main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 2.04 - Chapter 12 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 19, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Nov 27, 2020.
  1. 10

11.8%
  2. 9

34.6%
  3. 8

31.5%
  4. 7

18.9%
  5. 6

2.4%
  6. 5

0.8%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    I might do that this week, in case the thumbnail shows Ahsoka, although it likely won't since the one for Chapter 11 didn't give away Bo-Katan.

TadoFett likes this.
  2. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Ahsoka would be too big a spoiler.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    No I doubt it. Plus I don’t think that would be any good for your eyes

TadoFett likes this.
  4. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Gideon will get his moment. It kind of seems like he is a studier, kind of similar to Thrawn actually and realised he underestimated Mando first time around. He also didn't have confirmation Mando still had the child and with the NR popping up here and there, now isn't the time for him to go after the kid AND take on the NR. The last scene and the last episode showed he is building up his arsenal in the shadows, when he arrives, it will be with a bang. Just give the show time as the seeds have been laid for Gideon, he is going to become a big part of the back end of this season I feel with Bo-Katan and Ahsoka now in it.

The Chalk Jedi and TadoFett like this.
  5. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    I'm almost certain that he's going to be making an appearance in a very big way in the very next episode. We know that he is tracking the Razor Crest, so he knows exactly where Din and the Child are going to touch down, and we know that he unveiled his squad of Dark Troopers in last episode's cliffhanger ending. I think Din, the Child, and Ahsoka's meeting is going to come to a very abrupt halt when Gideon and his Troopers touch down to give them a hard time.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think his first big appearance of the season will be the episode after this. As I think the next episode will be mainly focused on Ahsoka

TadoFett likes this.
  7. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Been there done that...But that was just reborn Sheeve and a rebuilt Empire trying to take back the Galaxy.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    TadoFett likes this.
  8. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    9/10 for me.

I was pleasantly surprised by this episode. I assumed we'd see Ahsoka but this was cool as far as building on the Child's purpose & Moff Gideon. Also, how can you not love an episode w/ Cara & Greef?

9. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    :eek: That was an episode. Stunning chase sequence, reminded me a lot RotJ with the speeder bikes, even down to some of the shots/angles. Nice surprises too that serve the story going forward. Well done to Carl Weathers for directing this one!

10. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    That speeder chase reminded me of RotJ too. Great scene. I said to my friend "at least they are good at driving those" right before they crashed themselves lol.

11. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I wonder if the set up will be similar to Saruman, his Uruk Hai and the Fellowship/The Ring [face_thinking] "Hunt them down!"

12. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Well, Filoni does love his Tolkien! And with Ahsoka in play, we are guaranteed to see this upcoming episode lean heavier into the fantasy element than the show has done at any other point to date.

darthfettus2015 likes this.
  13. Darth_Diealot

Darth_Diealot Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 6, 2020
    Yep. Sometimes some driving lessons would come in useful.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  14. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Does anyone know how the lead alien in red (that Cara Dune is fighting at the start of the episode) get a singed face?? I've watched that scene multiple times and can't figure it out [face_dunno]

15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Honestly, it doesn’t seem any slower than most multi-season TV shows I’ve watched. I think Star Wars fans are just used to...films. Where plots start and are wrapped up a few hours later. This is a TV show. Instead of asking are we there yet, we should be enjoying the scenery.
    I’ve found it refreshing to not be constantly cutting back to the villain twirling his mustache. I love Gideon, but I think he’s going to be most effective in small doses, as was Vader. That said, this last episode obviously telegraphed that his role is about to increase. I mean, did you watch the ending?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  16. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    I also don't want a mustache twirling villain, which is what I feel like he is and that's all he is with a plot device strapped to him call the darksaber. Cause I don't need 45 minutes dedicated to him but so far he has offered little to the show, and his troops are nothing but cannon fodder. I know that is a Star Wars staple to have Stormtroopers that do nothing but it adds zero tension, that was one of my biggest disappointments in this episode, with all the hallway fight scenes they were taking them out left and right and offered literally is zero threat. So so far since the end of season 1 where they offered some Threat by killing the Droid and Nick Nolte's character now they're back to not being able to hit the broadside of a barn. it's disappointing at least to me. Vader had a presence about him, tarkin had a presence about him, so far Gideon reminds me of krennic from Rogue one a lame duck villain, who is no real threat at all

dick rodgers and Chémus like this.
  17. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I give the episode a 9

Really fun episode, a couple small things I really liked...

Nevarro has become a really excellent location. I was expecting Karga to offer the Mandalorian a job, but this was a different kind of job, Greef Karga isn’t just interested in making money here like before, he sees an opportunity to rid the planet of the Empire, once and for all. He’s working to better the situation of the whole community, the whole planet. Sure it will probably benefit him personally but still the episode makes a point of showing how the town/planet has improved without Imperial occupation. I mean, the townies look happy, there are potted plants and such around, the community looks like it’s in a good place, a noticeable difference from when we first saw the planet. Karga recognizes this and is working to keep it that way.

And the second thing, I really liked the scene with Cara Dune and the x-wing pilot. Like, the x-wing pilot recognizes that there’s a disparity between the core worlds and the outer rim planets, he sees that there’s room for Imperial warlords, like Gideon, to grow and expand, a problem in the making. He recognizes that the New Republic is going to need the help of the locals to deal with the problem. It’s a short scene but really excellent at world building, and giving a glimpse into the galactic state of affairs.

18. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    They infiltrated a semi-abandoned lab, not Gideon’s inner sanctum. And then would’ve been pulverized by TIEs if it wasn’t for Mando retrieving his ship. The threat isn’t meant to be overwhelming just yet.

19. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    I don't even want an overwhelming threat, I just want a threat at all. Besides the monsters of the week, there have been zero threats as Mando and his buddies walk through squadrons of people while yawning basically.

Please let the dark Troopers do something threatning, besides being non-humans for Asoka to EASILY slice through to keep the PG rating

Chémus likes this.
  20. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Peter Sciretta from /film says Extraction director Sam Hargrave actually directed most of the last two episodes.

TadoFett likes this.
  21. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    If you watch the concept art pieces at the end, there's one of the lava meerkat breathing fire on his face. It must have been cut for some reason, but I am assuming that's the reason even if it isn't in the episode...

22. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    I think it's also pretty clever. Gideon made a strong impression at the end of season 1, especially the "Oh crap" moment with the Darksaber. But going into this season, the show continued its firm focus on Din. I know I wondered about the lack of Gideon early on, but I like the effect of it -- wondering where he is, what steps he's taking, how much he's capable of, etc. Given his ISB background, he's used to gathering information, and probably not inclined to act haphazardly.

And going back to Chapter 8, there's still the question of him having been executed for war crimes. Was Cara simply mistaken/misinformed, or is there more to it?

23. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    One thing has been bothering me slightly about this episode. Ive only watched it the once so if I'm remembering wrong please correct me, but didn't they say and show on a hologram that the imperial base was on the other side of the planet to the settlement? Yet at the end chase it only takes them a few minutes to return back home? A planet that small is not believable for me. This (along with more non-warp travel between planets, and the same two x-wing pilots being used everywhere) makes the universe feel ridiculously tiny.

24. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    The base is just outside of the green zone, the town is in the bottom portion of it:
    [​IMG]

Even though Cara says "over on this side is the problem", it looks like it's not far at all away from where they were.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  25. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    God i hope not.