main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The First (Only?) SWC Triple Threat Mini Draft

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DarthIntegral, Nov 25, 2020.

1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Welcome to the first (only?) TRIPLE THREAT MINI STAR WARS DRAFT

If you've never played a draft game before, but you're reading this ... just sign up first and learn later. It's pretty simple. Here's a link to the most recent of each draft type, and they each contain links to historical drafts:

Jedi Draft
    Starfighter Draft
    Muggle Draft

This draft is a little different. Because we're doing all three.

So let's explain the participants, then the process, then get to the game:

Participants

1) The GMs. That's possibly you. You sign up. You draft, three times. You send in numbers (explained below). You argue. You win, you lose, you laugh, and you probably don't get all the references. There are a total of four (4) of these slots available.
    2) The Judges. That's also possibly you, but probably not. Please, have played at least two drafts before signing up to judge. You then know what you do. You decide winners and losers, you ask for arguments. You laugh at @heels1786 There are a total of two (2) of these slots - and they are being filled by @Point Given and @KenKenobi
    3) The Commish. That's me. I keep the game running. I update draft boards. I collect numbers and post matches. I judge if there's a tie.

The Process

First we draft for the Jedi Draft

I randomize the order, and we draft snake-style for four rounds.

Round 1:

Elmo
    Cookie Monster
    Bert
    Ernie

Round 2:

Ernie
    Bert
    Cookie Monster
    Elmo

Round 3:

Elmo
    Cookie Monster
    Bert
    Ernie

Round 4:

Ernie
    Bert
    Cookie Monster
    Elmo

Then we're done drafting ... for now.

Then I post matches. We'll do a round robin, so you'll play every GM once.

Now, you send in your numbers. You choose an order 1-4 for each character and send it to me. You can use these two optional strategies:

Trumping - you send to characters on the same number (twice). First time they are called, both fight. But, the second time, you forfeit and automatically lose that battle.
    Prep - your character has 24 hours to prepare for the opponent. They get a small file detailing fight styles, strengths and weaknesses, and their "go to" order at Dex's Diner. By default, They also have access to bring up to two additional weapons and/or Armor and/or power-ups to battle (unprepared characters have only their primary weapon - lightsaber, lightwhip, doublebladed etc ... whatever they normally use ... so if you want a blaster or something ... you need to use prep). However, in your arguments, you can try to convince the judges that your character can/should/will bring additional weapons/items/armor - as many as they could equip or carry. No arguments = default of two; Arguments = whatever you persuade the judges to accept. Now, keep in mind, you get a total of three preps for the entire draft. So use them wisely. I'll post a reminder of how many preps each team has left when I post new matches and ask for numbers. Alas, no matte how good your argument, prep does not allow bringing any other living beings into the arena, be it pets, buddies, or Dex.

So you might send your numbers as:

1. Yoda (Prepared)
    2. Obi-Wan Kenobi TRUMPED with Anakin Skywalker
    3. Anakin Skyealker TRUMPED with Obi-Wan Kenobi
    4. Mace Windu

That means when I call #3, both Skywalker and Kenobi will battle, but when I call #2, you will get a forfeit. Also, it means Yoda has twenty-four hours to use the info gets about his opponent, and can bring another weapon - such as the stick he used to hit R2-D2 in ESB - or a power-up (like the floating chair he rides around the Temple, or cute pictures of his son to distract his opponent)

The judges judge the winners. If you win three or four matches, you win the round. If you win two, you and your opponent go to teams, where all four opponents battle. Characters are prepped for information and strategy, but unable to bring extra weapons.

We do that Round Robin until everyone plays everyone, and then we award points - Five Points for first place, three points for second place, two points for third place.

Then ... we repeat it for the Muggle Draft

Other than this being completely for non-Force users and the Jedi Draft being for only Force Users, this is the same set up. You get trump and prep as they were in the Jedi Portion.

So, your numbers might look like:

1. Watto (Prepared)
    2. Jabba the Hutt (Prepared)
    3. Elan Sleazebaggano
    4. Kitster

We do it all again with the numbers called and the judging and the round robin and the points.

Then ... we repeat it all for the Starfighter Draft

But, there are two twists

1) You cannot draft a character that was used previously in the draft (either in the Jedi or Muggle portion)
    2) You are drafting six characters, not four.

This brings us to another strategy, wingmates

For two numbers in the draft, you get to submit wingmates. This acts just like a trump ... except it does not cause a forfeit. You can still Trump, but it seems like overkill.

