main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Ahsoka Ahsoka in The Mandalorian & Spinoffs (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by TheCloneWarsForever, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I want to see Ahsoka sitting under a bodhi tree in a lush forest or something. Go full Buddha with her. And then...it’ll be really cool when she snaps into action to combat Gideon’s forces.

whostheBossk and bstnsx704 like this.
  2. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    I haven't seen Rebels all the way through yet. I'd have thought Ahsoka might have felt a bit of "survivor guilt".

I also haven't seen this world-between-worlds stuff, but am aware of some of her role in bits of the Rebellion.

Is it necessary for me, or the general viewership, to know this do you think? Or can she just going to skip over the "how I got here" stuff and just say I survived order 66 and have been a covert part of the Rebellion since then?

Does she know Vader is Anakin? That could be a big reveal for Din - the "bad" sorcerers also ruled as the Empire. Might make him watch over the Child a bit more...

It'll be interesting to see the reactions of people who haven't seen the cartoons to the Ahsoka reveal, and whether it feels seamless with what they have most likely seen (I.e., the films).

Master Cado Afu likes this.
  3. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Ahsoka is much younger then Bo-Katan, even before she lost a year or two in between worlds.

The Togruta Jedi likes this.
  4. Kole

Kole Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2016
    I’m also very interested in how they’re going to introduce a character to the general audience who already has arguably the most development of any character in canon. My guess is she’ll simply talk about how she walked away from the order and has been following her own path against evil ever since, with a couple of subtle allusions to her old master. I would imagine her extensive history with Mandalore will be the main talking point. I’m sure Disney will promote a short recap video of her important moments on Twitter after the episode airs for curious general audience fans who want to dive deeper

DannyD likes this.
  5. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014
    Thought some of you might appreciate this before next week's mando. :)

whostheBossk likes this.
  6. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    I would think just watching the last couple of minutes of the last episode of Rebels is all you really need (if even that). And you can probably fill in the rest from there. So watch just that if you want.

And most everything else they'll probably just do a Bo-Katan and have Ahsoka explain it onscreen, and if you want to go back and watch it'll just enrich it more.

And yeah, she knows Vader is Anakin. I would be a little surprised if that came up, but she knows, and it was addressed in Rebels.

With all of these characters: Bo-Katan, Boba Fett, Ahsoka, they don't really need to have shows of their own. But Disney+ will always need content. Always. So you may as well make shows with fan-favorite characters. That or create new characters.

And Cassian Andor doesn't need a show, but they're making one because they need content.

Obi Wan's different though, he absolutely needs a show because he's my favorite character. And just a Lawrence of Arabia thing or whatever is fine, but that one you have to do. :cool:

DannyD likes this.
  7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Cassian is more important as that is more about the enite rebellion and how it started.

8. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Rebels gave the entire canon telling of how the Rebellion got started though. The moment Mon Mothma leaves the Senate, when the cells coalesce into the Alliance, when they go to Yavin, their entire time at Dantooine, what led to them breaking with Saw, recruiting Wedge, the first B-wing, ectera, ectera, Star Wars Rebels didn't leave Cassian much to cover. Maybe that's a good thing, Cassian is forced into being what I had once hoped Rebels would be of it's own volition; a self-contained story about characters that don't exist barely even one degree removed from Luke at all times but how important can it prove to be?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  9. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    As I've said before, I just hope she looks good. Most Ahsoka cosplays over the years have looked far too goofy for my liking. The head has always ended up looking huge, cartoonishly so. I hope they don't go overboard with the lekku and horns. Maybe a somewhat more subtle approach.

10. shaak fett

shaak fett Jedi Padawan

Aug 8, 2020
    I know you love Obi-Wan, but Obi-Wan seems like a pure fan service, and we already know all about him.

11. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    I like Cassian and I like K-2SO, but I don't know what I would even want from this series. If it's like everything else Star Wars, then they'll be some type of Force connection, so that would absolutely be the main draw for me. And will their Force connection be an individual or what?

And one thing on Rogue One: a lot of people loved the Vader scene, and I loved it too. What made the movie for me though, was the Leia scene at the end. That was literally the biggest "OH... MY... GOD" moment in Star Wars for me, ever. Nothing else has even been close. I was just stunned. And so happy. (And I'm so glad I didn't read the rumors about Rogue One if that was indeed revealed in the rumors.)

