main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Ahsoka Ahsoka in The Mandalorian & Spinoffs (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by TheCloneWarsForever, Mar 20, 2020.

1. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    I'd make the argument that that was the point of his character. He was a rookie, totally unsure of his every step, and flippant to the point where he turned on an ally at the behest of a bounty target that he had already secured. Not every bounty hunter is going to be cool and collected like Din.

Master Cado Afu likes this.
  2. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    I'm one of those people that actually liked "The Gunslinger." It was my favorite episode up until this season and "The Marshal"; I loved Toro Calican. And the first episode, "The Mandalorian," is my third favorite episode.

So in Dave Filoni I trust, I guess.

One thing on Ahsoka and the child: they're kind of similar in that they're both characters that are Force users/Force-sensitive, yet they don't appear or are mentioned in any of the movies.

I get the loophole for Ahsoka and ROTS. I guess I have to rewatch Rebels for how they got around the original trilogy. The Rise of Skywalker and sequel trilogy workaround is like, "Okay, whatever." So with Ahsoka they had to jump through hoops.

And now we have the child... so for some crazy reason they did it again.

So to save having to come up with two excuses, I guess you just have to put them together. And that way you can kill two birds with one stone.

And I guess have Ben Solo kill both of them or something. Or again, send them off someplace and that way they can be ready if you want to do something with them post-Rise of Skywalker.

3. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014
    Agreed. Episode 1 was spectacular, 5 felt weaker in comparison but was still somewhat decent, good in many ways.

rumblewagon likes this.
  4. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    edit

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  5. ClumsyDentist

ClumsyDentist Jedi Knight

Apr 9, 2016
    For me this spoiler sadly dosnt't sound too intriguing. I hope this turns out to be wrong.

6. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Ok so take this with a grain of salt. but the "Heavy Spoilers" youtube channel claims there has been some leaks, possibly from reddit that was quickly deleted as thats the screenshot they posted. but they were apparently saying that
    The threat this episode will basically be another side story that Din is helping with. a women called the magistrate is executing innocent civilians in some city and she will be the villain that Ahsoka is determined to stop. and there will also be abit of conflict between Din and Ahsoka in the episode.

We will also learn abit more about Baby Yoda in the episode. including his real name and where he is from, as Ahsoka reads the childs mind but is unable to see anything else about him mysteriously.

Ahsoka does mention that she is on her own mission to find grand admiral thrawn at the end. the plot going forward then turns into Mando on a mission to find out more about the child with Ahsoka giving him directions to a jedi temple.

He does say more in the video, including the apparent leaked name of the child. but just incase its not true, I'm leaving it there.

I guess we will find out if this is true Friday. don't think too hard about it though just incase. the channel does say this isn't their information so it could very well all be wrong.

whostheBossk likes this.
  7. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Maybe, maybe not.

I mean, there are people out there who make up fake leaks and fake spoilers and seed them on the internet just to get people going, for ****s and giggles. There was a rash of it back during the period after Disney had bought the franchise but before the first of the ST came out. I still remember the infamous "Darth Khaaos" supposed leak that turned out to be a big fat nothing.

We'll know within the first few minutes of the ep I guess, if it tallies up with any of that.

whostheBossk likes this.
  8. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Some old but relevant post-Rebels Ahsoka pieces from Dave Filoni that offer some insight into how he views the character in her current state, and may reflect her portrayal in her live-action debut. Note the incredibly heavy emphasis on Tolkien, which is very in line with her arc throughout Rebels.

This one was posted on his feed after the release of The Rise of Skywalker, during rampant speculation that she may be dead due to her voice appearing among all of the other fallen Jedi reaching out to Rey.

9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I really, really hope we get GandAlfsokha. That’s her coolest look by far. And we haven’t really seen that version of her in action.

10. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Aye, I very much agree. "Ahsoka the White," if you will, is such a fascinating extension of the character that makes so much sense given the context of the narratives that have unfolded around her and, more distinctly, the choices that she specifically has made. Seeing her at the end of Rebels with this garb and this staff is such a poignant note that says so much about how far she has come.

Obviously her main "goal" at this period in time is likely to still be her Search for Ezra with Sabine, but if one were to take the Tolkien allusions to heart, I almost get the sense that her interlude appearance here is something akin to the expanded lore of Tolkien's Appendices in the back of The Return of the King; an extra piece of narrative for her that exists ancillary to her main arc (which will surely be continued elsewhere) but is nonetheless an important event in the history of this specific chapter of Star Wars as told by Din and the Child.

El_Machete12 and Bor Mullet like this.
  11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    There’s little I find better than well-done Tolkienisms in Star Wars. The Shelob/ Gollum dynamic in the finding Spider Maul episode of TCW. Ahsoka the White. Gandalf vs. the Balrog (the first Obi-wan vs. Vader fight). Etc. Combine my favorite things and you get even better things.

Looking forward to the Ahsokarillion spinoff show.

12. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    I even get a certain sense of Tom Bombadil in the Bendu in Rebels, in that he is this seemingly all powerful being that refuses to take part in the conflict at hand. Ezra, in his final moments when he makes his sacrifice and "departs" into the Unknown Regions, also gives me inklings of Frodo departing for the Undying Lands - though Ezra, contrary to Frodo, is likely to return.

13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    A Bombadil/ Treebeard hybrid, yeah (though Treebeard eventually picks a side). I think Filoni may have even explicitly said something along these lines, unless I just dreamed it.

darkspine10 and bstnsx704 like this.
  14. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Now you've done it, @bstnsx704. Now I agree with what @Bor Mullet's been saying and I hope Filoni put some definite high-fantasy vibes into this next episode. I didn't know he had posted all of that, and it's beautiful!

Bor Mullet and bstnsx704 like this.
  15. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    SW has always been Tolkein-esque high fantasy, just with the tech clock wound waaaaay forward, to the point that it wears sci-fi's clothing. Which to some folks masks the fact that it is fantasy. Filoni is just making it more blatant though.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
  17. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Ahsoka’s new theme music...

Hey dol! merry dol! ring a dong dillo!
    Ring a dong! hop along! Fal lal the willow!
    Tom Bom, jolly Tom, Tom Bambadillo!

:p

18. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Her staff does come to a head in the shape of a ring.

19. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    I can imagine someone, maybe some leftover inquisitor or the like, who, as Luke founds his NJO, doesn't want to accede to his primacy in matters of the Force.

Enter Ahsoka the White to shut them down... "Authority is not given to you to deny the Return of the Jedi"

20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I can’t believe we may be seeing a live-action Ahsoka in two days.

whostheBossk likes this.
  21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Ashoska Tolkien Tano, gandalf the white.
    It is said that she still has her white light sabers.

22. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
  23. BadAcrobat

Apr 20, 2015
    Can someone explain to me how to embed/post an image?

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    You need to click the image icon to the right of the smiley-face (emoji) button when you open a post. Then you need to copy the image address link and copy and paste it into the bar that opens up that shows "IMAGE URL"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    Master_Rebado and whostheBossk like this.
  25. BadAcrobat

Apr 20, 2015
    So I cant embed a picture from my computers folder, or simply copy/paste?