main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Ahsoka Ahsoka in The Mandalorian & Spinoffs (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by TheCloneWarsForever, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    No, yeah this is the story that they're telling. This is how they set it up, that Grogu is afraid.

This is how they got out of Ahsoka not training him and not knowing Luke. Because if they had done that then the series is over. And obviously they don't want the series to be over at that point, so they're doing something else.

They're choosing the way that they want to tell their story too. They're not obligated to unravel in any manner other than what they want.

I just thought it odd that they chose for Ahsoka not to seemingly know who Luke Skywalker was. I understand why they did it, and I see how they did it, I just thought it was odd.

It's still okay that they did it. It's just odd to me.
    She just met the guy. Tells him the child is scared, and that she knows what can happen to a Jedi in that situation. Then tells him to see if the child wants to be trained and maybe some random Jedi may come and do it.

This is what they set up. And this is fine. Nothing wrong with it. A little wonky, in my opinion, but okay.

The other thing they could have done was said, "Hey, let's go find Luke."

Apparently they have a better idea than Luke Skywalker. This is the story that they apparently want to tell. Okay, fine. It could be great. Let's see.

I was just pointing out what they didn't do. And yeah, the only reason Yoda is mentioned is because they wanted it in the story (obviously), and the only reason Luke isn't mentioned is because they apparently don't want him in the story (again, obviously).

Okay, that's fine.

If it doesn't suit you, that's cool. And you're the one who brought up art, I didn't.

I just thought it was weird that Ahsoka apparently doesn't know Luke. And I see why they did it. I still think it's weird though.
    No, you also said that "She probably knows. Almost certainly actually." And I was saying, yeah, I agree. That was my whole point.

And no, I'm not saying anything is a universal truth. Again, if my rhetoric leads you to feel that way, that's fine, I guess. But that's not my intention, I'm just presenting my point as I see it.

And yeah, after watching "The Jedi" I don't think it's a possibility either. At all. None. I believe I've said that over and over again.

I think you may be creating an argument in your mind that I'm not not making.

Again, I've never said that Luke Skywalker has to train Grogu. No other option, that has to happen. I've never said that. Never will. Because I personally don't believe it. Nor am I saying that she had to mention Luke. No other option, that had to have happened. I've never said that. Never will. Because I personally don't believe it.

Here's what I'm saying, it was kind of weird to me that Ahsoka didn't know who Luke was. But I know why they did it.

Would it be cool if Luke trained him? Yeah. Why? Because I like Ben Solo. Kylo Ren is my second favorite character after Obi-Wan. I think it would be incredibly cool to see a a young Ben Solo and Grogu interact. And as I mentioned in another thread, in my imagination Ben would be really jealous of little Grogu, and that would be so fun to see to me. It would take Luke Skywalker to get that. So give the child to Luke.

Apparently they're not going the route of giving the child to Luke. Again, they apparently have something better. Okay. Hopefully I like it.

In the meantime, yeah, it was kind of weird to me that Ahsoka didn't know who Luke was. But I see what they did it.

And that's the long and the short of it.

Please tell me you understand this... :cool:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  2. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I like the idea of surviving Nightsisters presenting an on-going threat for Ahsoka. I'd also like to see them rebuild their culture on Dathomir. I like the old Legends take on them, that there were many tribes of Dathomirian witches and not all were darkside users.

Speaking of the darkside, was Kenobi using it when he chopped arms off in the OT and PT? Surely he could have used less violence.

How about when he chopped Maul in half?

Luke was also using the darkside when Kenobi egged him on to blow up the Death Star, and on Jabba's barge when he was slashing henchmen left and right.

3. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    I was totally against this character being in this show...but I have to admit, the portrayal was done very well. And that introduction right out of the gates - brilliant!

wobbits and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  4. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Yep!

5. Dorryn

Dorryn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2015
    That's true of almost every PT Jedi. How about when Windu chopped off Fett's head? Legends even had to come up with an explanation for Windu's overall aggressiveness.

Oh and don't forget the poor stormtroopers during the speeder bike chase. Surely he could have gently grabbed them in the Force, put them down and tied them instead of killing them :p

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  6. antitoxicgamer

antitoxicgamer Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 9, 2020
    The topic title is a spoiler itself.