But yeah, whatever Force connection they come up with for Cassian Andor is what will make that show for me. The espionage stuff will be fine, but like I always say, I ain't in Star Wars for the revolution, I'm in it for the people with the robes and the laser swords.

This is something that they no doubt know they absolutely have to get right. It has to be perfect. It has to be convincing.

I'm sure they'll nail it. And when the Disney Gallery for this season comes out they'll probably say how Rosario Dawson spent 6 hours in makeup or whatever to pull off Ahsoka.

Oh yeah, total fan service.

And I don't expect him to do much of anything in the Obi-Wan mini-series. It's hard to imagine what they would even do. I'll just be glad to see Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan again. He made the prequels for me, as with most I imagine, so fan service me. (And yeah, I'll stay with that comment.)

And until they start doing new characters, all of this stuff is fan service to a degree. And I so desperately want them to do new stuff. And we were going back and forth on it in another thread last week, but Lucasfilm right now doesn't seem to have any plans for new stuff, just old stuff. So it looks as though all we're going to be getting is "fan service" for the near future.

I want them though to give me something set after Rise of Skywalker, give me a series about Temiri Blagg (well, maybe... ). Or use Obi-Wan to say that he did have a relationship, and there is an Obi-Wan Kenobi grandchild. Make the Obi-Wan Kenobi mini-series count in that way. Granted, that may be a little much. But like with anything, it's all in the execution.

shaak fett likes this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Watch Ahsoka not even show up next epside lol

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  13. The Togruta Jedi

The Togruta Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 22, 2020
    I think knowing the title already of episode 5 accompanied with knowing Dave Filoni is also directing it, I’d say at a minimum we’ll get a cameo.

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  14. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    I agree. At least a cameo, but I could be wrong.

15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    This next episode is a real opportunity to elevate the series with mythic stuff. I think meeting Ahsoka should very much be treated like meeting the Three-Eyed Raven in GoT. Make it mysterious and heady. And visually striking. I think that’s what they’ll go for, and that mentioning a “forest planet” was no throwaway. Ahsoka is going to be in the woods somewhere.

El_Machete12 likes this.
  16. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Wonder if her forest retreat might be be based out of an ancient Jedi Temple...

Bor Mullet and Grey Matter like this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I wonder if we’ll see her in her Gandalf get up

bstnsx704 likes this.
  18. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    I hope so. That's such a striking look for her at this stage in her life, after what she's gone through. Really leans into the place that Filoni's been pushing her the last few years.

19. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I have to admit, I am slightly nervous about Filoni's directing. This needs to be a meaty episode. I feel his two episodes are by far the weakest link in an otherwise fantastic show. Chapter 5 is arguably the worst episode so far.

20. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Bold Prediction! Ahsoka doesn’t train BY. Instead she’s just there to help Mando defeat Gideon’s secret weapon and then she’ll peace out.

whostheBossk likes this.
  21. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Hmm, I don't know, I quite liked his work in season one, myself. Chapter 5 is especially strong for me on rewatch, in that it is the episode that most explicitly subverts what we know of the state of the galaxy from the Original Trilogy. More than any other installment in the first season, Chapter 5 is the one that pushes *away* from the OT and shows us just how much things have actually changed in the five years since then while making use of so much of the iconography (the droids now running the Cantina, for example) to make its point. It was also the introduction of the show's more nuanced portrayal of the Tuskens, which was a huge hook for me right off the bat in season one that thankfully grew and expanded into something even more elaborate this season.

Also worth pointing out, and it has been documented by official sources, that Filoni was responsible for shooting second unit all throughout the first season, even on episodes where he wasn't the credited director.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I would have to rewatch the first season to remember if I liked Filoni’s directing

23. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    It was the first episode and the Tatooine Episode, right? Both were effective setups, in retrospect.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Just checked and your correct

25. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Chapter 1 and Chapter 5. The first was quite good and effective into introducing the series. Chapter 5 is generally considered the weakest episode of the series. IMO it's because of the Han Solo wannabe. It's hard to take him seriously.

Devizz likes this.