Katarn should be called in to take them out? Maybe going too far there.

18. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Won’t be surprised if Ahsoka gets the ST Luke treatment when we see her in the show. I hope I’m wrong.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I only think she’ll be in 1 episode this season but I don’t think she isn’t going to talk or anything

20. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I also don’t want her to be a bitter loser that gave up on everything and just wants to be left alone.

On a side note does BY really need to be trained to be a Jedi? We know from the ST that he won’t play a role bringing the Jedi back. Maybe instead of training BY to be a child soldier which is what the Jedi Council used to do with the Padawans, perhaps BY should be raised like a normal kid by somebody who loves him?

Darth Smurf likes this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Filoni isn’t going to do that.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I also think Ahsoka Tano and Luke are two very different characters, like Filoni might have done the same with Luk but with a different story, and RJ probaly with Ahsoka wound't do the same thing like he does with Luke.

Awushi Awere likes this.
  23. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Having been to places like the World Between Worlds and Malachor, I expect Ahsoka to be a bit esoteric and other worldly. Especially considering that from what I can tell she hasn’t been out helping the galaxy with worldly concerns like Vader and Palpatine since Rebels, I suspect she’s been dealing with high mystic stuff.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I am still a bit bummed that it seems we are just skipping right over finding Ezra for now. Would have liked that in order but you can’t always get what you want

25. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    inb4 Ezra is in the next episode as a surprise mid-season twist and he says "your Jedi is in a different castle"