main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 2.05 - Chapter 13 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 26, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Dec 4, 2020.
  1. 10

50.9%
  2. 9

28.3%
  3. 8

8.2%
  4. 7

6.3%
  5. 6

3.1%
  6. 5

1.9%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0.6%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0.6%
  1. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    It would be fun for a Jedi to join the Mando team for future light sabre adventuring fun!

2. The Togruta Jedi

The Togruta Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 22, 2020
    Watched again, specifically this time I counted how many soldiers and HK droids Ahsoka disposed of; in total the number is 18 soldiers and 1 HK Droid, she used stealth, distraction and her expert lightsaber training to avoid detection and death.

I can only imagine how unstoppable Ahsoka, Bo-Katan and Din would be together (please Favreau and Filoni)

dick rodgers and Kowakian Kebab like this.
  3. quiller

quiller Jedi Master star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    I will have to wait a bit to give my thoughts on the quality of this episode tell I rewatch it and let my emotions settle. StillI want to responded a few things. It makes perfect sense IMO that Ahsoka did not want to “train” baby yoda. 1st Ahsoka is in the middle of a complicated quest that includes a lot of action. That does not make room for her taking care of a toddler age person. 2nd IMO Ahsoka more then anyone I think understands the failure and limits of the Jedi and the training methods.
    Thus I think Ahsoka is saying maybe Baby yoda will do better being trained by you. and yeah maybe eventually a Jedi might help him learn how to use the force but you need to teach him “how” to be a person.
    I also am very interested in how the next 3 episodes go as it’s being set up for a real exciting big bad finish. It also will be interesting to see if this season follows the movie trilogy of having the middle section end with the bad guy winning.

might not be the thread for this but I am also happy with the way they introduced Bo-kataan (sp). I think it sets up the madalorian becoming less attached to all of the rules of the way and instead melding a lot of rules between the watch and the Jedi. Where he is more about helping people them being a true bounty hunter while still respecting the Mandalorian culture items like the amour and his word is his bond ie maybe season three he removes his helmet. Kinda hard to continue the mandalorian line if you can not remove your helmet in presence of another person

Tan-Wessel likes this.
  4. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    But he may be referring to Ahsoka's lightsaber fighting. I'm not convinced we need more of that just yet. Not in this season at least.

Sarge likes this.
  5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Ahsoka says Grogu was “taken” from the Temple, and that afterwards his mind goes dark and he was alone. I’m almost fully convinced that he was taken by a bad guy and not a Jedi.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    What if Anakin took him and delivered him to Palpatine.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  7. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    "Hey Palpy old pal, look what I found!"

"Vader, it is so cute...KILL IT, KILL IT!"

"Oh but he's soooooooooooo cute...can I keep him?"

"Yes...yes, it could be all part of my plan to resurrect myself in 30 or so years."

"What did you say my master?"

"Oh nothing, nothing. Now go kill some more kids would you!"

8. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Knight star 2

May 30, 2020
    Watched this again for the first time since Friday and as a massive Ahsoka and GoT fan I found this to be an absolute masterpiece.

I just loved the way they had Ahsoka creeping in the shadows and disposing of her enemies. She was almost like a more agile Michael Myers the way she pops up behind people and It’s a complete contrast to how we’ve seen Jedi depicted in the films and animation previously.

One thing I did notice on the rewatch, when Ahsoka jumps down from the roof to try and kill Michael Biehns character, it sounded like they used Maul’s lightsaber noise from TPM

From reading Filoni’s comments about the search for Ezra, I’m actually really glad she’s not found him yet by this point if that’s the timeline they’re going with. It creates more mystery around the Unknown Regions knowing that she has been looking for clues for 5 or 6 years and has only got this far

9. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I'll just go ahead and leave this here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Kowakian Kebab

Kowakian Kebab Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 5, 2020
    I think you may be happy, would be very surprised if the finale doesn't involve that team up somehow. Gideon had a fair few darktroopers and I'm presuming he has some normal stormtroopers as well so Mando will need a bit of help fighting all them off. That would be great fun to watch.

Sproj and The Togruta Jedi like this.
  11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Ahsoka is gone for the rest of the season, but we might see Bo.

12. The Togruta Jedi

The Togruta Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 22, 2020
    I think it will occur I don’t think it happen this season I see it occurring Episode 1 of Season 3. But if it did happen in the season finale I’d be ecstatic

I am leaning this direction as well.

