main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics 2.0 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Nov 11, 2020.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

politico's already polling. welcome to die.

Pensivia, Rew, Nobody145 and 14 others like this.
  2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    They should just replace all American politics with elections. It's about as effective but much more aesthetically pleasing.

3. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    It reminds me of that interview with Bernie and the wife of Alan Greenspan.
    She says her BSs about 2020 possible nominee (it was like December 2016), Bernie gets frustrated and schools her about media obsession for elections and related gossips, and she immediately replies
    "what about a Sanders/Kasich ticket ? " and you can see Bernie dying inside on television.

4. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Right...but what are the "silent" Trump voters saying?

In all seriousness though. This kind of **** needs to stop. It's just insane for them to be "polling" 2024 on the day Trump basically conceded 2020, as if it were anything serious, or anything other than clickbait meant to keep the frenzy going at full tilt.

Rew and Yodaminch like this.
  5. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    lol welcome to the internet

6. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    You were told in the other thread to drop it. That also applies here. That goes for the repetition of your cousin’s horrible comments *and* the objectification of Michelle Obama. You can compliment an aspect of her that is more important than physical appearance.[

You were told in the other thread to drop it. That also applies here. That goes for the repetition of your cousin’s horrible comments *and* the objectification of Michelle Obama. You can compliment an aspect of her that is more important

You were told in the other thread to drop it. That also applies here. That goes for the repetition of your cousin’s horrible comments *and* the objectification of Michelle Obama. You can compliment an aspect of her that is more important than physical appearance.[/QUOTE
    Sorry Darth Punk and Heels talked about it with me it's all cleared up. I simply accidentally put this in the wrong thread as well as poor judgment I am sorry for anyone who was offended.

anakinfansince1983 and Luke02 like this.
  7. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Mecha-Hitler is polling surprisingly low. Well, we’re still four years out.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Biden advisor Bauer throwing down facts this morning:

So Trump just gave a two minute warning to the WH Press Pool that he was going to have a "press conference". Instead all he did was come out, congratulate himself on the DOW hitting 30k (even though the current bull market run all has to do with the president elect Biden and the hopes of the vaccine ending the pandemic sometime mid/late next year), claims he won the election yet again but it was stolen and then left. There was noticeable laughter from the press pool as he walked out.

You truly have a situation where it's beyond just "two Americas" now. Instead this is a situation where we have one country but people in two realities. Again @DarkGingerJedi for all the talk about how Trump "brings out the vote" the reality is he did not do that in either election as he will wind up getting a smaller percentage of the vote then Mitt Romney did and the Republicans got absolutely crushed in the 2018 election. And let's not forget while yes the GOP gained some house seats this election, they not only lost the WH but they are at minimum -1 in the Senate. So in the end the Democrats did better in two out of the three branches this election. Trump's babbling about how great he is for a ticket works on the rubes but the people who control the party (aka the money people) are smart enough to realize the faster they can detach from trouble the better. They just hope the government and creditors sock it to Trump so badly the cult will have no choice but to find a new leader. If not you could see them running a MAGA/Q party which yes theoretically would be great for the Democrats but in the end would be horrific for the country as a whole.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    It’s starting.

This is what has concerned me all along— someone who picks up the mantle of Trumpism but without the bull****. While I don’t know if Marco Rubio will be successful here, taking Trump’s points and making them sound reasonable to a larger swath of Americans poses a real risk to Democrats moving forward. A slight moderation in temperature without much change in tone could still be enough to cripple Joe Biden.

EDIT: Nevada state Supreme Court just certified their election for Biden.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  10. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Again press conferences @Vaderize03 and tweets are not governing. Good luck to Marco trying to say that when they are under a hearing and when the Biden team throws it back in Marco's little face that we are now more dependent on China then we have before but do not have any other trade agreements to make up for it aka Trumpism failed. Big time. The ironic thing about Trump was he was correct on one thing...we are way too reliant on China and they do not play by the rules as I said in the COVID-19 thread, their problems with the vaccine show they really not as advanced as they claim and are well in the end just very good cheaters. The problem with Trump was that his go it alone approach was stupidity beyond belief (which the Biden administration will fix as I expect us to be involved with a lot of good trade agreements with other countries within the next 12-18 months of him taking office) and well Trump might have talked a tough game about China at press conferences and our Twitter, the reality was he was kissing their butt behind the scenes because all he really cares about is doing business there.