7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Why do you keep saying that Ahsoka “doesn’t know Luke?” Again, her not telling them about Luke doesn’t mean she doesn’t know him. She doesn’t use any Jedi names at all to clarify who she means by “not many Jedi left.” Your assertion would only be valid if Ashoka said “Well, I know there’s Ezra Bridger and Quinlan Vos out there, but I don’t know of any other Jedi. Pretty sure that’s it.” Then you could legitimately ask “How doesn’t she know Luke???” As it stands, it is much more likely that she does know who he is.

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  8. Ash_Satine

Ash_Satine Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2017
    In my opinion Ahsoka, since she left the Jedi, always did, what Anakin wanted to to as a kid: Freeing slaves. Ahsoka changes it and goes for fight occupation, slavery and oppression.
    With that mindset and the fact, that she never told Kanan or Ezra how things (considering the force) have to be done, it is just logical that she simply doesn't want to impose any decision over anyone. She is one for 'free will'. Keeping Grogu and training him: It's not what he wants. Sending him to any Jedi/not-Jedi/Force-User: It is not what Grogu wants and possibly not, what the guy/girl wants. This part would also be imposing her will on two other people. Besides, I'm pretty sure she's seen things in the WBW or sensed that Grogu and the Mando belong together. Not everyone with the Force has to be a Jedi/Sith. Maybe Grogu's way is to open up a cantina and design food that does not attack.

Ahsoka knowing Luke and Leia? I bet. But right now we don't know what Luke really is doing. I said it before. Maybe she knows perfectly well where he is and what he is doing. At this point of time Luke is less experienced than any other padawan or Ezra once was. He is at the point Ahsoka was at the beginning of her training. She knew the force but not the world outside. Luke knows (somewhat) the force, but not the world outside. He's learned to know the military side of things. In a way Luke and a padawan right now would be like the Martez sisters. Ahsoka knows what she's talking about, she was alone in a strange world (from the perspective where she's grown up). I guess, she knows exactly that Luke just right now has to find his way. He doesn't want to be in politics, military is bad as well as they have to learn to defend themselves.

And Leia? She just started to recognize Vader as her father in Bloodlines. I am not sure if Leia really wants her father's former padawan around her. Let's be honest: Ahsoka channels everything from Anakin, she just chose the directions better.

(That's said: I still want an mini-series with Ahsoka, Luke and Leia around a campfire. Ahsoka telling all the stupid stuff Anakin ever did - and Artoo coming up with the visuals.)

DarthFixxxer and Bor Mullet like this.
  9. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Ahsoka said she does not care about the people, only her mission was important.

Erkan12 likes this.
  10. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    It's 9 ABY, Ahsoka only knew Ezra before she entered the World Between Worlds, when he had spent little more then a year with Kanan. That's a pretty harsh judgement of Luke's progress.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Precisely not at all what she said. She said the people already suffer under the Magistrate’s rule to essentially call her bluff/ call her out on the emptiness of her threat. Then she tells Mando that they must liberate the prisoners during their assault. Then they put a plan together that involves liberating the prisoners before they can be executed. And then they liberate the prisoners.

Darth Chiznuk , bstnsx704 and Kole like this.
  12. Ash_Satine

Dec 5, 2017
    @DurararaFTW - it's not harsh, because I don't talk only about the force. Ezra was a street kid, Luke until ANH a well cared for adult. There's the experience Luke is lacking. He went from farmboy to military officer. Just as Ahsoka went from well-cared-for-padawan to street kid. And Luke has not the knowledge regular padawans had. It's not harsh. I know I would have massive problems if I had to live completly out of everything that I know from tomorrow on. Every homeless person would have more experience than me. What's harsh about that? To become the master not only because of one deed Luke has to learn every single thing he can get his hands on. Grogu could probably teach him a great deal.

And as we don't know what their relationship is, Ahsoka might very well know that Luke is himself up to something or is on important missions. Or simply, that he is still in danger of any attack possible and so she doesn't mention his name to some stranger. I don't know if it is known to this time, who Vader once has been. If people know that Skywalker = Vader, telling any strange guy who comes up to go look for Luke Skywalker might be one of the worst ideas.

13. DurararaFTW

Jul 5, 2014
    Again, It's been nine years since Luke became a adult military officer and started learning about the Force and exploring the galaxy independently. Ezra was a streetkid from seven to fifteen, then he spent a year and change on the Ghost. That's a lot of credit to pile on Ezra as the objectively greater teacher of life, the force and everything at that point.

14. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    I'm going to go with that word "wonky" as the worst that can be said about what's on the table now, and even that's subjective -- nothing is even remotely world-breaking.

In my opinion, the OOU reason Ahsoka doesn't bring Luke up is to preserve storytelling options -- in other words, to not repeat Yoda's "the last of the Jedi you will be", which only went on to be something the fandom is still arguing about 37 years later. If Ahsoka doesn't mention Luke, maybe it's because (somehow?) she isn't aware of him, or maybe it's because... she doesn't mention him.

15. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Ahsoka is a villain!!!! [face_laugh]

This is why I belong to forums. Forums kill me. [face_rofl]

Bor Mullet likes this.
  16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    She doesn't mention any Jedi by name, but is clearly aware that there are Jedi left out there. So she knows Jedi. And likely knows Luke. She doesn't mention them because the narrative involves her refusing to impose Jedi training on Grogu. So she wants him to make the choice himself, through his free will, rather than deciding for him or directing him. And naming Jedi he could talk to would be an obvious form of imposition/ direction.

17. Ash_Satine

Dec 5, 2017
    @DurararaFTW - sorry, I wasn't clear. I don't talk about Ezra as the better teacher. I used him as an example of having gained experience of his own and by his own. Luke is, by now, for five years on his own (if he left right after DS2). HIs first time alone and his first chance to do what he really wants. To be free. To be free to make all the experiences he wants. Check in on cultures, live with whatever species, learn religions, languages, other aspects of the force. That's what I meant by why Ahsoka might not think that Luke is the right one at this point to teach Grogu. I don't talk about never the right teacher.
    in my opinion anyone has only the life experience of the life one lived before. Now Luke is free from the responsibility that has been put on his shoulders. So why should he not be able to experience whatever he wants without having a kid on his side? Grogu would just slow him down. And differently from Ahsoka and Luke's father, Grogu cannot run fast enough.

I think she knows very well what Luke is doing and where he is. And she lets him find his own way - away from the OT, teaching someone and responsibilities. Who knows, maybe Luke is actually working on something right now and told her, that he is not to be disturbed.

18. DurararaFTW

Jul 5, 2014
    The comics and Heir to the Jedi I feel make clear that you can't just dismiss Luke as having had no life experience of meaning on par with Ezra's time on Lothal before the end of Return of the Jedi.

19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Right. I mean, Ahsoka also didn't tell Mando what she ate for breakfast that morning. Does this mean she doesn't know what she ate for breakfast that morning???

Kowakian Kebab likes this.
  20. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Ahsoka's Breakfast: A Star Wars Story

She sees Luke in her cereal in this one, so be sure to buy your tickets in advance!

21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Luke Skywalker just ruins everything these days. First he creates a new intergalactic mass murderer and gets all his students killed, and then he goes and ruins Ahsoka's breakfast.

22. Master Cado Afu

Oct 1, 2020
    This is what I'm saying.

I'm assuming that she doesn't mention him because she doesn't know him. Because that's not the story they want to tell. Full stop.

And with wonky I don't think it's world-breaking either. Ahsoka said go and see if Grogu wants to be trained, and then maybe some random Jedi will show up and may train him. That's not world-breaking to me. Wonky or weird to me, but that's the story that they set up.

And okay, let's see what they do with it. That's all that was. Full stop.

First, my assertion only has to be valid to me. If it's not valid to you, that's fine. It's no that important.

And I keep saying that I don't think Ahsoka knows who Luke is, again, because of what happened in the episode. After watching the episode nothing about it lead me to believe that Ahsoka knows who Luke Skywalker is. Nothing.

Because I legitimately ask, you send this guy to maybe find some random Jedi, yet you know Luke Skywalker? Why would you do that? You must not know Luke Skywalker. Otherwise why would you do that?

Or I suppose they could maybe have Ahsoka go and tell Luke that she found a child that's the same species as Yoda, and that she told the guy that had him to go and put him on a rock and see what happens. I suppose they could do that. I don't think that's what they're going to do. But like Dave Filoni, "I'm saying it's possible." :cool:

Or she does know Luke and just never brings it up when she sees him next. I suppose they could do that.

