main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    I find the prospect of Tom Brady going into NY and ending his career by getting bounced by the 6-10 Giants wonderful.

It’s like poetry, it rhymes.

2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    You think Brady is retiring after this year?? He has always said he wants to play until he's 45.

3. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    [face_dancing]

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Washington and Dallas are playing on Thursday. Whoever wins could very well usurp the Eagles atop the East with just four wins.

Runjedirun and Rew like this.
  5. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Well they’ll definitely be in first for 3 days.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    hidden in a random generic espn article was a golden nugget about brady and his recent struggles - "His completion percentage is 58.3% against disguises -- 29th in the league and the lowest it's been since ESPN Stats & Information began tracking disguised coverages in 2016. From 2016 to 2019 in New England, Brady completed 69.1% of his passes against disguises.."

brady's reflexes are slowing with age as he declines physically - that's normal, and there will be more picks and bad reads. we saw it happen to peyton, who was the best of this era when it came to identifying coverages and making on-the-fly adjustments - defenses just feasted on him in denver for much of the time.

you'd hope that it could be helped with better preparation from leftwich (unless teams are running totally unique schemes designed only for tampa) - but he's a young and inexperienced coordinator, especially in comparison to mcdaniels.

7. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    His passer rating on long attempts is also 0.0 in the last couple weeks. Yikes.

heels1785 likes this.
  8. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Who would you put in? You can only choose five.
    [​IMG]

I'd choose Jared Allen, Torry Holt, Calvin Johnson, Peyton Manning, and Charles Woodson.

9. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Let me know when Brady has 30 for 30 seasons like Winston...30 TDs, but 30+ Ints in the same time.

After all, you can't spell Winston without INT.

10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    i'd replace holt with zach thomas (5th all-time career tackles leader), but the rest same as CT.

holt's still a hall-of-famer, just may take a weaker first-year class for him to get in.

11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I would drop Jared Allen and put in Reggie Wayne.

vin likes this.
  12. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Steelers-Ravens game got pushed back to Sunday in a TBD time slot. I wish they just cancelled it outright as the Ravens are just exploding with cases right now. It does suck though because that was the only decent game on Thursday. The other games are an absolute hot mess though ironically the Washington-Dallas game is a "big game" since whoever wins will be the first team in that division to get 4 wins. That is by far the worst division in history and biggest proof yet that divisional winners should not get a automatic playoff birth but instead only have divisions in terms of alignment. Watch whoever wins it go on a giant playoff run since well 2020 LOL!

13. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Steelers get screwed by COVID again! LOL.

14. SteelLepp

SteelLepp Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 1, 1998
    The second time the Steelers' game had to be moved this season. On one hand, the Steelers have managed to keep their positives this season, to A) the preseason and B) to ONE player during the season and managed to play and win their game after their QB didn't practice (except a walkthrough) all week (and yes that was to the craptastic Bengals) and if this helps keep it from spreading to them, alright. But on the other hand, it gives the admittedly beat up Ravens team, extra time to take care of that. The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if this was just a Harbaugh (blech, pooey) ploy so they wouldn't face the Steelers at "not their best."

15. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Larry Fitzgerald has tested positive for COVID. It’s concerning, at his age.

16. mnjedi

Nov 4, 2012
    That was a cool trick play out of Detroit, fake reverse into the flea flicker. Hockenson was wide open.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  17. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Great trick play by Bevell. Hockenson sold it well by blocking and ended up about as wide open as you can get.

Been missing those this year, Bevell hasn’t been calling them (we got a lot of big plays off hem early last year). We had a flea flicker last week that went for a fifty yard touchdown, but was called back due to a stupid illegal formation penalty. Receiver was up on the line when he shouldn’t have been.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    mnjedi likes this.
  18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    wild start to this game. good for jj.

19. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Ah sith the Ravens game is canceled? Was only game I cared about today.

2 TDs in less then 2 minutes. Texans got some confidence boosting going.

20. mnjedi

Nov 4, 2012
    Unfortunate sequence of events there. Back to back turnovers and 14 point.

21. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Bud light needs to ditch that commercial. It’s still creepy AF

22. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Thanksgiving. When we are forced to watch the awful Lions. [face_laugh]
    (I'm an awful Bengal fan btw)

jcgoble3 and JEDI-SOLO like this.
  23. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Oh I’m so gonna lol if this is indeed another fumble.

LOLZ

now Lions recover. Omg lol

christophero30 likes this.
  24. mnjedi

Nov 4, 2012
    I think that’s a catch.

heels1785 likes this.
  25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    what a throw from stafford, facing down that rush

also free deshaun. idc about his new deal