main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Carasynthia Dune (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    The "Challenge Coin" actually isn't a real world concept that I was familiar with, so thank you for sharing that!

RetropME, Sarge and Bor Mullet like this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    True. Though another potentially more fun way to do that is to have her become a New Republic soldier that pops into the narrative like the X-wing pilots from time to time.

Krueger likes this.
  3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Just sounded like he wanted to draft her into the Sector Rangers or New Republic Security Bureau and he gave her some kinda badge or transmission device to reach him.

Sarge likes this.
  4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I have dozens of challenge coins. One of these days I ought to make a display for them all.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  5. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Getting a challenge coin, particularly after being away from the action for a while (and particularly if it comes from someone you respect a lot), can be a powerful motivator to return to service, under the right circumstances. That scene had the feeling of being the right circumstances.

Sarge and RetropME like this.
  6. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
  7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    That is what I thought so too, on the flipside, I don't think this isn't the last we've seen of Cara, you'd figure her and Greef and Bo Katan and Ahsoka could all potentially turn up in the finale.

If we never see Cara again, this is a good / borderline perfect place to leave her (on the outside looking in of rejoining with a society of her former compatriots or she ends up running the town to establish something new) but I think just narrative momentum of the season she'll show up again.

Anyway, "I lost everyone" was actually a really solid line delivery by Carano was probably the best thespian bit she's had on the series.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  8. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    So it wasn't a challenge coin it was actually a badge.

9. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I like it.

10. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I predict Cara dies by season's end. I've assumed this would happen already, but the clear signal to me is that she's finished her character arc on the show by returning to serve the New Republic as sheriff.

11. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    I think Greef will die and Cara will ride off with the New Republic at the end of the season. Call it a hunch.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  12. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    I can't think of a reason to kill Greef off. Although he's also had a bit of an arc completed, he serves more of a purpose than Cara to the plot. He's Din's connection to bounty hunting (I'm assuming he's still head of the Guild). The actor is also much better than Gina and he will probably direct further episodes.

As for Cara, she doesn't serve the story any longer. If Din needs to interact with the New Republic, there are always different characters that can be brought in.

Anyway, I'm going to make a who lives and who dies poll. :)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  13. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    Why did Cara call the X-wing Captain "Blue" ...anyone? [face_dunno]

"I'm not a joiner Blue"

P.s - I really like that pilots acting, it was solid!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    TadoFett likes this.
  14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Blue is the trademark color of the New Republic- it could be a minor jab at him as Cara doesn't totally believe in the NR's cause.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    No your right. I may extremely dislike what she writes on Twitter, but as you said it doesn’t have to do with her acting ability.

With that said she isn’t the best actress ever. I wouldn’t even call her that good at it. Not horrible mind you just passable. I think they hired her for her fighting and acting came second.

But it is important to separate the art from the artist as the saying goes. So yes her twitter history is a non factor when considering her acting abilities.

So again when it comes to acting she is passable. It’s not like her acting takes away from the show. However if it were a better actress perhaps the show could be all the better.

cwustudent and Alien Vanguard like this.
  16. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    could also be in reference to the rank emblems of Rebel Naval Officers. Carson Teva would be a Navy Captain. Another possibility is a slight towards Teva as acting as a Police Officer, though the association with Blue and the Police is more of an Earth concept.

[​IMG]

17. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    The fact that Cara is special forces could also allude to a bit of a rivalry between the army and the navy.

TadoFett likes this.
  18. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Is Navy for space battle and Army for ground battle?

That's just wrong.

Also, why can't Carasynthia finish her story arc without dying? I mean. Just let her live dudes. Have her be transported to some other far planet in the middle of bumblefudge. Why kill her?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  19. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    Sacrificing yourself for others is one of the greatest gifts a character can receive. It's a great honor for her. She was an angry loner, now she's a protector for babies and families.

And if she dies, Gina will never deform Star Wars again.

cwustudent and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  20. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    [​IMG]

TadoFett and RetropME like this.
  21. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    People can disagree with you and not be terrible humans.

Sadly it seems you can only mention real-world politics on these boards (and many places online) if your point of view is skewed to the left, otherwise you get shut down; it's actually quite hostile at times. And it's not okay.

Sorry, but it had to be said.

Anyways, that's all I have to say about Gina outside of the show itself.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  22. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I think they may be setting up a scenario where Din pisses off the New Republic enough that they put a bounty/warrant on him. Cara will fight him again at some point, maybe.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Actually I do think it’s pretty terrible what she said. However saying something terrible doesn’t make you a bad human. You have to say multiple terrible things before I think your a terrible human.

However if her character dies I won’t miss her character or her acting abilities. I don’t think she will die in the final but if she does. Well I won’t really care.

24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Well, it kinda looks like this happened...

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Why not both :p

TadoFett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.