So no Little Marco's little temper tantrums do not concern. Nothing about the GOP currently concerns me anymore. They are party that cannot even stand up to lame duck president who became the first one in history to lose the popular vote twice AND get impeached (along with joining the infamous one term presidents club) let alone come up with anything to resemble a true opposition party. As Romney said, they are going to make a really fatal mistake by instead of working with the Biden administration, they are just going to say no to everything therefore Biden will push his agenda thru using EC that will be much more progressive then had the Republicans work with Biden on stuff.

11. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    Yes, but the bigger problem with that, for them, is that they don't have the cult-like charisma that Trump has with his followers. Rubio may share 99% of the same political agenda, but he's not Trump.

Trump's followers want cruelty, they want to hyper-charged insanity, they want chaos, and they want most of all to own the libs. Rubio doesn't represent that. At all. And making Trump sound more reasonable or palatable to a larger swath of America, isn't going to work, because that current swath want what Trump offers that Rubio cannot. Rubio is no strongman. He's no cult leader. No one is going to have a faith-based end of world devotion to Rubio.

Someone might come along someday to cover both ends...but I don't see anyone in the current GOP that has what Trump has in himself.

Kiki Jinn likes this.
  12. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Rubio is a nobody.

That said, there is no good answer to this. China will keep growing faster than US, until inevitably it will become the first super power. It's a tough pill to swallow for many, but it's going to happen no matter what you do. It doesn't matter whether you blame the immigrants, Soros or Jeff Bezos, capitalism doesn't care about your feelings.

If you still have imperialist ambitions, brace yourself to be hit by the sad truth in the next 2 decades.
    I just hope to see some politician who will finally have the courage to make this point clear in their rhetoric, 'cause too many people keep living in the illusion that this isn't happening right now.

13. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    All true, but he can rally support to block Biden in the Senate.

That was my point. And yes, China is ascendant and will eventually be dominant.

14. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Regime interregnums have always been a convenient period for tying off loose ends . . .

15. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    While sounding less unhinged.

16. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    As long as trump is alive, he as the GOP base locked. They are devoted to him. And they think this is a faith based test not to give up on him. Even if he's not running, any other non-Trump candidate isn't going to get the full their blown hyped up support.

And some of these people don't even seem to be beholden to the GOP at all anymore. They're here for Trump from now on. When they say they'll never vote for another president...they mean it. Trump is end game.

They might ultimately vote for a non-Trump, if Trump isn't running, but they won't care as much. No one else will ever match Trump.

Rew likes this.
  17. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Yep.

[​IMG]

Also yep. And yuck! They're united by the fact he says all their terrible thoughts out loud and he speaks fluent gibberish. Truly Palin's successor and then some.

18. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    And yet they @3sm1r cannot even get the COVID-19 vaccine to work properly as our scientists put in much as stock into as the Russian vaccine. For all the talk about how great China is, they still gigantic problems including infrastructure as they cannot even feed about 300 million of their own people properly hence why they are more then willing to let a bunch of them die in the pandemic. At the end of the day, what the Chinese are is really a bunch of cheaters highlighted by a economy that is just propped by government spending even much more then ours as it's getting their laws to have a negative GDP. Yes they are a concern but honestly? Automatization and the rise of AI is a much bigger threat to the world including the Chinese ironically as within thirty years it will be the actual "superpower" in the world. I really do think by the time my youngest is finishing college (a little less then twenty years from now) the world will be beginning to be run by super computers controlled by AI and geopolitical differences will look absolutely meaningless. And I truly think the push globally to tackle climate change head on and look for alternate fuels will also lead to their downfall as while the world begins to use cheap/clean/reusable fuels, China will still be in the Dark Ages using fossil ages. That is why it's so important for us to push alternate fuels now and why Trump/GOP are so stupid and wrong. Beyond alternative fuels being an issue for climate change, it's also an economic one as the countries who turn to it first who will be the leaders of the 21st century. That is one of the main reasons world leaders were literally stepping over each other to talk with President Elect Biden. They know the 2020's and beyond is going to be about who can develop the most efficient energy sources using alternative fuels (along with deep down the slow rise of AI) therefore they need us to get there.

