main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I woke up my wife last night celebrating that last touchdown. I didn't want to wake her up again when they got that final pick, but it felt so good. Glad to see the Chiefs beat the Raiders this time and redeem that loss back on Oct 11th. Mahomes is magic. I do give the receivers a lot of credit, but he was threading the needle every single pass. The Raiders had great coverage. They're not the same easy to beat team so thanks to excellent coaching and decision making on the Chiefs side, we were able to pull this one out. Feels good man.

*EDIT: If it wasn't for that pick in the red zone, the final score would have probably been 42-31.
    Two picks this year. That's all. Wow!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    Juliet316 and solojones like this.
  2. Django211

Django211 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 6, 1999
    As a Bears fan watching the Chiefs is painful. Its not just because of the horrible draft day mistake of Trubisky over Mahomes. KC is the blueprint of what Nagy wants to do with his offense. Watching the 4th quarter showed just how far away the Bears are. After the Raiders scored the go ahead touchdown and left so much time on the clock, I don't think anyone was surprised that Mahomes marched them down the field. They moved so efficiently, in chunks, they blocked well and even when Mahomes was pressured he got out of danger and delivered strikes. It was beautiful football and I hate knowing there is no way the Bears can in any way follow in KCs footsteps.

Rew likes this.
  3. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    And as unforgiveable @Django211 it is for the Bears to passed on Mahomes, it's still even more unforgiveable for them to passed up on Watson too for a guy (Tribusky) who was a bench warmer at a basketball school. Watson beat Alabama for the national championship in his last college game. Meanwhile Tribusky was struggling against Stanford in the bleeping Sun Bowl during his last one. Unreal. Pace and everyone should be fired for that along with many other mistakes but you know the McCaskeys. It's just about the bottom line with them especially now that the revenue stream is much lower due to no fans.

4. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    My coworker Mike is a Bears fan and with the Bears on a bye this week, he mentioned in our team meeting this morning, that he was watching other NFL games. He said that he was amazed how well the other QBs throw a ball and how it zips to the receiver where he feels that all they do in Chicago is lob it.

5. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    You guys are so negative. The Bears made amazing strides this week by having a bye week. No loss and all division teams lost.
    Sometimes you just have to grip onto whatever little hope you can.

6. Django211

Django211 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 6, 1999
    The last time the Bears had a terrific defense and a putrid offense they at least had Devin Hester as a legit weapon. The Bears would force a punt and Hester would take it to the house or at least give them great field position. Teams would punt out of bounds on kickoffs and the offense would start at the 40. Good times...

LloydChristmas, Luke02 and Juliet316 like this.
  7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    acl/mcl tears along with "additional structural damage" for joe burrow's knee. very long recovery ahead, wouldn't be surprised if we saw his playing return in 2022.

Luke02 likes this.
  8. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    I remember the 84 Bears after McMachon went down. Payton left, Payton right, Payton up the middle and then punt hoping the defense could score. That was the year that Ditka got so mad with the Bears QB he eventually made Payton the QB for a game as Rusty Linch was holding the ball "like a loaf of bread" even though his main job was just to hand it off. God the franchise truly is cursed at that position as again Bobby Layne cursed two of them!

Agree I just saw that on NFL Network which I have on in the background. God that just sucks! As you said he could very well be out until 2022.

And I must admit that at least for one week starting Taysom Hill was the right choice. I still question how accurate he is with the football but playing the Falcons Sean P's long term plans with him worked well.

Juliet316 and Django211 like this.
  9. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Was hoping for better news. That really really sucks.

solojones, heels1785 and Luke02 like this.
  10. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    There's a good argument that Cordarrelle Patterson is the greatest kick returner of all time. Not counting punts, just kicks.

Patterson is tied with Josh Cribbs and Leon Washington for the career record for kick returns for touchdowns with eight. He's had two in two seasons in Chicago, both over 100 yards.

Patterson is second all time in career yards per kick return, currently at 29.9. Only Gale Sayers is higher at 30.6, on a much smaller sample size.

Is Patterson equal to what Hester was when he had 11 kicks/punts returned for touchdowns in just his first two seasons? No, but I'd still say Patterson is a legit weapon on kickoffs. I'd feel pretty good about having him back there returning kicks.

mnjedi and heels1785 like this.
  11. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Brady getting bailed out so far with these questionable PI calls.

12. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    My predictions. ESPN updated the Playoff Machine for the new format (though for some reason at the very bottom it doesn't bold the #7 seeds)

Also, as a pet peeve. It abbreviates NY Giants and Jets, but not LA Rams and Chargers.

[​IMG]

13. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm way less young, less rich, and have less access to around-the-clock medical care than Burrow and just recently came back from an ACL/MCL/add'l damage injury. It'll likely come down to what that added damage is (does he need a bone graft for a fracture in there? etc.) but knowing how he puts in work, I'd actually expect him back sometime next season.

...that is if Cincy's draft position holds and they take Sewell, by all accounts a generational talent on the O-line. If they don't shore that up with picks & signings, it's franchise malpractice to put him back under center.

@jcgoble3 @christophero30 Thank God Aaron Rodgers for the Buckeyes or Ohio football would be unconstitutional according to the Eighth Amendment.

tom, christophero30 and jcgoble3 like this.
  14. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    If they have the chance to take Sewell and don't, Mike Brown may need to hire bodyguards, because fans will be calling for his head.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  15. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Fantastic game thus far; glad to see Goff & company make Brady pay for that INT.

16. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I don't know if Brees is ever coming back, so Brady may well own the TD record.

17. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Terrible call to run there on third and eight. Bucs had timeouts and there was just way too much time on the clock to have any confidence that it would make a difference.

18. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Timely Brady INT!

19. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    That’s all she wrote.

I’m looking forward to Brady and Brees (and Rodgers, natch) going away and making room for some new blood.

Also: Brian Griese won us a national championship, but he’s terrible in the booth. Get rid of him and leave it to Riddick.

DarthTunick likes this.
  20. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Sore loser Brady strikes again!

21. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Big win for the Rams.

22. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
  23. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    i present the "im not giving up on my preseason pick yet, @mnjedi" scenario:

[​IMG]

24. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    The only race that matters...
    [​IMG]

25. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015