main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    There’s no need to choose between character-based storytelling and story. To me the most fascinating TV shows are those that do two things: great character exploration AND great exploration of interesting worlds. That’s what connects my fan interests across shows as different as the Wire (great characters and a fascinating look into the streets and politics of Baltimore) and the Mandalorian (great characters and a fascinating look into the post-Imperial world of the Outer Rim). Both elements are essential for holding my interest because I’m both interested in individual people, and social systems made up of people. Worlds, after all, are made up of lots of people, so I see the development/ exploration of those worlds (in this case, the Outer Rim during this unique period of history) as an evolving collective character.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder If Thrawn is mentioned in this epidoe if it is forshadowing sia appearance as a tease this season of next season kinda similar to Bba in season 1.

Master Cado Afu and TadoFett like this.
  3. Wilhuff's Slippers

Wilhuff's Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 12, 2019
    A live action Thrawn could be absolutely huge for not just the show but the overall franchise.
    I'm not a fan of the Dark Empire stuff, but it'd be great to be working to an eventual point where Thrawn's status in canon post Rebels/ROTJ is similar to of that in those novels.

Casting him will be very difficult, in my opinion.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    whostheBossk and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  4. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    How difficult could it be? Lars Mikkelsen is alive and kicking.

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Just have some proestic or CGI and you have Thrawn, i think he be mutch easier and cheaper to do then Ahsoka Tano.

RetropME and TadoFett like this.
  6. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    No need for any prosthetics or CGI, really. Some blue face paint and he’s in business.

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    My main concren is the cheekbones and the red eyes, I don't know if his rebels look loke like Lars and they need some proestic to look like that.

8. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Not really. Lars looks similar enough. Perhaps a bit of makeup to highlight the cheekbones or something, but otherwise it’ll be much better to just let Lars act with his own face. No reason for him to look exactly like a cartoon character.

9. Wilhuff's Slippers

Feb 12, 2019
    I must confess, I wasn't aware that I'd seen him in anything other than Star Wars Rebels, so I am/was unaware if he's got the experience or chops for live action!
    (turns out I saw him in Sherlock, House of Cards and The Killing, but it had completely passed me by that he was Thrawn...)

I was aware he was the brother of the chap in Rogue One, mind you...

Just found this fan edit on Google, not convinced personally, but I'm sure Disney have a few digital tricks up their sleeve.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Not exactly no, but close enough, maybe look like his live action book covers that has him look like captain america besides Anakin. I mean Thrawn probaly should like an alien human like he does as he not just ablue human.

11. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    [​IMG]

I saw someone mention Lars Mikkelsen so I did a quick test in Photoshop. I'm an amateur but it was just to test it out. If the beard is removed, hair line moved more to the front, and maybe made more gaunt in the cheeks, he could work perhaps?

Bor Mullet likes this.
  12. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    You beat me to it! lol

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think you need a little proestics or CGI to look like Thrawn, as i don't see him as Thrawn i just see Lars Mikkelsen.

14. Wilhuff's Slippers

Feb 12, 2019
    Every time a voice actor is cast into a live action role I think of Ashley Eckstein.

If this happens and Tiya Sicar plays a live action Sabine I wouldn't want to be in the Eckstein household...

15. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    For me, KRT's credibility has nose-dived over the last couple of months. Now, I pretty much discard of most of what they say. A pity, because for a while I really thought we had a new SW scooper in town who was just as good as He Who Shall Not Be Named. But alas, that isn't the case.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  16. Wilhuff's Slippers

Feb 12, 2019
    Jason Ward, his name is Jason Ward.

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think KRT is reliable they just speculate too mutch,

18. Wilhuff's Slippers

Feb 12, 2019
    I think they need to be a little more selective with what they chose to break to the public and what they chose to keep up their sleeve, at least twice I've seen them report something (that due to friends I have working in creative industry) I am aware is in development, but is a long way from as firm as they're making out.

Then they start to speculate off their own reporting (Rebels sequel series stuff is a good example of this) and it all becomes a bit messy.

There's no reason they couldn't produce content of the quality of Jason's, they're both young guys, plenty of time to refine their style!

19. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    [​IMG]
    I'd take a Smurf but if that does not work Matt Smith would be a good choice.

Wilhuff's Slippers likes this.
  20. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    My personal choice for Thrawn is Kyle Machlachlan

[​IMG]

21. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    I predict Moff Gideon won’t even appear on Corvus in next episode.I think Ahsoka will lead Mando to a Jedi Temple which he will explore next episode.Baby Yoda would have a force vision of some kinda and they would be attacked by the Empire.I could see Mando picking up a discarded lightsaber to battle the Darktroopers but Baby Yoda will he captured.Mando then spends the next time episode recruiting allows to rescue him and the final episode attack Gideons ship.

22. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    I recently read note of Jason Isaacs saying how much he would enjoy playing the Grand Inquisitor live. My first thought was "how hasn't this come to pass already!" since I think its such a great idea... and then I noticed how much the animation of the GI seems to be modeled after Isaacs himself. I'm sure one could think its obvious to see, but those kind of details usually elude me, haha. So now, seeing how good was Lars Mikkelsen´s performance in Rebels IMO, I could really see it work as a live action Thrawn, being a pretty good actor too for what I've seen.

About Ashley Eckstein, she did such a good job with the voice, I can understand the frustration of not keeping her around, but since they are cast as voice actors, surely its understandable that they won't always match the characters description in live action. I mean, David Oyelowo was great as Kallus too...

whostheBossk, Kole and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  23. Wilhuff's Slippers

Feb 12, 2019
    Matt Smith is a HELL of a shout, can’t see it happening after the episode 9 fiasco though...

Darth Smurf likes this.
  24. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    I feel like whatever's happening with Thrawn (and Ezra) is best suited to a Rebels follow-up, rather than basically being a footnote in Mando. That said, I'd be interested to see him interact with Gideon.

25. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    They are putting themselves out there.

And yeah, if it's true, it's fine by me. If not, it's fine by me too.

I'm fine either way.

Which is unlike The Force Awakens rumors. Because with those I was like, "Please don't be true, because if this is the movie then I'm not going to like it. And some people are going to lose their mind's about Rey if this is the movie."

And that's also why I stopped following rumors after The Force Awakens, because I was so bummed out from it and didn't really care what they did next, because I knew I would have to wait until the next trilogy for them to do something that I liked.

But yeah, with The Mandalorian: cool if it is, cool if it's not. Obi-Wan's still coming, so I'm good.

whostheBossk and The Chalk Jedi like this.