main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Speculation Does anyone think due to Ahsoka's popularity, they might make a film about her?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Eli Vanto, Apr 16, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Oh I don’t agree with no movies. I MUCH prefer movies over TV, I just don’t think a single character should get their own movie now that we have Disney+. Save the theater for the big blockbuster stuff.

2. antitoxicgamer

antitoxicgamer Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 9, 2020
    There is a chance they do that.

But I'm not sure if that movie becomes successful.

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    A movie with Ahsoka Tano with Anakin and Obi Wan. come one.

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  5. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I don't know after seeing the latest episode of Mando. I think it posed a lot of questions that a movie would do the character justice and I'd be okay with that.

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  6. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    They did a great job with her in Mando, and I wouldn't be surprised if they did a TV show featuring her.

But a movie? That is more unlikely than ever. SW movies will be few and far between for a while. They will have some serious galaxy building to do, and a challenge to make a new movie saga for SW that is bigger and better than the ST. Seriously doubt Ahsoka will be a part of that.

I would favor the Ahsoka movie if they went to 2 SW movies a year, but they aren't doing that anytime soon, so they'll need to make each movie count.

7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    While I agree, I don’t think it’d be particularly challenging to make a new movie saga that’s better than the ST...

8. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Challenging to create a whole new story that works and is universally (or at least broadly) liked like Mando- unlike the ST, which was liked by some but not others.

I don't know that I would minimize what it would take to produce 2 huge commercial and critical successes like 7 & 8 in the next grouping of movies, even if 9 sunk the series into a bit of mediocrity. Hopefully, the next trilogy will be more consistent artistically.

9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yes. Adapt the Thrawn campaign with a few tweaks to the story. The Ghost crew replaces the OT trio in the story.

Thrawn has returned to the galaxy and the New Republic is losing battle after battle against him. Ezra Bridger has joined Thrawn because he has seen the threat the First Order poses first hand in the Unknown Regions and believes the New Republic stands no chance against them (kinda like Darth Revan). He struggles with the dark side as he comes into conflict with his old friends led by Ahsoka Tano. Ahsoka now has the chance to save someone she cares about from falling to the dark side the way she couldn’t save Anakin thus giving her some closure.

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    The Heir to the Empire on disney plus.

11. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Or even better... in theaters.

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    nah i think they go for far past or future in the movies and not in the skywalker timeline, that's where disney plus can go and exlpore every era off it.

13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Or even better, on Disney Plus.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
    Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  14. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I love Disney+ but for me Star Wars will always be better on the big screen. So while I certainly won’t complain about an Ahsoka Disney+ series (and I freely admit it’s the most likely scenario at the moment) I would be immeasurably happy to see Ahsoka in her own film or even trilogy.

PrincessKenobi and Darth Buzz like this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I used to feel that way. Until the Mandalorian came along and was of such an obvious higher quality than the new saga. For me, unfathomably so. I think it’s due to Star Wars, at this stage of its development (which is a massive world already well-populated with stories), being better served by longer-form storytelling that allows us to time and luxury to more fully explore the GFFA. It just feels like the better medium for Star Wars in its current state.

Twain, Lee_ and Fredrik Vallestrand like this.
  16. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    We still haven't ruled out for sure that Leslye Headland's Disney Plus series is about Ahsoka, right?

That would make sense in a lot of ways, a female lead character getting early promotion by being in Mando.

Some of the things they were saying didn't sound like it could be Ahsoka as far as timelines and such, but who knows. It could all be "from a certain point of view."

17. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I don't think the quality of The Mandalorian is tied to the medium at all - that of a series or Disney +.

Skill is skill and knowledge travels

18. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Star Wars is meant for the big screen. My excitement/hype for the theater experience every couple years is 10x greater than it is turning on my TV to check out a new 35 min episode of a show every week. Especially when the show is very repetitive with its plot. With movies im there on opening night and first in line. With the Disney+ shows, I just check them out usually sometime the next day, but its not urgent.

The Mando follows the same generic storyline each week, with a big climax in the final episodes. It appears successful, but thats not something that gets me super excited.

19. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    It’s tied to my enjoyment of it which is what we were discussing. I simply enjoy the theater experience more than TV.

Darth Buzz likes this.
  20. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    Ehhhh. Very risky. Whos being cast as Anakin? If its not Hayden then I'll hate it right away. And, I dunno.... just not sure about it.

Go way in the past. There is a wealth of story material there with old Sith/Jedi stuff and the film makers wont be tied to any exsisting canon or other things that get peoples undies all bunched up. Ive had moe than enough of the Skywalker-style storylines. Whats left to do? Another first order? Another jedi academy with a student that goes bad? Another family reveal? My goodness. Make it stop. Its way played out.

The past, as in the very long time ago past is where they should concentrate.

21. Twain

Twain Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2014
    If I could magically make anything happen, it would be a full-length CGI film Shadows of the Empire on D+

For the big screen, they should start a new trilogy in a different era of galactic history that's disconnected from the Skywalker saga.

Lee_ likes this.
  22. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    TV and movies are somewhat of an apples and oranges comparison. The movie is a bonanza, where huge amounts of money is spent for the big thrill, 2-hour experience; you get high quality entertainment, but it's over with at the end of 2 hours.

While in TV shows, the money spent extends the story (and therefore your continued enjoyment in watching it) for a longer period of time, even though nothing will be as high-quality production-wise as the 2 hours in a movie.

I like the slow burn of TV, where you get SW to look forward to regularly through the year, rather than 2 hours every few years. It's made fandom much better, and it just started.

Obviously the individual experience of movie theaters cannot be replicated at home, but I actually think the streaming format challenges for being the best format for Star Wars overall. Love em both, but I think this is a rare case where the new matches the classic..

23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    The problem I have with Star Wars films right now is that there seems to be this unrelenting pressure to check all four quadrants in order to make as much money as possible to justify the investment. And this means dumbing down in a way that TV doesn’t have to entertain. We just can’t get a Blade Runner: 2049-esque experiment from an auteur director, for example, on film. Unless Dune makes an insane amount of money, that is. Then perhaps this tendency will change. On the other hand, TV offers the opportunity to tell all kinds of unique stories and in unique ways, while also marinating in the world-building and scratching fan itches across the board. It’s a lot better-suited as a medium for where Star Wars is at the moment, IMO. And I’d like to see the theater experience reserved for big films that bring together different elements of the TV shows. Either that, or take a financial risk and launch really ambitious films for the theaters that can help define future Star Wars. I just don’t want another film series with young actors spouting off cliched Star Warsy lines in thin facsimiles of Star Warsy situations and places. It’s time for this franchise to really lean into its strengths as a setting, as the Mandalorian is doing. So with films, I think either go big, go tied-to-TV in a significant way, or let us go home and watch.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    Lee_ likes this.
  24. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Not a character that interests me. I hope the next film is a big fresh experience that’s not dependent on existing material.

25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    She's getting her own shows in both animation and live action.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.