Meanwhile Trump is pardoning a turkey at the White House and as Jordan Fabian put it, it is no the oddest thing to happen today there:

blackmyron likes this.
  19. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    Trump is about to pardon the first of several turkeys

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    He did once ask if he could pardon himself.

21. Kiki Jinn

Kiki Jinn Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2020
    I watched Trump’s 1 minute presser... all the swagger is gone, all of it. He’ll have to snort enough Adderall to get it back going if he wants to keep the base under his spell, which he desperately needs to do as they’ll soon be his primary source of income.
    So I expect him to get back into ‘character’ but watching him lifelessly mope about for now is glorious.

Rew, blackmyron, BigAl6ft6 and 2 others like this.
  22. bluealien1

bluealien1 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 14, 2015
    some one will kiss his ring and trump will tweet nice things about him so his cult vote for him. that's if his not in jail.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  23. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Yep but he was told legally it might not hold up so most likely he will resign and let Pence do it just like he will let Pence handle all the inauguration/transition stuff. Pence truly is his whipping boy hence Pence to me as he reminds me of Silas from The Da Vinci Code.

He will forever be mopping and gripping in even in front of his cult. Trump will just sit there and give his grievances each time living his followers unnerved like they were at the end of the campaign and leave each speaking event confused but they will keep going back because they have nothing else.

And my favorite part of that presser was Elf on a Shelf VP Pence just standing there doing absolutely nothing acting like he always. Wondering how he even got there and what thing Trump will ask him next that will be against his "religion" but doesn't care since his true religion is power.

24. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    I never said they are great, I am just saying that they are going to become the dominant power in less than 20 years and you will have to rethink the concept of American exceptionalism very soon.

Every election cycle there will be someone claiming that the opponent helped China, and you have to vote for them in order to keep America the best, but there is nothing anyone can really do.
    China has a population about 4 times larger, they are growing on average at twice the speed and they can offer cheaper labor. By a very rough estimate, China's GDP should surpass US' GDP in something like twelve years.

Ironically (and this is one of the paradox of Trumpism), if right-wingers were serious about competing with China economically, immigration should be their best friend, they should encourage it with passion. It's the best way to decrease the price of labor and thus make investments more attractive.

25. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Trump trips on addies for rallies and speeches. But he may be binging on McDonald's for a while. I expect he will found Trump TV and undermine Fox News. I wouldn't be surprised if Chris Wallace goes to another network. I gotta say I appreciated how Wallace interviewed Trump and Putin.

Meanwhile, Dianne Feinstein hugged Lindsey Graham. What is she going to use her last term for? Money! We need to vote for more Justice Democrats. I'm glad the Squad has expanded in the House. But we need to get more progressives betides Sanders, Warren, and Merkley in the Senate. Honestly, I've talked with a sister-figure who was visiting from Australia, and she's originally from England. She couldn't understand why we don't have a unicameral legislature, and I don't like it, either. I would prefer the House to be it. Honestly, apart from wanting to fix this corporatist majority, I think we need more Supreme Court Justices regardless because the population is too big for just nine people, especially including a freak like Kavannah and a zealot like Barrett, to be making decisions. I'm inclined to use Joruus C'baoth's quote to Thrawn about "worlds you don't know and have never been to" about them.

Kiki Jinn and Emperor Ferus like this.