main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Ahsoka Ahsoka in The Mandalorian & Spinoffs (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by TheCloneWarsForever, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    This is getting farcical. So a major, fundamental difference is pedantry? Ahsoka just REFUSED to train Grogu for the very specific reason of avoiding severing the attachment between Grogu and Din. So why would she, in the next moment, send Grogu to find a Jedi? She's not sending him to find a Jedi. She's sending him to a place where he can make a decision on whether or not he wishes to find a Jedi, be trained, and voluntarily detach himself from Din.

I repeat. Ahsoka does NOT send Din and Grogu to find a Jedi. She sends them to find a seeing stone. She sends them to find wisdom. She sends them on a quest that is, in her mind, a necessary prerequisite for either reaching out to a Jedi, or not.

ETA: And what in the name of the Maker does your Socratic method exercise have to do with the situation in question? Ahsoka will likely not tell Luke Skywalker what transpired because Ahsoka is not interested in precooking what happens with Grogu. In fact, she feels that Grogu should not be trained, or pressured into training. So why would she tell Luke? Why would she alert him to the existence of a force sensitive (Grogu) that she wasn't convinced should be trained? For what reason?

Before responding, I beg of you. Watch the episode again, think about what actually transpired , consider what the characters are actually saying and doing, and then reply.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    If we could all calm down that would be great. Thanks.

3. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Why would Ahsoka have to find Luke and tell him that she has found a being that is strong in the Force? There is probably a very large quantity of beings that are Force sensitive in the Galaxy, this is not Pokemon for Luke, he doesn't need to collect them all.

Ahsoka can choose to not inform Luke Skywalker about Grogu, because she has already set Grogu and Din Djarin on their path, and because she does not think that Grogu should be trained. If The Force brings Grogu to Luke, we will find out. I predict it won't and I hope it won't. There is no objectively correct mindset for Ahsoka and what she should do and what she should not do. You want Ahsoka to have a strong connection to Luke Skywalker and inform him about Grogu, but Ahsoka can make up her own mind.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  4. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    I would say I agree with Bor Mullet on this. But I do think we need to stop the discussion. Ahsoka is a wonderful character, and this is thread dedicated to her. We do not want it shut down, surely!

5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    [​IMG]

6. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    To me it feels this is an on topic discussion about Ahsoka, and that it is a very civilized discussion too. I don't understand why it would be shut down. Did someone offend anyone else? Did someone break the rules? Where?

Master Cado Afu likes this.
  7. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    The argument that this discussion turned into is getting out of hand. If it continues there is always the possibility of the thread being locked. That's why I stepped in.

Let's move on from the topic.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  8. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    Please just allow this response...

Mod Edit: Nope. I told everyone to stop arguing. Move on.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2020
  9. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    @Master Cado Afu

Right. When a mod says stop the argument it means stop. Knock it off.

Todd the Jedi and rumblewagon like this.
  10. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    We as mods are really quite lenient on a lot of things, but as Silent mentioned, when we do decide to step in and say enough is enough, well that is the end of it. We don't want to shut down any thread on the forum. But we will if we have to.

Just food for thought :)

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    3v3rybody B3have3.

Bor Mullet and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  12. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    The cops are here, everybody!

SCRAM!!!

We'll all meet at the seeing stone.

:cool:

Kole likes this.
  13. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    The problem is Luke Skywalker. I was just saying something about this the other day- whenever SW fans have a discussion involving Luke, an ugly fight breaks out.

Ban mention of Luke from the forum perhaps? :confused:

14. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Rational conversations about Luke should be allowed. We can't really avoid him when many of these stories will take place during a period where he's around. Fans need to be able to discuss how think rethink Luke during this post-ROTJ period, because he does need to be reconceived.

As long as fans discuss Luke and not each other, we should be fine. ;)

15. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    ......in a civil way.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  16. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    And on that note let's get back to talking about Ahsoka.

17. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    Yes!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bor Mullet, Lee_, rumblewagon and 2 others like this.
  18. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Is there a sexuality name for men that find alien women to be attractive? There might be a concern regarding discrimination with binary choices of sexuality only with earth women. Respect diversity.

19. quiller

quiller Jedi Master star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    I liked the Jedi. It was nice to see live action Ahsoka. I found some of the action scenes to start in the fog a little off. It took some time to get used to the look versus the animated look. I didn’t really see Ahsoka in the scenes until she interacted with Grodo but that is more I think due to me having watched way more clone wars then Rebels. Although I do like the look of Ahsoka in the white robe in the epilogue and in this episode as well. More suitable and believable then what we saw in the clone wars.
    So. Will we see Ashoka in Mandalorian again this season. Or do we see Ahsoka showing back up next season to help in taking back Mandalor. Or was this a one and done test to set up her own live action story to find Thrawn and Ezra. Frankly I would love a series with Ahsoka Sabine working together.

20. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    If she shows up again (Big if) my guess it will be at the end of the season finale.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  21. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    That's what I was thinking too. It would be nice if we saw Ahsoka fight with the Nite Owls again.

22. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I think Palpatine kills Ahsoka now. I think her show/arc/whatever is all about Thrawn and then becomes discovering all the Exogal/Sith Final Order stuff. It would also serve to improve TRoS by giving Palpatine a reason to be forced to go public out of nowhere randomly. Something Ahsoka does accomplish before dying.

Master Cado Afu likes this.
  23. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    I don't think so, I'm not sure she will ever cross paths with Exogol or Palpatine. My guess is her next journey will be deep into the Unknown Regions. And by the time she does return the events of the ST will all be over.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  24. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Ahsoka was not much help and made matters worse sending them to Tython,lol.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  25. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    Well, you're not entirely wrong on that lol. Her intentions were good at least.