main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Din Grogu [Baby Yoda] (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Huh? Who said the Child was in the Imperial’s possession before the events of this show? Within the show, Mando was hired to find the Child because...the Imperials couldn’t find him. That’s explained with sparkling crystal clarity in season 1.

As for the raiders that were keeping him in their compound? We have no idea who those guys were and why they had the Child.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    DurararaFTW likes this.
  2. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    What's this about an egg controversy?

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Accord ing to some rumors we might find out more about the child soon.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  4. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014
  5. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    One of the wilder fan theories I've seen about Baby Yoda is that he is literally Baby Yoda. The theory posits that Ahsoka will use the "world between worlds" to thrust him 850 years into the past, for some reason. Which since Yoda himself was instrumental in sending Ahsoka to be Anakin's padawan, would set up a John Connor - Kyle Reese style paradoxical loop.

I don't expect anything like that myself, but it's an interesting idea.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    Knightstalker137 and Devizz like this.
  6. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014
    That is an interesting thought but yeah, honestly no way that happens. XD

7. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    See to me it was not so crystal clear he wasn’t in Imperial possession before.(What line of dialogue made that so clear to you?). In fact, Dr. Pershing’s dialogue hints at an unwillingness to harm the child that may be fueled by a previous interaction before the bounty mission.

8. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    You asked why Mando was hired to retrieve Baby Yoda in the first place, implying that the Imperials already seemed to have him in their possession. But that was clearly not the case. He was hired because the Imperials didn’t know where Baby Yoda was. So they needed a bounty hunter to find him. And it turns out he was in a bunker guarded by a bunch of Nikto, who were obviously not Imperials. As for whether or not the Imperials had Baby Yoda in their possession prior to him being in the Nikto compound? I suppose that’s possible. But nothing in the show so far implies that.

So I’m a little confused about what you’re confused about.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  9. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Just to play devil's advocate for a moment - it could be possible that the Empire did have the Child before they lost the war on Endor, and after they lost and their regime collapsed, a lot of their various installations, experiments, etc. were ransacked by various pirate factions, raided by scavengers, etc. with all of their contents lost. Gideon could have caught wind of one of these "lost" Imperial test subjects after he cobbled together his Remnant and set out to "reclaim" it to reclaim the Child and dust off some old, unfinished Imperial-era experiments - thus leading into the pilot episode.

Obviously this isn't confirmed or guaranteed but I do think that there is room for the Child to have been Imperial "property" in the past, should Favreau/Filoni choose to go that direction.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    cwustudent and MrDarth0 like this.
  10. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    Yep.
    One theme comom to Rebels and the Fallen Order game was the Empire search for young children with Force abilities.
    The whole point of FO was to avoid the empire to get the holocron with the children's localization. And in Rebels Season 02 Episode 09 Ahsoka fought Inquisitors that were kidnaping Force Sensitive children.

So it makes all sense that a some point the Empire had his hands on BY.

11. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Also worth noting, the Rebels episode that dealt with the Empire trying to get their hands on a couple Force sensitive babies was a big one for Ahsoka. I'm pretty sure it was the same episode where she dueled the two Inquisitors.

I still haven't played Fallen Order. I have the game installed on my PC, but I keep hearing that it plays better when a controller than mouse and keyboard, and I don't yet have a controller, so I've been putting it off. I ought to change that soon...

nilzo antonio likes this.
  12. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    What makes it clearly not the case? All we know was the child was not currently in their possession. The fact that they knew quite a bit about him, extracted samples from him for experiments, and the fact that Pershing seems to have some form of relationship with him makes me think they had him previously. I may be wrong which is why I asked what evidence made it so clear to you

13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    They extracted samples from Baby Yoda in season 1, episode 3, did they not? I don’t remember an implication that the Imperials had extracted samples from him before then. Though perhaps I am not remembering something?

The Senate likes this.
  14. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    You can play it using mouse and keyboard easy enough.

15. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    He has a name!
    Grogu!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I like it, but still prefer Baby Yoda.

17. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
  18. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    He won the Youngling Hunger Games!

Who do we think saved him during Order 66? Palpatine? Jocasta Nu? Dying Mace? Hmmm. It has to be between when Palpatine sends Anakin-Vader out of the office and Anakin with Troopers marching up the steps.

I don't want Mace to be alive, but he's the only one who'd be able to have a head start. Maybe it had to be Grogu as an attempt by Mace to remotely warn and save Yoda on Kashyyk like maybe that species has some extra built-in special dyad-like force projection bond. Could bring new context to Yoda's thinking before he beheads those Clone Troopers. Mace can still die, but it could be his last dying act.

19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Jocasta Nu is a good candidate. It’s also possible it’ll be a new character. Dark horse contender: one of the Inquisitors before they were turned.

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Change the title to Grogu.

21. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Probably waiting for more people to watch the episode first since it's a spoiler.

22. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Not everyone wants every spoiler out there immediately. Let people have a chance to watch the episode.

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Although... if I changed the name of the thread to Grogu immediately, a lot people wouldn't even know what the thread was until they see the episode. :p

Force Smuggler likes this.
  24. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Maybe Grogu survived Anakin's attack on the younglings because he had a bag of sand.

25. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    tenor (1).gif