main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT What is your favorite scene from each of the Classic Trilogy movies?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by YodaMocha, Sep 10, 2017.

1. JeanNo

JeanNo Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 21, 2015
    Episode IV: Vader vs Obi-wan
    Episode V: Yoda teaching Luke
    Episode VI: Battle over the Sarlacc

Just my childhood.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  2. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Hard to pick just one for each.

ANH- Trench run when Luke hears obi wan as Vaders on his tail.
    ESB- I am your father
    (Love Yoda lifting X-Wing)
    ROTJ- By far the best scene in my opinion of entire saga...
    Luke tells Vader "then my Father is truly dead"
    (Luke v. Vader /The celebration at end is great too)

3. bb8isno1

bb8isno1 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 29, 2020
    ANH Binary Sunset
    ESB "I am your father"
    ROTJ Luke Vader Emperor scenes.

4. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    I can honestly say I do not have any favorite scenes or moments. I don't have any least favorite scenes or moments either. Obviously, some scenes do resonate with me more than others, but I still wouldn't call them favorites. And I have scenes that take me out of movies at times, but not enough to call them least favorites. I watch movies on the whole. Those scenes, good or bad, favorite or least favorite, are still part of the movie on the whole, and good or bad, favorite or least favorite, matter within that movie on the whole.

For me, having favorite and least favorite scenes create an expectation within a movie that makes it less enjoyable on the whole. When you have a favorite scene, as you watch the movie, your anticipation of that scene builds until that favorite scene passes, and then the remainder of the movie becomes a let down as the pinnacle has already passed and you have little reason to continue watching. Same with least favorite scenes. It lends itself to glossing over the movie knowing that bad scene is coming as you just wish the movie would get passed it and become good. Again this is just for me, but it creates an uneven viewing experience and lowers the overall quality of the movie I'm watching. I used to have favorite moments, but I found I didn't enjoy subsequent viewings as much as I thought. I also found older movies didn't hold up as well over time for me because I was watching for the moments, instead of watching the entire film. Since I've gotten myself to stop, I've found a greater enjoyment of movies as I'm watching the complete movie. I've found movies that I had discarded over time, to move back into favorite status because I found a greater appreciation for the movie instead of just enjoying a scene or two.

Now this is not to say there aren't good or great movies with bad scenes. Nor am I saying there aren't bad or horrible movies with good scenes. But they don't qualify as favorite or least favorite scenes for me because if it's a good movie, I'm going to watch regardless of the bad scenes. And the opposite is true of a bad movie. I'm not going to watch a bad movie just because of a few good scenes.

oierem and Toddy like this.
  5. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    ANH: The Rebel squadron leaving Yavin base, through Luke's trench run
    ESB: Yoda explaining the nature of the Force to Luke, or the entire lightsaber duel
    ROTJ: The final part of the lightsaber duel thru Vader's death

6. FightoftheForgotten

FightoftheForgotten Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2020
    I've ways been a fan of the quiet moments.

ANH - Obi-Wan explaining everything to Luke in his dwelling. I still cling to every word of dialogue in that scene.

TESB - Yoda and Luke in Yoda's hut as Luke realizes that this crazy old creature is Yoda.

ROTJ - Luke revealing to Leia that they are siblings in the Ewok village.

7. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2020
    Wow, difficult question... Hard to narrow it down to just one for each

ANH: Medal ceremony scene... The triumphant music, the entire military feel to the scene.. Han and Luke marching down to receive their medals. R2 beeping and chirping in excitement.. Leia, Luke Han and Chewie all standing on stage as the movie ends. Probably my favorite scene.

ESB: Everything on Bespin. But if I had to choose just one scene, probably the Carbonite freezing chamber.

ROTJ: The ending celebration scene. I’m always back and forth on whether I prefer Yub Nub or Victory Celebration

8. imperial scum

imperial scum Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 7, 2020
    ANH: Death Star trench run with the fate of Yavin 4 in the balance
    ESB: Imperial Fleet reveal with Imperial March
    ROTJ: Palpatine teasing Luke in the throne room

9. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    Wow - so many to pick from, hence the OT is great. :)

But, I'll try and play:
    ANH - The battle of Yavin
    TESB - The Bespin scenes
    ROTJ - Luke/Vader/Emperor battle

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  10. Bring_My_Shuttle

Bring_My_Shuttle Jedi Master star 1

Oct 22, 2006
    SW: Han repeating to Jabba what he told Greedo
    ESB: Vader's shuttle returning to the Executor and being greeted by Jerjerrod.
    ROTJ: The celebrations on Cloud City which was evacuated.

christophero30 likes this.
  11. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
  12. Trev Elyt

Trev Elyt Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 22, 2019
    • A New Hope — Luke and Leia swinging across the pit on the Death Star.
    • The Empire Strikes Back — “I love you.” / “I know.” (Leia hearing Luke on Bespin and turning the Falcon around to save him is a close second, though.)
    • Return of the Jedi — Either the escape from Jabba’s palace (the battle over the Sarlacc/Leia killing Jabba), the speeder bike chase or Luke and Leia’s conversation before he leaves to confront Vader.

