main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics 2.0 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Nov 11, 2020.

1. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Pardon is an admission of guilt or wrong-doing though, right? I realize that none of them realize that, and they think its just a get out of jail card for the innocent .... but is it a real condition of getting a pardon that you have to basically automatically admit wrong-doing?

And it still doesn't save him from NY and VA.

And I wonder what his followers would think if he 'resigned', because he fears jail, and then got Pence to pardon him to save his ass. I'm sure they'd come up with some excuse, but getting a pardon kind of flies in the face of the best President...EVAHHHH!

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  2. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Trump will be your friend for five minutes if you tweet he is the greatest president ever or the best since Abraham Lincoln. Remember that Trump has proclaimed himself the best president for African Americans since Lincoln.

How damn insulting and patronizing can someone be? Presidents should not be comparing themselves to past presidents. It's a game of dumb and dumber until we find the dumbest.

@RandyRRQuaid
    · Nov 20
    "Never underestimate The greatest President this country has ever had. Trump is an astonishing man of the people, fighting for all of us, not Big Pharma! #AmericaFirst #KAG #TrumpPence2020 #StopTheSteaI2020 "

@realDonaldTrump
    "Thank you Randy, working hard to clean up the stench of the 2020 Election Hoax! "

New BFFs, Randy Quad and Donald Trump

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    Jedi Merkurian and Kiki Jinn like this.
  3. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i heard yesterday Trump thanked a fake account he thought was his sister.

4. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
  5. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    " Never let yourself be persuaded that any one Great Man, any one leader, is necessary to the salvation of America. When America consists of one leader and 158 million followers, it will no longer be America. "

Dwight D. Eisenhower

"If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power. "

Dwight D. Eisenhower

" Leadership consists of nothing but taking responsibility for everything that goes wrong and giving your subordinates credit for everything that goes well. "

Dwight D. Eisenhower

" Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron. "

Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Some day there is going to be a man sitting in my present chair who has not been raised in the military services and who will have little understanding of where slashes in their estimates can be made with little or no damage. If that should happen while we still have the state of tension that now exists in the world, I shudder to think of what could happen in this country. "

Dwight D. Eisenhower

6. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Don't forget everyone, an actual legal pardon can only be applied against someone convicted of a crime. Ford's 'pardon' of Nixon was nothing of the sort. Trump can't preemptively clear himself of federal investigations if the AG decides to pursue charges. (Technically, Ford couldn't stop his AG either, except by doing another Nixon-style 'massacre'.)

7. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    looks like Seth Rich's parents settled their lawsuit with Fox .
    i wonder if Fox figures into their budget all their payoffs they have to do because of their hosts.

8. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I believe the stock market is booming because they think Biden will be normal, and the market reacts to Trump's erratic behavior with uncertainty.

Yodaminch, Juliet316 and blackmyron like this.
  9. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    The President can pardon turkeys, but it would be a first if a Lame Duck attempted to pardon itself...

10. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Trump talked about the pandemic like OJ Simpson talked about Fred Goldman (father of victim Ron Goldman). Amidst that civil suit, which he lost, Simpson said, "Right now, I think he [Fred] is satisfied with the way things are..." as Fred Goldman and his daughter were suing him. Trump was like, "Right now, I think Americans are satisfied with the way things are," as people were losing jobs and dying of COVID-19 as they prepared to vote him out of office. The long lines of people seeking food go to show that we need welfare and workfare in this country.

11. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    If I were President, I'd end this stupid tradition. No turkeys would be spared.

12. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Yeah, they're so satisfied. That's why they voted you out.

Heard he added some new members to his admin today. Wonder if those guys realize their jobs end in Jan. Their health insurance probably won't even kick in before that.

13. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
  14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I saw Bernie tweeting about that earlier but wasn’t sure how far along in the process they were.

SateleNovelist11 and 3sm1r like this.
  15. bluealien1

bluealien1 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 14, 2015
    parler may have been hacked. i see it trending on tweeter along with parler leeks. don't know if it's real cause it's tweeter but it would be funny if true.

16. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    My concern is that another a hundred thousand people will pass away before January.

17. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    I am baffled by people who talk as if when January 1st rolls along things will get better, as if by the magic of the New Year.

18. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I am that Trump's approval rating never got down to 22% (the same as George W. Bush at the end of his presidency). But I understand why 40% of the country likes him. It's the nature of fascism. They do not question things.

I wasn't saying that things would be okay by January per se. But I was referring to the end of Trump's presidency. I am aware that disturbing this vaccine may take until 2022 to be successful.

Juliet316 likes this.
  19. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    they've had 10 more years of Fox, which became worse in 2009 when Obama came in and even worse when Trump got in.

Jedi Merkurian and Juliet316 like this.
  20. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    The Amazon workers do all the work and then Bernie tweets about it to get social capital for himself from among progressives.

vncredleader likes this.
  21. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Bernie has advocated for years in favor of workers in the biggest corporations, including Disney and Amazon.

22. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015

Trump supporters would consider Bernie a communist. But some of them would have voted for him over Biden. The problem is that some of them are drawn to authoritarians. It's all bull****. It's all bull****, folks, and it's bad for ya. However, some of them do want higher wages and a better life. Trump used to come off as the opposite of Hillary Clinton to them.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  23. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    But what has he actually done to help them? Wrote a bill here and there? He's a useful idiot for the moderate wing of the party. He says all the left sounding things while giving progressives cover to support Biden and co.

vncredleader likes this.
  24. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    @Lord Vivec
    Suppose you're Bernie Sanders. What would you have done differently ?

25. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    He supports the moderates when he loses because he believes it's the right thing to do. I don't think Democrats see him as a useful idiot, they see him as a threat who says things they don't want people to hear. A useful idiot spreads the propaganda. Bernie doesn't do much of that, he spreads ideas that most Democrats are threatened by.

You've become very bitter toward Bernie Sanders.