main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Official "The Mandalorian" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Corran1138, Nov 9, 2017.

1. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    More like a rework of the Shadowtrooper project from the Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast videogame.

Mia Mesharad, RetropME and bstnsx704 like this.
  2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    They both two different projects.

3. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I think the dark troopers are really just going to be canon fodder for Ahsoka to slice and dice so they don’t have to worry about human dismemberment.

If Gideon and Co actually have a decent supply of Beskar I would actually like it if he’d used some in the armour plating of the Dark Troopers to nullify Mando’s obvious advantage in combat. Would make for an interesting fight.

Bor Mullet and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Isn’t that basically confirmed by some images of tank trooper-looking dudes with beskar armor?

5. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Huh, I must have missed those.

6. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Here they are. Not sure if it’s confirmed that the armor is beskar. But it sure looks like it. And would make sense if Gideon wants to even his odds against Mando and other Mando “pirates” as he referred to Bo-Katan and crew.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicb...-season-2-rogue-one-connections-tank-trooper/

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    whostheBossk likes this.
  7. Darth_Diealot

Darth_Diealot Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 6, 2020
    Not really a discussion, but a pleasant surprise to me. My wife isn't really into SW. Yesterday I got her to watch the first two episodes of season 1. To my surprise, she wants to continue watching the series. She is, however, one of the few human beings who doesn't think that The Cild is "cute". She found it quite annoying with him eating the living frog. Well, I guess she will have some issues with his future meals...

army4strong likes this.
  8. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    That’s OK. Some people just have black holes in place of their hearts. It is what it is.

The Chalk Jedi and Darth_Diealot like this.
  9. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    This place looks fun.
    I'm enjoying season 2, and this last episode reveal definitely has me wondering what really is all this about. Not like Star Wars to just lay it all out like that.

boomx2sjk likes this.
  10. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
  11. boomx2sjk

boomx2sjk Jedi Master star 2

Nov 9, 2012
    It really did feel...different. It was refreshing to actually get some ANSWERS to things instead of stringing things along for entire trilogy of movies or collection of books/comics or whatever.

I think Star Wars has had a tendency to build up anticipation for BIG ANSWERS and fail to deliver when the time comes.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  12. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Its definitely worth waiting for since now we are getting these questions answered or at least able to dissect what it is the Imperial former Empire is doing. Makes it fun to discuss.
    Next week has to be the Ahsoka episode so it will be even larger than anything we've seen yet.

boomx2sjk likes this.
  13. boomx2sjk

boomx2sjk Jedi Master star 2

Nov 9, 2012
    Do we expect Ahsoka to be a "one and done" character in the vein of Cobb Vanth (for now), Fennec Shand and Mayfeld or do we believe she will be an integral part of the story going forward?

14. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Too powerful to be available on a regular basis like Greef, Cara or Peli but I think she'll be around for multiple episodes this season. At least to shine alongside live-action Bo Katan once.

15. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Now what do I have to do to get a Nautolan in this show...

16. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I'm waiting for an Ithorian. I thought the Aqualish in the last episode looked great.

17. The Original Sith

The Original Sith Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 12, 2017
    This is a nitpick, but I have to ask. Why did they take his helmet off so early? The rule of thumb is when the main character wears a mask or helmet, you don’t reveal their face until it’s absolutely necessary.

18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    The last episode of a season is hardly early. And the episode explains in excruciating detail why it was absolutely necessary.

Darth Chiznuk and Bor Mullet like this.
  19. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    So... looks like the camp full of sail barge rejects was originally supposed to be populated with multiple IG units, and 4-LOM or a similar model?

20. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Just thinking about it a bit and at this rate another point of reference that I'd use for The Mandalorian is the Mad Max films. After the original film, which told Max's origin, each subsequent sequel operated more like a folk tale or a story being passed down by the campfire. In each sequel, Max is the equivalent of a wandering Ronin who gets drawn into other characters' narratives, refuses to help at first, and then is ultimately coerced into doing the right thing and helps them out before retreating back out into the Wasteland by the end of the film. The Mad Max films, like The Mandalorian, draw heavy inspiration from samurai films and westerns. Part Kurosawa, part "The Man With No Name," and very George Lucas in that regard. The Lone Wolf and Cub series of films is another good reference point for what The Mandalorian is doing structurally.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah. The unmasking by IG-11 was only an essential element of Mando’s character development, given that it’s the endpoint for his deep personal antipathy towards droids... Wait, that sounds like a really good reason to take his helmet off.

Darth Chiznuk and bstnsx704 like this.
  22. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Ahh, man... Amazon is the worst. I pre-ordered The Art of The Mandalorian a month back and it was due to release yesterday. On Monday, the day before it was set to release, I got a notification from Amazon saying that it arrived - but there was no package outside of my house. On Tuesday I called them about that and they said it must have just been mismarked as delivered and that it should be here soon. I took them at their word, hung up, and carried on with my day. And now, this morning, my neighbor just knocked on my door. I guess the package was delivered, most likely back on Monday like the website said, to the wrong house in the middle of a massive storm over here and it had sat outside of the wrong house through the entire storm and had been there for 24+ hours since then. So that's great. Book is all soggy and warped, but once it dries it should at least be mostly readable, which I guess is the best case scenario in all of this because Amazon won't be able to get me a good replacement copy for another two weeks since it is currently out of stock.

23. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Diana Lee Inosanto:

When your MA heritage takes you to a galaxy far, far away!
    I am forever grateful to my father, #DanInosanto. Never would I have expected that those childhood years of him teaching me Filipino Martial Arts (ironically at one time with a toy Lightsaber!) would foreshadow my battle sequence with a beloved character as #AhsokaTano (brilliantly played by #rosariodawson ). Never would I have even imagined that I would be found by the creative genius' team of #DaveFiloni and #JonFavreau. And the charismatic #PedroPascal, you made my work a charged palette of bold colors. Finally, I have to give a shout out to the stunt team of #themandalorian , several of whom trained with my father, and made me feel right at home. #RyanWatson you are an amazing Stunt Coordinator! Thank you #laurenmarykim and #caitlindechelle for providing the girl power of your stunt prowess. I am just so glad you guys were by my side in order to make these characters come to life! #brendanwayne, I loved living vicariously through your fascinating family history—you’re such a great man and #MichaelBiehn, you’ll always be Sci-Fi Royalty in my eyes. It was a pleasure working beside you. #wingchao, I adore you and your sister—such an honor to work with you—(can I get my coat back? [​IMG] ) This crazy, beautiful journey called life!

[​IMG]

seeker_two, Ithorians and Bor Mullet like this.
  24. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    I loved the new episode. Team Boba and Din.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am really interested to see how that partnership plays out

Bor Mullet and Kato Sai like this.