main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Gaming Diagon Alley: The Official Harry Potter Thread/Hogwarts Legacy

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kessel Runner, Jul 26, 2001.

1. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I’m not opposed to a reboot, even though I like the movies well enough, and I genuinely think the first two are masterpieces.

I don’t think Columbus at 62 would commit to the entire series (he didn’t last time), but a director with his style would be ideal for me.

2. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I think he wanted to but, I think he found it too daunting. I think it’s too early for a reboot of the films, but I’d love to see someone do something like the BBC Radio adaptation of Lord of the Ring with Harry Potter.

Emperor Ferus and Bacon164 like this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    There's moments I think that were actually done better in the films, Harry's possession by Voldemort in the movie of Goblet of Fire (Edit: Erm Order of the Phoenix) and his whole speech is fantastic and becomes sort of the emotional crux of their conflict in the series, that's pretty much an entirely original invention of the films, at least the speech is.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Order of the Phoenix, surely?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Actually, as much I loved the graveyard sequence overall in GOF, Voldemort’s speech wasn’t bombastic enough IMHO. I get that they were saving something for Order of the Phoenix and Deathly Hallows, but it should have been more over the top.

And the Department of Mysteries sequence should have been longer. JK Rowling wrote a great set piece action sequence and they cut practically all of it.

Iron_lord likes this.
  6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Right I meant Harry's speech to Voldemort in Order of the Phoenix. The whole "You will never feel friendship" bit when Voldemort tried to posses him.

Jedi Merkurian and Iron_lord like this.
  7. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I can’t wait for the reboot of Harry Potter and I am looking forward to it more than fantastic beasts 3.

Hell maybe we can get a lord of the rings and hobbit reboot movies or turned into a tv show.

I am not saying it’s for sure, but it could happen.

If we can have multiple Batman cinematic continuity’s, both Sony marvel and Disney MCU that are seperate cinematic universes, or multi cinematic universes of Narnia, why not Harry Potter or middle earth too.

I am not sure how I feel if any of us would like a Star Wars remake, sorry I am off topic.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Eva Green would make an excellent Bellatrix, if they ever rebooted the movies (or maybe cast the actress who played Vinda Rosier in Crimes of Grindelwald, after all that character is probably a distant relative of Bellatrix's).

9. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    It would be cool to have two different Harry Potter cinematic universes, each with a bunch of movies and tv shows.

I mean if Marvel and Dc can have different separate continuity's of cinematic universes, why not Harry Potter or even middle earth too?

Would anybody else agree or disagree on that?

10. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    If by that, you mean a Potterverse version of say The Mandalorian, ie an ex-Auror who who fights rouge dark wizards and so forth, the yeah, I’d watch the hell out of that.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    That could work too, but what I meant was two separate Pottermore continuity’s, the Warner brothers version we are currently in and, the reboot movies of Harry Potter opening a new cinematic universe having another continuity.

12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The A Very Potter Musical Trilogy on Youtube by Team Starkid is all I need.

13. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I don’t about you guys but I am so excited about the potential Harry Potter reboot, but I am not sure when is going to happen even though it’s not official.

Going back to the original Harry Potter films, it would be so awesome if HBO max could not only put the movies back on its streaming, but also release the movies ABC/freeform Harry Potter extended editions like many of us have seen on tv channel.

That would be cool.

I do believe at some point HBO max will have a Harry Potter tv show and maybe multiple shows and that it’s going to be the Current cinematic continuity we are in and based on and not the reboot version yet.

14. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    I'd recommend a total casting reset too, even if some actors could still play their characters. Needs to feel totally like it's own thing I think.
    I'd consider Hans Zimmer for the score, maybe?

And what do you guys think about the "all-British cast" rule? Should it be loosened? I think that depends on how involved Rowling would be, which is a whole different can of worms.

black_saber likes this.
  15. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002

I think the BBC would be the perfect place for the Harry Potter reboot if turned into a tv show based on all the 7 novels.

Hans zimmer is better for composer for like military dramas, I was thinking somebody from all of the lord of the rings and hobbit trilogy like Howard shore.

16. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    If they do a remake before 2030, it should be animated TV series. one season per book. It just screams as something that would have a lot of animated potential.

But overall, too soon, and not exactly the best environment for it right now with how JK Rowling has been. Plus they still need to finish Fantastic Beasts first.

black_saber and Emperor Ferus like this.
  17. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    2030 seems like a good year for a Cursed Child adaptation (19 years after TDH Part 2), though I'd suggest some edits to the plot with a cast reunion. The only problem I anticipate is some key roles such as Maggie Smith not making it.

If I had to choose, I'm not sure. Both a reboot and a reunion could be possible close together, like the two Joker versions.

black_saber likes this.
  18. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    yeah I could see that happening too. I got a feeling we are more likely going get a cursed child movie faster then a reboot or remake of the Harry Potter based on the same novels.

19. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Or we could just ignore Cursed Child

20. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    and write a half-way decent ending / epilogue for Deathly Hallows

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    CT-867-5309 and DarkEagle like this.
  21. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    I can’t imagine that there won’t be a film adaptation of Cursed Child. Probably not until after Fantastic Beasts is done, but yeah I think it’s definitely coming.

black_saber, Ghost and Emperor Ferus like this.
  22. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    There will probably be other spin off of movies coming to theaters and tv shows coming to HBO max as well.

With Hollywood no mean yes. It’s one of those sooner or later deals.

What I really want is for HBO max is to Release the extended cuts of all the Harry Potter movies many of us have seen on The ABC/free form channel.

23. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002

I meant other Harry Potter spin-off movies and tv shows. I didn’t have time to edit my post.

24. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Greetings,

Sorry to be off topic, but stopping by to say I played a Harry Potter deck building card game yesterday with two friends and it was quite fun.

The game is called Hogwarts Battle.

Has anyone here ever played it before?

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  25. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Like the two scenes with Harry, Dudley and Petunia in Privet Drive that were cut from the opening of Deathly Hallows. I can’t imagine why they were left out, because they weren’t very long and they were really good.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020