13. Huncrweo

Huncrweo Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 3, 2020
    A New Hope: Binary Sunset
    The Empire Strikes Back: "I know."
    Return of the Jedi: "I am a Jedi, like my father before me."

14. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    ANH... the opening scene... just edges out the duel.. and obi wan speech in the hut
    ESB... the duel..Yoda intro just loses out
    rotj. always loved thr sail barge battle.. but... the final battle wins

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  15. SoUncivilized

SoUncivilized Jedi Padawan

Dec 5, 2019
    A New Hope: The Burning Homestead. My favorite scene of the entire Saga.

Empire Strikes Back: Something about the lead-up to the Battle of Hoth that I really dig. Same with the slow beginning to the final duel.

Return of the Jedi: It has to be the Throne Room, but I think it's particularly the passage where Luke loses his temper after Vader taunts him about Leia. The music and choreography and camera work there is something else.

16. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    A New Hope: The climactic Death Star battle. Rising tension, awesome score, everyone's character arcs come together.

Empire Strikes Back: Either Yoda revealing his true self to Luke in his hut, dispelling the silly hermit persona to show the latter who he's dealing with, or Luke entering the darkened carbonite chamber, with Vader silhouetted so awesomely at the top of the stairs.

Return of the Jedi: The plunge into the Death Star, and then the Falcon bursting out as it explodes. Always gets a grin on my face. That, or the spaceside Battle of Endor in its entirety.

17. Fatal_R_097

Fatal_R_097 Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2020
    ANH- Luke looking at the binary sunset
    ESB-
    The Battle of Hoth

ROTJ- Yodas last words

18. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Honestly, I could pick a thousand different ones and they'd all be joint first.

19. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    I'm not sure about TESB and ROTJ, but for ANH it's the gunport sequence. Back in 1977, that was the clip that everyone had on TV, and it's pretty much the perfect representation of the movie's style.

20. Jay Kenobi

Jay Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2020
    SW:
    The imperial war room scene

ESB:
    Luke v. Vader in the carbon chamber

ROTJ:
    Vader brings Luke before the Emperor

21. RaspyGeneral

RaspyGeneral Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2020
    One of my favorite scenes was Yoda training Luke on Dagobah. He said a lot of wise and memorable things.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  22. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Agreed.

RaspyGeneral likes this.
  23. Captain_Cosmos

Captain_Cosmos Jedi Master star 1

Jun 1, 2011
    ANH: The Falcon's first encounter with the Death Star
    ESB: Luke hanging from the underneath of Cloud City.
    I was scratching my head for a ROTJ scene because I haven't been a fan of the movie for years, but I'd say the scene when the Falcon enters the Death Star's reactor chamber. The music's beautiful at this point and gives the scene a kind of surreal quality.

I've yet to see Star Wars Revisited, but ESB Revisited has to be Adywan's revised Battle of Hoth, especially when the Snowtroopers start coming out of the walkers' sides! :eek: :cool:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  24. KaleeshFett

KaleeshFett Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 21, 2021
    A New Hope (aka Star Wars) -

The whole Cantina scene(s). A great introduction to the weird alien side of Star Wars, with a catchy cantina band to boot. Of the course the memorable intro to Han Solo helps make this my favorite ANH scene as well.

The Empire Strikes Back -

Luke's confrontation with a ghost of Darth Vader in the dark cave. This scene really sets up the future duel these two have later and how truly flawed Luke is as the hero.

Return of the Jedi -

Luke and Vader's conversation on the catwalk at Endor. I love how nuanced this whole scene is, especially the last shot of Vader staring, in clear conflict, into the dark Endor forest.

whostheBossk and Sarge like this.
  25. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    My favorite chunks:

SW: the Tatooine scenes
    TESB: the Hoth scenes
    ROTJ: the Tatooine scenes

Overall favorite chunk: the Tatooine scenes in the 1977 SW film

KaleeshFett and christophero30 like this.