main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 28, 2019.

1. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    he doesn’t bring up Darth Vader/Anakin being in all of Lucas’ films because Anakin is a dude. Period. I’m telling you the only legitimate reason for his heavy disdain for the character is her sex. Ahsoka is not only popular, she’s just a great character period. And she deserves MORE screen time, not Vice versa.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think that might be it for some but for others it’s just more lingering disdain from the early seasons of TCW. It took me a long time for me to go from not liking her to not caring to liking her. But in this case it’s likely due to the sexism. Also one could just as easily make the same argument for Rex. Just like Ahsoka, Rex has been in everything Dave Filoni has been majorly involved in. The Mandalorian might end that record.

3. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Mod Edit: Nope

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2020
    Ricardo Funes likes this.
  4. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    Anyone reckon we will see any ESB bounty hunters (IG-88, Zuckuss, 4-lom, Bossk, Dengar) show up this season? I remember reading something about some of them showing up in season 2.

whostheBossk and TadoFett like this.
  5. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Just saw what appeared to be 4-LOM in some concept art in a preview of the "Art of Mando" book. Seems like the original plan for the first episode was to have the child being guarded by droids, as there are multiple IG units and one 4-LOM "unit", if not 4-LOM himself, scattered on the floor when Din meets the child. Just kind of interesting and it makes it seem like some development work was done on 4-LOM at least.

6. Wilhuff's Slippers

Wilhuff's Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 12, 2019
    Mod Edit: There is an ignore feature but let's not make it personal.

7. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Sasha Banks not returning in this season is a bit disappointing. I hope we see Bo Katan again. It would be a big upset if they used these characters just for a single episode cameo

8. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Nobody said YOU were being sexist for not being a fan of Ahsoka. They were talking about John Campea, who doesn’t have your record of issues with both male and female recurring characters. So no need to be defensive about it, as it wasn’t directed at you. Cheer up! The Mandalorian is great! :)
    I think we might see Bo Katan again. Just not Sasha Banks’ character. Which I don’t mind, as her acting seemed abysmal.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  9. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    George Lucas created Star Wars and created it as a world that Darth Vader is an important part of. There was no version of Star Wars without Darth Vader that we as fans were previously exposed too. It's a false comparison to compare Vader's presence in Star Wars to Ahsoka. People did have an idea of what the Star Wars universe looked like before Ahsoka's presence changed it, thus some fans experience dissonance with this character.

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  10. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    There is the ignore function I believe...

11. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    You must have watched an extended episode...

12. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    You disagree...?

13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    So I looked into it, and Katy M. O’Brien, the Imperial remnant comms officer from the last episode, had almost the same exact amount of speaking lines, and about half the screen time as Banks (compared against Banks’ time on screen without a helmet). And yet, it was crystal clear that O’Brien was an excellent actor, and Banks wasn’t. Bad acting, when it’s very bad, is very noticeable. Even when there’s not a lot of it.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  14. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Yes, she had just a few lines and even after watching the episode a third time I cannot find a single scene where I feel annoyed by her "bad" acting.

15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    To each their own.

dick rodgers likes this.
  16. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    This might be my most anticipated episode so far. More so than both the season 1 and 2 premiers and last years finale. I cannot wait to see what plays out especially given we are going in almost completely blind with no trailer footage to go off. Can not wait!

Grey Matter, TadoFett and Bor Mullet like this.
  17. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    @Avnar

Knock. It. Off.

This is in no way appropriate. Stop trying to bait other users. Focus on the topic of this thread. If you continue you're behavior you will be taking a vacation from the boards.

18. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I like Ahsoka...and I have never liked the whole "When gone am I...the last of the Jedi will you be...." defining that Luke is the one and only Jedi in existence. It limits the universe. I am not saying there should have been hundreds of Jedi in hiding out there....but there should have been a few like in the old EU.

And maybe it comes down to semantics. Kanan was knighted in the series so he is a Jedi...but Ezra never was and Ahsoka says "I am no Jedi"....but to me...if Kanan had to die and Ezra gotten rid of then Ahsoka had to go too.

19. Wilhuff's Slippers

Feb 12, 2019
    Yep, I know what you mean. In my head canon I put it down to the fact that even Yoda is fallible, he's deeply entrenched in the dogma that surrounded the Jedi. What it means to be a Jedi is probably just as subjective as we're learning it is to be Mandalorian...

It's very possible that at the point in time Yoda made that statement there were several force sensitive beings out there in the galaxy that considered themselves Jedi that maybe didn't fit the rhetoric and values that Yoda felt the Jedi held.

It's also possible there were several force sensitive beings out there in the galaxy that didn't consider themselves Jedi that did fit the rhetoric and values that Yoda felt the Jedi held, but were not considered Jedi as they were "too old" "hadn't done the trials" etc, etc.

It makes me consider Yoda's reflection in TLJ, it's essentially a direct comment on his/the Jedi's hubris, rigidity and lack of humility - "the greatest teacher, failure is"

I liked the exploration of the Zeffo in fallen order as I felt they were touching on potentially broadening out what it means to be a Jedi, they threatened to do this in Rogue One too with the inclusion of the Guardians of the Whills.
    I hope both are picked back up in stories eventually...

I wonder if the some of the High Republic content will also make us ask similar questions about what it means to be a Jedi?

whostheBossk and TadoFett like this.
  20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    This is the way... to expand force canon. No need to be shackled by the original Jedi stuff. Rogue One opened the door for all kinds of fascinating layers of force religion. Make it like the real world, with lots of different religious institutions and orders revolving around a generally shared belief in an all-encompassing force. And then throw in other religious beliefs too, that have little to do with the force. Or even deny its existence. Lots of potential.

21. Wilhuff's Slippers

Feb 12, 2019
    Also just remembered the Ordu Aspectu in one of the Doctor Aphra graphic novels, most good.
    I think with those examples given it's fair to assume that this is the direction LFL are heading in, it makes sense if at any point they intend to make major motion pictures beyond "the Skywalker saga" that involve the force/jedi/sith/variants or evolutions there of.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  22. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Yeah the man who went on a 5 minute long childish tantrum over why he wasn't the one who got to go the Galaxy's Edge and would refuse to cover any of the other material made by other collider members off the the park is a good dude [face_laugh] He's the definition of entitled, he already had a planet named after him in a book but that wasn't enough for him. I can't stand Harloff, but some of his quotes are amusing tho.

"I've been bustin' my *******' *** as a Star Wars fan for five *******' years on this show"

He said in a interview that he would write and direct one episode this season, then it got revealed that he wrote Episode 5.

23. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    And you're pretty much on your own :p . You just need to watch it a dozen more times, you'll come around eventually.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  24. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Oops, wrong thread

Alien Vanguard likes this.
  25. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    Just think, we are going into completely unknown territory for next episode, visually speaking. I scoured both trailers again just to be sure I didn't miss anything but couldn't really find anything. One thing I'm wondering about is the snippet here starting at 00:18:

Notice the prongs from his rifle there. I can't recall him having it on when landing on Navarro although it's cut to look that way. He used it in the first episode but couldn't find a scene like that there either. So, could this mean yet another barren planet or perhaps a later chapter revisiting Tattooine or Navarro?

whostheBossk likes this.