main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last tv episode you watched?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Long Way Up. Series finale. My least favourite out of the three produced so far. I felt it was rushed and didn't get to explore the countries as much as the first two.

2. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I recently watched all of Downton Abbey and was surprised how good it was.

Arwen Sith, B3 and CT-867-5309 like this.
  3. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    How to Sell Drugs Online (Fast!) s1e6
    The last episode of season 1 is the most entertaining of the six - one moment of unexpected violence had me bursting out laughing.

4. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    The Great Greek Myths on Amazon Prime.

How rapey was Zeus?

5. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    The first three episodes of The Mandalorian season 2. Absolutely incredible. It’s already blowing the amazing first season away.

6. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    The Robbery - Seinfeld

7. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Doom Patrol S2 . I really like the characters in this show , if I were to join a band of misfits they'd be my choice,

Blue Ice Cream likes this.
  8. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Agatha Christie’s Great Detectives Poirot & Marple: Kieta Ryorinin (Zenpen) Goin na Irai (2005) – Masakazu Amiya, Naohito Takahashi

The series adapts The Adventure of the Clapham Cook as a two parter. It’s the story of a wealthy woman who is befuddled when her excellent cook just up and vanishes one night. So Poirot’s on the case because, you know, a good cook is nothing to be sneezed at. This isn’t the most intricate mystery Christie ever came up with or anything, but this is a good adaptation. It takes the character of the wealthy woman from the short story and really amps her up into this hyperactive, super-aggressive character and goes for pure comedy like the series hasn’t in quite a while. For the first time in a while, you can really feel the anime tropes in this episode because of that character and so this episode has the most energy of anything in the series so far I’d say and the most personality of anything in quite a while. You may already kind of have this one figured out before part one is even over, but you’ll still be having fun. 3 ½ stars.

tl;dr – a more comedic tone, a really great and quirky supporting character and high energy elevate this rather middling story into a really fun episode. 3 ½ stars.

christophero30 likes this.
  9. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    The Wizard - Seinfeld

10. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    I picked up Inspector Lewis, a British crime drama, season one for a dollar used. I recently saw the pilot and really enjoyed it.

Arwen Sith likes this.
  11. Charmbracelet

Charmbracelet Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 24, 2020
    Tartaros Chapter: Air - Fairy Tail

As a show, Fairy Tail surprised me. While I have seen a couple of shounen shows beforehand (primarily Naruto and Dragon Ball/Z/Super), and enjoyed them, this show seemed like it would go down the route of useless side characters and ineffective female characters like Naruto (Boruto's anime thankfully avoids those concerns) and Dragon Ball, but it doesn't. Not only are the side characters given fights, arcs, and screen time, the female characters are allowed to fight people and not have to rely on guys coming to save them. Sure, there are times when they need saving, but there are also times when they get to save the guys, too. No one feels like a burden on anyone. The most "helpless" character, Lucy, has grown from being afraid and hiding behind her summons to taking more direct action--- and even then she utilizes her summons in creative ways depending on the situation. Speaking of Lucy, she reads more as the protagonist of the story than Natsu does. She takes up a lot of screentime, has significant impact on nearly all of the arcs, narrates, experiences tragedies, and grows from them. Only she and Wendy develop, which has been great to see-- though Wendy's is weird because the show is acting like she has never been brave when there are many instances of her pulling through for her friends; she's just not as combat-ish as Ezra, but Erza is in a league of her own. Similar statements could be made about Lucy, too. Either way, I enjoy all three characters and count them as favorites.

My biggest gripe is the fanservice. Sometimes I don't mind it, but when it's a serious scene and Lucy's or Erza's boobs are bouncing across the frame, it gets a tad ridiculous.

12. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    The Siege - The Mandalorian

(My fourth viewing.) :D

13. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    This is the way!

14. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Sharp Objects s1 e8 "Milk"
    Maybe the best drama I've seen this year. Outstanding performances and direction.

15. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    The Third Day .

six-parter with Jude Law .
    it's rather like The Wicker Man . Law ends up on this island (looks like somewhere in Norfolk, very flat stunning scenery) and all the locals are weird or sinister . I liked it but it didn't need to be 6 hours.

16. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Race to Dakar with Charley Boorman

solojones likes this.
  17. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Agatha Christie’s Great Detectives Poirot & Marple: Kieta Ryorinin (Kohen) Toranku no Himitsu (2005) – Masahiko Watanabe, Naohito Takahashi

The show wraps up its adaptation of the Adventure of the Clapham Cook with an episode that features less of the wealthy woman who started the whole adventure, so it’s less fun and energetic just because of that. Still, it’s fine, but not as good as part one. 2 ½ stars.

tl;dr – part two can’t live up to the gonzo energy of part one, but it’s okay. 2 ½ stars.

18. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Lots of episodes of this show called Family Ties on Pluto tv. It's a nice show and the cast is great, including Michael J. Fox who plays an intelligent, pompous, Republican who has a kind and sensitive side. His parents were liberals in the 1960s and they have lots of humorous disagreements. The two younger sisters are cool too. Mallory is a sweet material girl and Jennifer is a perceptive tomboy. The whole cast are all quite funny on the show including the side characters.

Geena Davis guest starred as their inept housekeeper in two quite funny episodes.

Overall this is a really pleasant show that makes some really excellent points about family, friendship and being kind to one another.

19. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Animaniacs (2020 TV revival series) - Episodes 1-3

So impressively clever! The cold open of Episode 1, "Jurassic Lark", is priceless.

20. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    So it was Apostle, the Netflix film?

soitscometothis likes this.
  21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Batman: Mad Love. So good I watched it twice, even putting off new Mando episode (which watching now)

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  22. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Mary Tyler Moore Show season 4. The one where Mary and Rhoda have a feud. What a great cast that show had. @Dagobahsystem my family and I grew up watching Family Ties it's great. It was a part of NBC's killer Thursday night line up. Cosby and Cheers as well.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    Juliet316 and Dagobahsystem like this.
  23. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    The Mandalorian - Season 2 / Episode 5 [face_hypnotized]

I'm... speechless.

24. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Brilliant! Yes, it is. I was watching it again last evening. I think it might be my fave 80's sitcom. Seinfeld is my fave 90's sitcom. I don't know about any other decades yet.

Edit: @Blue Ice Cream
    Was the new Mando ep good?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    Juliet316 and christophero30 like this.
  25. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    In a good way or a bad way? I think it rocked, it's the best episode of the season so far in my book.