This is my common sense reasoning on this. If you know who Luke Skywalker is, then it's really weird what you just did. If you don't know who Luke Skywalker is, then what you did makes sense (giving what story they seem to want to be telling).

No, but, I don't think they want Luke Skywalker in this series. I don't think this series wants to be that big in scope. It now feels like it always has, like a small story in the galaxy. Yes, they seem to be setting up some big things, and I assume they'll at some point begin to start paying off on some of the things that they've set up. But I don't think they want to go Luke Skywalker big.

If you feel that they want to go Luke Skywalker big, fine. I won't question it. I just don't see it. Or if you're just saying that it's possible that Luke shows up, that's fine too. I just don't see it.

I assumed that they would go the route of sending the child to Ahsoka, and then go to Luke. Go that route.

But no, after seeing the episode they apparently aren't going to do that. They may do this random Jedi to Luke route, they may do that. Or they may not do that at all.

The show may just be Din and Grogu and that's it. That may be all that it aspires to be.

Either way, Luke Skywalker doesn't seem to factor into any of this. And that's why it doesn't seem to me that Ahsoka knows him. And that's how they set up the story, because they want to tell whatever story it is they want to tell.

I mean, seriously, after this episode, does anyone think Luke Skywalker is going to show up in this series at all? He may get mentioned at some point in the series, but I don't think we'll ever see him. And I really never believed we would. I was just surprised that they made Ahsoka not know him. But I see why they did it.

23. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I do not understand this, because it's simply not true. There is absolutely nothing that suggests Ahsoka does not know Luke Skywalker in the show we have been watching. We have seen her interact with Din Djarin and Grogu for a total of a few hours, in which she has absolutely zero obligation to mention Luke Skywalker, nor do the writers have any obligation to include that, so that the story makes sense. In fact, I personally think she should NOT have mentioned Luke Skywalker to Din Djarin from a narrative perspective, because it serves absolutely no purpose other than pleasing fans who wanted to hear his name.

It means that she has never had breakfast before in her life. In fact, she has never had food. Have you ever seen her eat in the Mandalorian? She preserves her energy through The Force and has the midichlorians within her kill themselves in order to sustain her, exploding in pockets of life force. It's brutal, but that's who Ahsoka is as we clearly saw in the opening scene. A cold blooded murderer of civilians and midichlorians.

What's really sad, on a serious note, is that your first sentence there was genuinely what LFL and Disney thought, before reducing him to a non-threat for the new characters , instead of elevating the new characters and writing them better. If Filoni was able to do it with Ahsoka Tano and Kanan Jarrus and so many more, why couldn't others too?

Bor Mullet likes this.
  24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    You need to watch and listen to what's actually happening in the show, rather than what you want to be happening. Ahsoka did NOT send Din Djarin to find a Jedi, as you claim. She sent Din Djarin to find a seeing stone and place Grogu on it, so he could decide himself, in the face of a powerful force magnifier, if we wished to be trained. And if he does, he can reach out through this force magnifier to other Jedi/ force sensitives. She doesn't think Grogu should be trained, and she is only open to being convinced that he should be given a chance to decide himself. So why would she ignore her own feelings about Grogu's training, and send him to be trained by Luke? It doesn't make any flipping sense. She doesn't mention Luke Skywalker because she's not sending Din Djarin to find Luke Skywalker. It's that simple. The assertion that she doesn't know Luke Skywalker is not objectively valid. Based on the information we've been given, there is no certainty about whether or not she knows Luke. We simply do not know the answer to that. But given the other canonical dynamics at play in the GFFA at the time, it's more reasonable (though not fully supported) to assume that she knows who Luke is.

wobbits, DarthFixxxer and RetropME like this.
  25. Master Cado Afu

Oct 1, 2020
    Please don't be pedantic.

Anyway, I'll use a little Socratic method on both of you...

Does Ahsoka now go and tell Luke Skywalker what's transpired, or does she go and find Sabine and go search for Thrawn?

If your answer is "I don't know," fine. Or if it's "both," fine. Or "neither" because she's going to appear in the series again, fine. Or "other."

My answer: "other"

She may appear in the series again, but she ultimately goes and finds Sabine and they go and search for Thrawn, because she doesn't know who Luke Skywalker is. (And I understand why this is so.)

And I think that's about it, yes?