main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 2.05 - Chapter 13 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 26, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Dec 4, 2020.
  1. 10

50.9%
  2. 9

28.3%
  3. 8

8.2%
  4. 7

6.3%
  5. 6

3.1%
  6. 5

1.9%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0.6%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0.6%
  1. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    If they were the only ones looking, yes of course.

2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I could imagine Ahsoka starting things out with a sagely quote like, "the only way to find someone who is lost is by getting lost ourselves" and then they just get lost for ten years, Ezra gets back to the GFFA at large in that timeframe and is all "WTH guys you had 1 job"

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    Sarge, Huncrweo, RetropME and 2 others like this.
  3. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I was thinking what if Grogu goes to Tython and is all yea I want to be a Mandalorian? lol

No, I agree on her reasoning to not train him considering he's formed an attachment. Funnily enough the recent episodes showing their relationship has meant something which is cool. Filoni is killing it.

As far as this rando (what was her name?) it seems like she is part of something bigger connected to Thrawn. How that'll turn up who knows.

So we got Cobb, Ahsoka, Bo-Katan, we really haven't gotten Boba and I don't know how that'll happen now or Rex.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  4. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    People seem to be glossing over this as an option, but it is a very real possibility and the one that I personally expect to see play out.

5. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    Correct I do. He’s the ultimate Star Wars cliffhanger right now. I guarantee you it won’t be Luke. They aren’t going to use Cal a video game character. They name drop Thrawn who last time we saw him was literally attached to the hip of Ezra. Ezra may even still be lost but I am willing to bet the farm that when Grogu uses that Seeing Stone he reaches out and sees Ezra. Maybe that’s how Ezra finds his way home OR he’s already home and this is the continuation of that story. It will be Ezra.

Tan-Wessel likes this.
  6. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Ahsoka seems to know all about the "Seeing Stone" though, so I would imagine that she used it to try to reach out Ezra previously and he was unresponsive - perhaps, wherever he is, he is cut off from the Force. Assuming Grogu even chooses to direct a call to a Jedi in the first place, I'd actually take a guess and say that Ezra isn't a valid option at all.

But then, I still think the "Seeing Stone" is going to be more important in Grogu's choice to not link up with a Jedi.

Tan-Wessel and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  7. Teo9969

Teo9969 Jedi Padawan

Nov 27, 2020
    Agreed - I don't think enough people are putting enough weight into these two realities:

1. Grogu can't verbally communicate and that has to be addressed prior to him doing any substantive training - this means the Jedi has to fit into Din's story - not Grogu's - because you can't peacefully separate Grogu/Din.

2. If big bad is going to really be big bad, big bad is going to have to experience some success - i.e. Grogu is going to have to be captured by Gideon. That seems to me to be the overwhelming probability before we're introduced to any Jedi and indeed probably opens the door for a force user to join Din's journey while Grogu is gone and before they even make it to the seeing stone - wouldn't be surprised if that force user is someone more on the grey/dark side and that ends up playing a crucial role when they finally do make it to Tython if they make it to Tython anytime soon.

Tan-Wessel and Sproj like this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I have a feeling we’ll be talking about the seeing stone for a while

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I bet the seeing stone is a tolkien reffrence.

Sarge likes this.
  10. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    The Child is of Yoda’s species. First off your making a gigantic assumption that Ahsoka used the stone and wasn’t able to connect with Ezra. Even if she did, doesn’t mean Grogu won’t succeed in doing just that. I’d argue Ezra is the only choice in terms of pushing the narrative forward and opening up more story potential. I highly doubt they give us a Force Ghost Yoda considering the line about there not being MANY living Jedi left. It’s gonna be Ezra.

11. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Yep, I am indeed assuming that she used the "Seeing Stone" herself, but it does seem like a logical conclusion to arrive at given that we know that she is searching for a Jedi, and that she seems to be intimately familiar with how it works.

Grogu very well could succeed, but I think it is going to be less about "success" vs "failure" and more about a choice where he has to decide if he even wants to reach out at all - the narrative seems to be sending things in a direction that is going to push Din and Grogu closer together rather than farther apart.

I could absolutely be wrong, and I certainly don't claim any of my speculation to be fact. Just speculating based on the details provided!

Tan-Wessel and DarthKreVass like this.
  12. Vader Bob

Vader Bob Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2020
    So I'm reading the Magistrate was supposed to be from Dathomir? Seems an odd thing to completely downplay on the show.

13. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    The people complaining about the montrals / head tails... there is actually a surprisingly little amount of lore about Togruta head structures. IIRC the rigid montrals were said to be hollow sounding chambers that gave them better hearing than humans, but I can't even remember if that was legends or Disney canon. In any case, the small amount of lore leaves the field wide open for all manner of explanations as to why Ahsoka's bits seem sometimes larger and then (chronologically later) smaller.

I assume everyone here knows what a deer is. They are a common animal all over the world. They also have big ole' antlers on their heads. But what a lot of folks who live in cities maybe don't know is that these are not permanent structures. Deer shed their antlers and then grow a new set each year. So you could see a buck with a big ten point set of antlers late in season, and then early next year you'd see that same buck and he has little stubby antlers. But then later on that year they will be big again. It's entirely possible that Togruta montrals and lekku work similarly to this. Maybe not shedding every year, but every once in a while. And that's just one possible explanation. Like I said, there's not much montral lore, so the field is wide open to throw in an explanation for why they could appear both larger and smaller going forward in time.

syferdiasisalie, Tan-Wessel and Sarge like this.
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Huh where are you getting that from?

Wookieepidia doesn’t list this

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Morgan_Elsbeth

15. Vader Bob

Vader Bob Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2020

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/the-mandalorian-magistrate-morgan-elsbeth-dathomir/

Maybe BS. I'm not real good with which sources are credible or not.

Edit: Seems legit. Post liked by Gina Carano's verified account. The original post was edited to remove the part about her being from Dathomir so either she made a mistake in saying or a mistake in revealing it.

16. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Regarding the lekku/montrals, I'll just come out and say it. Continuity be damned, I like it that they evoke the early TCW look. TCW Ahsoka is my definitive version of the character and with the changeover to live action, there's just a comforting stab of nostalgia any time I see the Dawson Ahsoka from the back or sideview. The contradiction adds an unconventionality compared to the vanilla Torgruta, and Ahsoka's refusal to conform to predefined niches was always a part of her appeal.

17. LedReader

LedReader Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2019
    A couple of thoughts now that I've had time to catch up on the thread:
    -I've never heard of Tython before this episode which was exactly 0% different than Corvus itself which was also a completely new planet name. I certainly wasn't angry or confused in either scenario.
    -The montrals bothered me a bit but because they looked fake, not because of the length. It was easy to get over though.
    -I'm not a huge fan of the name "Grogu" or however you spell it but it's not the worst either. I'll probably continue to use Baby Yoda or The Child.
    -It was nice to learn that he had prior training because I had people on here tell me that absolutely was not the case despite the fact that his backstory had 50 years of blankness at the time.
    -Mando's personality really carries this show for me which is amazing for a character who never shows his face.
    -The general atmosphere of the show is a perfect encapsulation of everything that makes Star Wars so special to me. It really feels like I've been transported to a wonderful galaxy, far far away.
    -As always this show generates more questions than it answers in a given episode, but that just makes me more excited for where we're going in the future.

DarthFixxxer, Sproj and Aah Fisto like this.
  18. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    Where did I say I didn't like the episode? Being underwhelmed does not necessarily equate to dislike. It means I felt this episode could have been better, but it does not mean I didn't like it. And being disappointed in this season again does not mean I dislike it. I expected this season to live up to what I experienced in season one, and for me, it hasn't done so. But again, it in no way means I don't like it.

fett 4 and Darthur C. Clarke like this.
  19. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I also still prefer season one. But Ahsoka's opening scene is, IMO, beyond reproach.

20. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014
  21. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    Yea, I didn't have an issue w/them either.

Bor Mullet and Sproj like this.
  22. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    That screenshot really shows how perfect Dawson was for the role, she translated so well to live action as a result of the look and Dawson's efforts to mimic and interpret an older, wiser Ahsoka.

Bor Mullet and Devizz like this.
  23. Kowakian Kebab

Kowakian Kebab Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 5, 2020
    If Grogu does decide to call out in the force and a Jedi hears him, I hope it turns out it's the same one who removed him from the temple, if indeed it was a Jedi that took him. Could be a sweet little reunion scene.

DannyD likes this.
  24. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    If it was a jedi and if said jedi is still alive.

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  25. Kowakian Kebab

Kowakian Kebab Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 5, 2020
    If indeed it was a Jedi that took him I think it's a nice little hook that he/she would still be alive. Got Grogu out, had to hide him, and lost him somehow. Now the Empire's gone it's a bit safer to come out of hiding and resume the search. I also like the idea of Din's search for the Jedi being mirrored by a Jedi searching for Grogu as neither one of them has any idea where the other one is. Have to admit my thinking is influenced by Giancarlo Esposito's 'epic lightsaber action' comment as well so this would be a way to introduce a character who can actually wield a lightsaber.

Sproj likes this.