Sproj and Kowakian Kebab like this.
  13. Kowakian Kebab

Kowakian Kebab Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 5, 2020
    I think either one could work. Grogu might have been placed in his egg and kep in a cupboard, hidden by someone who themselves were terrified of being found by the Inquisitors. That change of environment would be enough to create the fear for him. Obviously being taken and experimented on would create the same effect. Either one is a stark contrast to the peace he would have known on Coruscant to my mind so don't mind either.

There's a part of me would like to see a new Jedi brought in just for said Jedi to die in an act of self sacrifice to save Din and Grogu. First mention of Jedi Din heard was as ancient enemies so this carries on what he learned from Ahsoka that well, maybe it isn't quite as clear cut as that. I know it's not needed for 'epic lightsaber action' but I'm greedy; I want the full on Battle Royale with Din, Ahsoka, Bo-Katan, a new Jedi, Gideon and his troops with as a complete wild card some troops working for Thrawn all going at it.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  14. dsjericho

dsjericho Jedi Knight

Mar 2, 2016
    Reading this, I thought this was neat; missed it while watching but, in retrospect, yes. Good interview with Filoni and Dawson.

15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    And pretty subtly done. Filoni did good.

16. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    And also, IMHO, the correct way to subvert expectations.
    Boka-Tan said Corvus was a florest planet, so everybody thought it was like the Endor moon. But when the chapter started and and all we was smoke and fire. As the interviewer said a terrifying scene instead the expected cuteness. It doens not put of like that gentleman RJ did in that SW movie but makes you wonder WTF was going on , what conflict is going on out there !

godisawesome and DarthFixxxer like this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    When I heard "forest planet" my immediate thought was "what if it's a forest planet after a gender-reveal party gone wrong?" And I was right. So my expectations were met.

18. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I bet your expectations about when and how much we will see Ahsoka were subverted though. In the best way possible.

To be fair, we did see part of the forest that was still green. And if that wasn't a beautiful scene, I don't know what is.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  19. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    Also, i liked the reasoning of why the planet was devastated. It was explained the devastation was caused to get resources to the reamaining of the Empire. In TLJ the weapons sellers were described as the rich people in Canto Bright; here we saw how the operation really was; how the people who financed war in GFFA really acted. I liked that. This episode had a lot of subtle symbolisms, alegories and metaphors.
    That planet was not devastated by war, but to make sure war would keep going on.
    And as said by Filoni in that interview dsjericho quoted, that pallete, that devastion and the little green left were little visual cues that you can tell to reinforce story points.
    In the end, as art of filming a story this was a very complex episode with a lot of visual cues ( anyone else noticed how bright the citadel was after the magistrate was defeated ?). Everything was planned and integral to the story told and how it was told.
    But i know for most people it was just the chapter Ahsoka popped out [face_laugh]

20. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Apparently you can see the insignia of Thrawn's Fleet (The Seventh Fleet) on the helmet of one of the HK-87 droids.

DarthKreVass likes this.
  21. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    Yeah, her exact words were, "He was raised at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. Many Masters trained him over the years. At the end of the Clone Wars when the Empire rose to power, he was hidden. Someone took him from the Temple. Then his memory becomes... dark. He seemed lost. Alone."

It can be read as a Jedi hid him, then something happened. The Jedi may have been killed, Grogu was found, taken, and then whatever happened to Grogu happened.

Or it can also be read as (and how I read it), he was hidden, and he was hidden by way of a Jedi taking him from the Temple. Then that Jedi may have been killed. And then whatever happened to Grogu happened.

The only ones who could have taken him at the Temple are Anakin or Clone Troopers. Unless they of course invent someone else. And of course if all of this happened during Order 66. If it happened afterwards, and before Yoda and Obi-Wan arrive, then anything is possible.

Anyway, hopefully they follow up on this story. Please follow up on this. Next episode would be perfect, but by the end of the season will do.

"And so it is." God, I love that movie.

Bor Mullet, DarthFixxxer and Kole like this.
  22. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    Well supposedly Rex will be seen, so could it be him?

Master Cado Afu likes this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Isn’t that still speculation or do we have a leak saying Rex will appear

24. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    If Rex didn't show up this last episode he's not showing up. The rumor mongers probably got their wires crossed between Bad Batch and Mandalorian.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    It's speculation I believe. There was a group of photos that showed RD as Ahsoka, KS as Bo-Katan, & TM as Rex and Boba. So idk.