main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Armorer

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Tan-Wessel, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    what?

2. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    The Exorcist.

DannyD likes this.
  3. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    I don't think it's inconsistent for Bo Katan to reject "outsiders" while still being on board with the "foundlings are Mandos" tradition. She uses the term "foundling" with regard to the child, if I remember correctly, and seems to understand and accept that Din being "quested" with his mission is a sacred duty within the Mando tradition. My read (could be wrong) is that across the many Mandalorian factions, the inculcation of foundlings and acceptance of them as true Mandos is basically universal, and "outsider" refers to anyone not of the creed, as Maul wasn't -- and Viszla's betrayal of the creed was ceding power based on strength alone (although even that was a ruse that failed).

I also think it's possible that The Armorer and her covert's specific manner of enacting the code and indoctrinating the foundlings might be somewhat of a variation or perversion of the creed, and Bo may well strongly disapprove of its particulars. But the framework of it seems to now, canonically, be the baseline Mando ethos.

4. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Mandalorian identity being primarily a large, non-homogenous culture is something I've looked forward to as a possibility for a long time, ever since TCW added in the more politically united and "civilized" families and since Rebels reintroduced Clans and Houses... but I always thought the idea of highly nomadic, decentralized bands as the main "growing" part of the civilization at its peak was the strongest part of the Traviss-created mythos.

So, the way I'm seeing it is that every Mandalorian clan and house starts out as a nomadic band loosely tied by adoption, as survivors of battles are taken in regardless of their place of origin, and traditionally, their code for "naturalization" was quite a bit more relaxed - you needed the armor and to answer to your clan's head, and if someone united the clans as Mandalore, to answer to them, but everything else was a lot more flexible, and there was no "Never show your face" creed.

However, as the clans grew in power and conquered many planets, higher ranking clans ceased to be nomadic and fortified themselves on individual home-world or cities, with the largest and most powerful of these groups becoming "Houses" that sheltered other clans, with the armor becoming family heirlooms. But once they've been exiled from their homeworld by the Empire, you have to figure out what keeps you Mandalorian now, and while some are very much "patriotic"/"nationalist" enough to now have their identity tied to their homeworld first, I'd bet some of them no longer see the armor as important anymore (like the New Mandalorians), while others have become fixated on it (The Watch.)

5. Wilhuff's Slippers

Wilhuff's Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 12, 2019
    Soooooo, we all think she's a Zabrak, right?

6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
  7. Wilhuff's Slippers

Feb 12, 2019
    If she's not a Zabrak I can only assume she was previously part of the Mauldalorians, those little horns in the helmet can't just be a cool design choice, surely?

Bor Mullet likes this.
  8. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    That’s my thinking. Or at least, she somehow inherited/ acquired that helmet without having been directly part of the Mauldalorians.

9. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Mauldalorians is an eyesore.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  10. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    There's also precedent for spiked Mandalorian helmets in the EU. Mandalore the Lesser, for example.

[​IMG]

11. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    this is incredible..... thanks for sharing.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  12. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Not a fan of the Maul-themed Mando armor. Some of the worst costume designs in Star Wars, IMO.

If very subtle like on the Armorer’s helmet, fine. But the other ones in TCW were way too over the top.

The Imperial Mando armor, on the other hand, is one of the best costume designs in Star Wars.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
    Jango_Fettish likes this.
  13. Jango_Fettish

Jango_Fettish Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 17, 2002
    Couldn’t disagree more with you on the Mauldalorians. They are over the top but in the right way. A few were kind of ugly but a lot of them were cool. Even if Darth Maul + Boba Fett is something a 9 year old would think of.

Totally agree on the Imperial Super Commandos though. They are a fantastic design.

14. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    SWTOR had some very cool concept art

clone commander bossk likes this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    And that’s not one of the cooler ones.

By the way, where’s the Armorer? Is the Children of the Watch covert going to come back into play at some point?

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  16. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    She's probably out there looking for new kids to brainwash.

17. Wilhuff's Slippers

Feb 12, 2019
    I don't think we will see her again this season, when we do see her though I think there will be serious words exchanged between her and Din and possibly a physical confrontation...

18. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I do not think the armorer will be as important as people think. I think many have taken Bo's words as gospel when that episode brings it up so lightly and quickly shrugs it off. Not like when they said their goodbyes Bo was all beware! BEWARE the armorer!

I do not get the sense it will be important at all when Din returns.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  19. Kez-Iban

Kez-Iban Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    I’m guessing the Armorer will be back in season 3. The Watch will probably see a big opportunity for power if they get word that one of their own has the darksaber.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I could definitely see her trying to attack Don now that he has the darksaber

21. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    He's not one of their own now anymore though. He removed the helmet in front of others.

But I do hope the Armorer will be back in Season 3. She has lots of explaining to do.

Sarge likes this.
  22. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    True, as Kanan told Sabine, and as the Armorer herself told Din about just the beskar. I think it would make sense to bring in some more characters, and bring the Armorer back, for season 3 in the absence of Grogu -- not as a straight replacement, to be clear, but to fill the space in a way that informs the next part of Din's development.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I definitely think we’ll see Sabine but I wonder who she will side with as I don’t think Din and Bo will be on the same side

Grey Matter and Blueandwhite like this.
  24. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    It's that kind of prospect that makes this situation really intriguing.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    If Djarin makes it Season III, I think a possible scenerio would be a rivalry between him and Paz Vizsla. That sword belonged to the Vizsla line, but that BEFORE Maul became worthy and Mandalore after defeating Pre. The fact remains only Maul is rightful ruler of Mandalore and this remains true on The Mandalorian, which retcons Ezra & Sabine's steal and her handing it over to Bo-Katan.

As for the Armorer, she placed him on this quest. Perhaps she's a Force user and her own motives. Maybe she's Maul's adopted daughter or strandcast,lol. A lil more seriously, I think this season strayed in another direction than the first, thats why the Armorer did not make it to Season II, unless they cut her part out as they had too many characters and plot line was already getting muddled.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020