main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Stan's Bar 2.0 (OOC thread for Marvel Heroes: A New Breed)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by greyjedi125, Oct 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    Lol. Who is this Sapientis you speak of? Quietly tucks away the fact The Patriarch can manipulate fire and ice too... [face_laugh] oh yeah and Wang Fire...

Waves hands and laughs

They're all different. I don't have an obsession... [face_hypnotized]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  2. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Here's hoping to succeed in what he failed to do last weekend.[face_praying][face_praying][face_praying]

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Welcome aboard, Shadowsun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Thank you! Looking quite forward to it

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

5. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
  6. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
  7. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    My deepest apologies to you all, true believers. I know the game has slowed down considerably, but an update IS coming!! ( It is, it is!! )

Thank you all for your continued patience and support. This is the worst time of the year for me as far as posting goes, but I've decided not to stop no matter what ( slow is better than stopping, imo ). So hang in there, pleeeeeease, lol. The cake is almost done!!

Thank you, @Ameteth for that revitalizing combo. Now I must follow that up with an update!

'Nuff said!!

[face_peace]

8. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    We're always happy to wait for an update!!!!!

Never give up. Never surrender!!

;)

9. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    @Ameteth & @galactic-vagabond422

My Stars!! That last combo!!!! ^:)^

You guys, that was beyond!! I think I broke the 'like' button, so...I copied pasted and put a bit of a spotlight on it. Don't blame me. :p

*( Ok, blame me, but I couldn't help myself ). O:)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  10. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    I fixed it and then broke it again...[face_laugh]

11. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    (I got bored and was struck with inspiration.)

"...It was Aegis, the Orange Goddess, that handled the situation, knocking out the villain with a single punch." A smart phone playing a news report sounded from the front row of desks. A group of teens gathered around the screen seeing a blurry image of a woman clad in orange, her face hidden behind a blue mask, fleeing the scene.

"Aw man Aegis is the best." A young man said eyes wide with wonder.

"You just have a crush on her..." one of his female classmates teased. The first boy looked away blushing.

"I don't know, she doesn't really stick around, do interviews, we don't even know her real name."

"She's just old school..."

"Alright..." A voice called out as the door to the classroom opened. "Everyone settle down, and turn off that video." Stepping through the entrance was a man of indeterminate age. Mostly due to the blue bandana covering his mouth and nose. There were no wrinkles around his eyes, or spots on his cheeks, showing advanced age. He moved easily, but with a weight on his shoulders, like the weight of the world. He wore a simple blue zipup hoodie and blue jeans, a white t-shirt underneath the hoodie. His casual attire already set him apart, but what catapulted the teacher into oddity territory was the handcuffs around his right wrist.

"Is he wearing a mask?" The girl from earlier asked in a whisper.

"What's with the handcuffs?" The Aegis fan followed up.

"Is he like you know...into that?"

"Alright," The teacher said quieting the students for a moment. "welcome to your first day at the New School for Gifted Youngsters. I am your homeroom teacher...Blueline."

"Wait that Blueline? The unstoppable hero?"

"Didn't you die?"

"Don't you have a real name?"

The questions came in thick and fast Blue just shook his head.

"Zephyr why did I let you talk me into this." He looked down clenching his fist out of sight of his students.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  12. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    @galactic-vagabond422

[:D][:D][:D]

Now, I want to see this play out!! Did you just give me homework? a challenge?? Yes....yes you did. I was smiling all along while reading and frowned when it ended....nooooo!!!

*Ahem*

"...and I give thanks for all my awesome players who are amazing beyond words. I don't deserve them, so thank you. I will do right by them. (Amen)"

Sits happily and re-reads the wonderful alt-tale before diving into his secret game notes!! [face_dancing]

13. Ameteth

Ameteth Jedi Master star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    Where is this Palantir/crystal ball/water bowl of scrying I want to see this too, with the benefit of experiencing all the things that lead to it, LOL!!!! That's some vision and powerful breadcrumbs @galactic-vagabond422 .
    And yes @greyjedi125 , you deserve each single player that enters this wonderful imaginarium and contributes with their amazing weaves of storytelling, woot woot! :D:cool:[face_dancing]

P.S "'didn't you die?" oh my....o_O:_|[face_laugh]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  14. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Yay......I can finally.......go....to.......I-)

erm...maybe not. I should do as spot check for my best friend, Mr. Typo. :rolleyes:

15. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    400 posts achievement unlocked! [face_dancing][face_dancing]

16. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    I'm late to the party!! :_|

But YAY! Anyway! [face_dancing][face_party]

Thank you ALL for making this happen!! W00T!! =D=^:)^

17. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    The GM is never late. [face_peace]

18. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Loving all these new posts! :)

19. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    I have a lot of RPF reading to do guys! Bear with me!

20. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Celebrates Zephyr's post! @Ameteth , as the first post of the New Year!! [face_dancing][face_party]

21. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    [face_tee_hee]

[face_whistling]

[face_blush]

O:)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  22. Ameteth

Ameteth Jedi Master star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    @greyjedi125 Didn't even realize that, lol! And Yaaaay to another year on the roller coaster of titanic adventures on Marvel Heroes: A new Breed, salud! [face_dancing][face_party]

And...it's NEVER 'only' a rock....umm..ahh...*gasp! :eek:[face_nail_biting]

23. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    @Ameteth

Oh, Zephyr! I think Casey is on to your true motives. [face_laugh] :p

24. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Vagabond's Bad Idea #384

It is the time of the Tokugawa Shogunate, the chaos and death of the Warring States has been left behind, and the peace is kept by the power of the Shogun. But even their power cannot protect everyone. In the streets of Edo crime still existed, it was hidden in the darkest corners, in the places those that keep order could not find. Though the foolish, or inexperienced often found it.

