main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

John Powell - composer for Han Solo (w/ theme by John Williams)

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Seagoat, Aug 2, 2017.

1. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Extended soundtrack you say? This I must see!

2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Can you buy it on CD?

3. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Doesn't seem to be a CD option on Amazon, at least not in the UK. Must be a digital only release.

It is a quality release though, so comprehensive. The only things that remain exclusive to the original album are an alt ending to Marauder's Arrive, the 'high-pitched' Chicken in the Pot, and a short alternate segment from Good Thing Listening You Were Listening.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Coming back to this score recently, and I still really love it. Train Fight in particular might be my favourite piece of Star Wars music composed in the last decade, from that soothing opening merging Han, Beckett, and Chewie's themes, the soaring cue for Val's zipline, the pulse-pounding action, the reprise of the ANH Imperial theme. Combined with Marauder's Arrive (the cues are presented as one in the deluxe version) and you have the striking choir for Enfys Nest, and even more great variants of the themes.

And for a minor highlight, I love this upbeat version of Chewie's theme for when he comes to back to rescue Han on Kessel, it captures that fun uplifting energy so well:

5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    How did I just realize this was available? It’s fantastic!

TX-20 likes this.