If you use prep time in the Starfighter portion ... you get to choose a specific vehicle to pilot (need to use wingmen or trump if it's a two-person fly/fight like the Falcon or Ghost) and a specific Astromech to assist. If you don't use prep, the vehicle is a neutral in the class of a basic TIE or X-Wing.

So, your numbers might look like this:

1. Darth Vader
    2. Baron Soontir-Fel WITH WINGMATE Jagged Fel
    3. Jaina Solo
    4. Jacen Solo WITH WINGMATE Ben Solo

Then, we do just as above, with matches called and judged, a round robin, and points awarded in the same manner.

Then we tabulate points for all three, and declare a winner overall. If there's a tie, we go to a tiebreaker, where each GM submits one character they had from each set, and we judge for a win.

Draftable List

There is no draftable list. You can draft any character that has appeared in NuCanon or Legacy Canon (if they appeared in both, you get the combo of their experience and feats, unless one version is ineligible based on criteria) provided they:

Jedi Draft - have used the Force
    Muggle Draft - cannot and do not use the Force. You can also draft the ESB Tauntaun as a sleeping, or a trio of Porgs, but one of them is dead and roasted.
    Starfighter Draft - Have piloted something (so, yes, you can draft Ben Quadinaros, if you want) or are a sentient ship that flies

Sign-ups:

Commish/Judge:

1) Inty

Judges:

1) KenKenobi
    2) Point Given
    Backup: Heels

GMs:

1) Jordan1
    2)
    3)
    4)

(Copy and paste and add your name to a vacant number to sign up)

2. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Commish/Judge:

1) Inty

Judges:

1) KenKenobi
    2) Point Given

GMs:

1) Jordan1
    2) clone commander bossk
    3)
    4)

3. SithOverlord101

SithOverlord101 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2018
    Sign me up!

Commish/Judge:

1) Inty

Judges:

1) KenKenobi
    2) Point Given

GMs:

1) Jordan1
    2) clone commander bossk
    3) SithOverlord101
    4)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  4. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
  5. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    BookExogorth likes this.
  6. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Give me the Number 4 spot

BookExogorth likes this.
  7. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Can we put a ban on a few ridiculous characters before the drafting begins? Father, Son, Daughter, Abeloth and Bendu.

8. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    Sounds reasonable to me.

9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Waru. Malakili. Yeah. I'll retain veto rights, so if you make an outlandish pick, you run the risk of repicking several slots later.

I'll get draft order up and all that once I'm not on mobile. Should be later today

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  10. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Alright. Let's do this. I'm incredibly pumped that we are guaranteed to have a first-time draft winner.

For purposes of included feats, any book/comic that was out two weeks prior to start of draft (so, released on or before November 10th) is in scope. Anything released after is out - feats do not count. Also, since the series is not finished, nothing from Mandalorian Season 2 is eligible for the draft.

Jedi Draft

Round 1

1. @Jordan1Kenobi
    2. @clone commander bossk
    3. @RX_Sith
    4. @SithOverlord101

Round 2

1. SO101
    2. Rexy
    3. ccb
    4. J1K

Round 3

1. Jordan
    2. bossk
    3. Rx
    4. Overlord

Round 4

1. Ovie
    2. clocombo
    3. R-to-the-izz-ex
    4. KENOBI!

On with teh draft! @KenKenobi @Point Given @heels1785

KenKenobi and Jordan1Kenobi like this.
  11. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    Are pre - existing characters who are in the mandalorian season 2 allowed?

12. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Yes. But no feats from Season 2.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  13. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
  14. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I’m first for once! I’d better not waste it.

Plo Koon

Ok but seriously:

Grand Master Luke Skywalker

@clone commander bossk

15. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Listen if you want to try fitting Waru or Rebels Thon Bendu into a starfighter that might be hilarious.

PS speaking of overpowered, I'll be judging Rey NOT TRUMPED WITH ALL THE JEDI FOR THIS THANK YOU

[​IMG]

16. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    Ok, lets do this.

Darth Vader

@RX_Sith

DarthIntegral likes this.
  17. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
  18. SithOverlord101

SithOverlord101 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2018
  19. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
  20. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    KenKenobi likes this.
  21. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    By Gawhd, [​IMG] I am excited for the carnage and stacked teams a 4-GM draft is going to bring us. Yoda/Kenobi and Palpatine/Vitiate

Round 1

1. Jordan1Kenobi - T3h Luke
    2. clone commander bossk - Darth Vader
    3. RX_Sith - Yoda
    4. SithOverlord101 - Darth Sidious

Round 2

1. SO101 - Emperor Vitiate
    2. Rexy - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    3. ccb - On The Clock
    4. J1K

Round 3

1. Jordan