A teen girl dressed in orange rushes down a side street finding only a dead end. Behind her a gang of tattooed men block the only exit. She looks at them with fear. They grin moving closer and closer. Their dark eyes showing ill intent.

"No please...don't." The girl begged.

"We don't want to hurt you. But we will if you make us…"

"No you don't understand...I don't want to hurt you."

The men laugh, how could a scared girl hurt them. The press forward and she curls up more and more shaking her head.

"Don't…" The girl pleads again, closing her eyes. Behind the gang the sound of rushing footsteps is heard. Two men at the back turn their head to see a figure, masulaine in outline, if a little unremarkable, round the corner. The light catches in the dark blue of the oni mask he wears. His clothes are ripped and stained in blood.

"It's the Demon…" One of the men calls out before receiving a hard punch to the face. Another takes a straight kick to the chest sending him sprawling into the wall. The rest of the men turn towards the uninvited guest, the Blue Demon. The single figure takes a stance ready to fight them all. With a cruel smirk one of the men draws a small knife from the folds of their clothes. He rushes forward, and so does the Oni. They meet the blue clad interloper throwing a wild punch that caught the other man on the jaw. The knife plunges into the would be hero's unprotected chest. He lets out a short shout wrapping his hand around the blade currently residing in his chest.

The tough's eyes widened as the Demon rains down blows on his head before throwing him against the wall. The last two ruffians look with wide eyes as the hero pulls the knife from his chest and throws it to the ground. The last two criminals turn to the girl, one of them pulls the scared teen to her feet holding her like a shield in front of him, holding another small knife to her throat.

"Back off or I'll kill her." The girl's eyes are wide with fear, her breath short. The demon doesn't back off, though one can see his dark eyes darting around looking for some solution. "I'll do it." He presses the blade into her neck.

"Please don't…" She once again pleads/

"Shut up!" The desperate man barks.

The girl's breath slows, her fidgeting stops. Her hand wraps around her captor's wrist. He looks at her, a sneer on his face. That sneer turns into shock as she beings to twist his wrist. She keeps turning, and applying toque. A small grunt rips from the man's mouth as she continues to twist the captured limb. He tries to pull his arm away, his eyes wide with fear.

"Stop it." His voice cracks a little as his hand turns and turns, his fingers loosening around the knife until it drops from his hand. With a violent turn a loud snap echoes in the alleyway as the man's hand is now twisted the wrong way around. His shouts follow soon afterwards only to be silenced by her spinning around and catching him with a closed fist on the jaw sending him crashing into the wall behind him.

"Why you." The last man moves to lay hands on the girl. She doesn't move, her face blank as a stone mask. Her hand reaches out wrapping around the man's neck. Now it was his turn to show fear as he struggled to breathe. "What...are...you…" he says through gasps and coughs. With a single motion she slams him into the wall causing a crack to form. The last thug goes limp in her grip and she lets him go, letting his body slide to the ground.

Her wide eyed gaze falls on the Demon his hands raised.

"It's ok, you're safe now." He takes a small step forward, the girl takes a step back. "I'm not going to hurt you...It's ok." He takes another step hand outstretched. "Let's get out of here…" Slowly her hand moves from her side, closing the gap between them. As their hands touch, she blinks taking a deep breath.

At the mouth of the alley two more men appear.

"Boss!" One of them call out. The Demon places himself between them and the girl in orange. The one that spoke tires to take a step but finds his foot stuck, encased in stone. Not wanting to wait around the Demon rushes forward throwing another wide hook clocking the pinned man on the jaw. The other man turns, anger in his eyes, until a heavy thud is heard. The man's eyes roll into the back of his head and he falls to the ground revealing a well dressed man, too well dressed for this part of town. His features are sharp and distinctive, his eyes determined. The mysterious stranger slips a closed fan into his finely made dark colored clothing.

"We should go."

"Who are you?" The Demon asks.

"The man trying to help you…"

The Blue Demon looked to the girl in Orange then to the mysterious man. There wasn't time, they had to move before more showed up. Taking the girl's hand he followed the man in dark clothing.

They dash off into the darkness, brought together by fate, and luck. The future was there's to decide, but, what would they do? How would this group get on in the city of the Shogun

Welcome to Marvel Heroes: Edo

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  25. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    @galactic-vagabond422

OMG!!! WHY do you torture me with such AWESOMENESSSS!!! :_|

First 'Ryujin High School' and now 'Marvel Heroes: Edo'!!! ( BTW, this played out a WHOLE LOT BETTER in my mind than Batman Ninja )

Don't tempt me to quit my job and just run RPG's for a living...because I TOTALLY WOULD!! [face_hypnotized]

Please, keep these trailers coming!Because I live for them all. [face_laugh]

EDIT: The Blue Oni Mask and the Period Fan!! ( Brilliant touches! I want replicas for my collection )

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.