main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Ahsoka Ahsoka in The Mandalorian & Spinoffs (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by TheCloneWarsForever, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    only 36 more hours for me here to watch it.

2. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    You need to upload it to the internet first. Somewhere like imgur which is free and doesn't even require registration.

whostheBossk likes this.
  3. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    [​IMG]

Well, obviously I cant figure it out, and I cant delete a pointless post either.

Mod EDIT: Fixed formatting

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2020
    whostheBossk likes this.
  4. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Step 1: click the 'Image' option to the right of the smiley face.
    Step 2: Insert the hyperlink of the image. Nothing else, just the hyperlink.
    You should then see it in your post already or you can do a preview to see if it's going to show.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I fixed your image @BadAcrobat. Seems like you just had some extraneous code in there.

Also keep information like that behind tags until the episode airs.

6. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    I screenshotted the wookieepedia page of Ahsoka Tano for posterity. I figure this is the last 24 hours the pic on the right will depict an animated version of her. With characters who have transitioned from animation to live action previously (such as Saw Gerrera and more recently Bo-Katan) once they show up in live action, a screenshot of them from the live action appearance immediately becomes the default placeholder pic on their wook page.

[​IMG]

Bor Mullet and IG_2000 like this.
  7. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Awesome Sir thank you. And noted and apologies about not tagging it Spoiler.

Great image though eh? Wonder if its official - popped up on my FB this morning.

8. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    It looks like it could be official or not. A reverse image search isn't throwing up any hits though, so I lean towards non-official.

9. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Yes it would be a shame if they do that for Ahsoka's main picture. For me Ahsoka is the animated character. I know Ahsoka in live action will look like a cosplayer to me.

10. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I say we give it the benefit of the doubt. Yes we've seen some janky cosplay pics of her but this is an actual show with a costume department. A darn good one at that. And we have Rosario Dawson who is all the beauty of Ahsoka. The head gear is the wild card, it would be difficult to fight with that on. We shall see how it's done. Stay optimistic. I look forward to an awesome episode that delves deeper into what has been going on with the Force since ROTJ. If the rumored Thrawn is true, I would love that, just leave out Ezra I think. Sabine is a must as I look forward to seeing her in live action.

11. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I think it would be a missed opportunity to not include both Sabine and Fenn Rau. For Sabine they'd need to cast and keep it under wraps, but Rau is Kevin McKidd so if news ever comes down he's going to make an appearance, we'll know. And to miss out on Kevin McKidd playing a live action Mandalorian would be tragic.

Bor Mullet and Grey Matter like this.
  12. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    That, and her voice isn't far from what Ashley Eckstein did for Rebels.

If they did the first part, they've done a really good job with the second part. :)

13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Wookieepedia always uses the character’s most recent appearance as the profile pic. See: Luke, Leia, Han, Palpatine, Lando, etc. So yes Ahsoka’s profile pic will be from The Mandalorian.

Grey Matter and Bor Mullet like this.
  14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I love it if Ahsoka is refferenced as the white wizard.:ahsoka:

Bor Mullet likes this.
  15. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    But live action appearance seems to take presidence over animation even if the animated one is a larger part and more recent (See Aayla Secura). This is fine when the character is firstly a live action character or gains greater recognition as a live action character (Saw Gerrera), or voiced by the same person (Bo-Katan). But Ahsoka is so well recognised as the animated character (Her TCW appearance primarily) voiced by Ashley Eckstein that it will take a long time for the live action version with a different voice to be how most people recognise Ahsoka. And a small cameo won't do it.

A random example: Picture Fred Flintstone in your mind. Now are you thinking of the cartoon character? Or are you picturing in your mind John Goodman? I'm pretty certain it was the former.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    When I said most recent appearance I meant timeline-wise. ROTS is as far as Aayla Secura goes in the timeline as she’s killed in the film so it makes sense that her live action appearance is the one that appears as the profile pic.

17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Actually, for the most part the wook will prioritize live action images over animated or illustrated ones. Look at any movie character killed off in an animated show or comic (Even Piell, Tarpals, Dodonna)- it'll still have a live action image for the main pic.

18. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Ah okay. How about Kyle Katarn then (Has the live action actor picture even though there are 3D models and official artworks of him later in the timeline), or are you talking about Disney only? Again I think that example is fair though as I picture Jason Court's Kyle when I think of that character. Sorry for going a bit off topic btw.

19. Awushi Awere

Awushi Awere Jedi Knight star 2

May 11, 2020
    Is she going to use her saber(s) in the episode?

I'm not sure. I mean.....I don't think she ends up as Luke 2.0....but I think all this is going to feel shorter than some might expect.

20. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    I would be very ok if she never drew her sword on an enemy; given her evolution as a character, I kind of expect her to go the way of Yoda and Luke and see no need to use weapons in that regard anymore. She is, after all, another rendition of a "pure" Jedi that has, at this point, moved on and "unlearned" the doctrines of the Jedi Order of old that had held the Jedi back for so long.

That being said, I am going to assume that she does still have the white sabers on her, and she will likely be coerced into drawing her swords again once Gideon draws the Darksaber (assuming, of course, that he does indeed follow the tracking beacon in the Razor Crest to Corvus in tomorrow's episode).

I just hope that we do get to see her at least holding her Gandalf staff when we meet her.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

Little tribute to her and her story, before we see her in live action. Tihs little video just makes me inner fanboy shiver of her returning to the silver screen. I wonder if days or weeks after this episode they might announce more projects with Ahsoka Tano.

whostheBossk likes this.
  22. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Our last day of Ahsoka being an animated character......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

23. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    dread it. Run from it. Live action Ahsoka still arrives.

Grey Matter and Kole like this.
  24. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    "This is a new day, a new beginning."

Master Cado Afu likes this.
  25. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Fixed quote. The animated Ahsoka will always be the first Ahsoka, and just like Alec Guinness' Obi-wan, will always exist.

whostheBossk likes this.