main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Jedi: Their Roles and Philosophies in Star Wars TV

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by The Chalk Jedi, Nov 28, 2020.

Tags:
  1. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    No one shows up.
    I'm honestly tired of so many Purge survivors being around, but I guess that's my opinion.

jaimestarr likes this.
  2. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    So Luke shows up to rescue, Grogu, but he's not there to train him? That's possible but it would be a tad repetitive of Ahsoka's response. Like none of the Jedi think the kid is worth it. I also think if Luke knew about Yoda 2.0, he wouldn't be able to stop himself from training him. Which doesn't fit the plot, IMO.

All of you folks wanting Luke to show up seem to be ignoring that this version of him is likely to overact and kill Grogu! ;)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  3. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Regardless of whichever Jedi it is that Grogu may have spoken to during this episode, I still fully expect it to be revealed that Grogu told them that he doesn't want to be trained right now and that he wants to remain with Din.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Then why would the Jedi show up?

5. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    There's nothing saying for sure that one is going to. Obviously it is a possibility, as so many things are right now, but it is by no means a guarantee.

I bet we flash back to Grogu's encounter on the Seeing Stone in one of the next two episodes, and see things from his POV and experience what was going on for him while Din, Boba, and Fennec were fighting the Stormtroopers. Maybe catch it in glimpses, while he's being experimented on.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I don’t think you would have the force beam of destiny without having a Jedi show up

7. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Which would mean he had a conversation with a Jedi in that moment. Which we might see in flashbacks, like I said in my above post.

I'm saying that there is no guarantee that one shows up in "real time" in either of the next two episodes as a result of Grogu's call.

8. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    I had wondered why she didn't make the suggestion of, let's both go to Tython and to the seeing stone and I'll wait in the Razor Crest while Grogu makes his decision, and that way I'll be on hand one way or the other.

I imagine she probably caught a glimpse of an early draft of the next episode and was... "yeah, you two go on ahead."

You would think.

I guess the question is how big of a season finale do they want? The Darksaber was semi-big last season; kind of. Do they want to match that or top it?

Matching it would probably only take a new Jedi. Well, maybe... no, probably. Because even if it is a new Jedi, it would still be stunning because we would have no idea who it is. It would be "Who is this, where did they come from? Are there others?" So just the mystery alone would be sufficient.

One of the handful of fan favorite Jedi who could potentially be around during this time would match the Darksaber reveal too. Because that would be "Oh my god, it's [that Jedi]. And to top it is Luke, obviously; or an allusion to Luke.

Whatever they're shooting for, I just hope they do something with whatever Jedi may show up. If Grogu goes with them, fine. If not, fine. But do something with the Jedi. Don't have them show up, Grogu doesn't go with them, and then we never see that Jedi again. That would be annoying and frustrating as hell (to me). Spin them off on their own show, I hear that's all the rage at the moment. Have them go and search for Luke or something; have them try and start their own order.

Or yeah, have this new Jedi join the show. Din would probably be thinking, "This is getting out of hand! Now there are two them!" I already got pushed to the backseat because of the little guy, now what am I doing, running along outside? And I bet Favreau's got a dozen guest stars lined up. Why am I even in this show? Where's my agent? I'm gonna go talk to Grace Randolph about this.

9. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    I'd imagine it is because, regardless of his choice, she has her own thing going on right now and wouldn't want to be the one to train him even if he does decide that he wants training.

10. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Luke or riot.

But I wouldn't put it past them to bring in Ezra.

They already referenced so many things from other media and the EU, including Thrawn and Ahsoka's search for him, that bringing Ezra Bridger wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

I still want Luke though.

11. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    I still say, on the list of potential candidates that he could have contacted, Ezra is at the absolute bottom of my list. It just seems silly to me to think that Ahsoka (who is very familiar with the Seeing Stone) wouldn't have used it very early on in her quest to see if she could make a connection with Ezra that way, and I'd imagine that he was probably totally unresponsive, since she obviously still has no idea where he is by the time she meets Din.

I wouldn't be shocked if, somewhere in a notebook, Filoni has a little writeup on Ahsoka's visit to the Seeing Stone, like her Bendu encounter.

12. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    That is a very good point, one that I didn't even think about. Here is something that I've been pondering. In the Thrawn Treason Novel one of the Skywalker's named Vah'nya was considered very unique (at least to Thrawn and the Chiss it seems) because she was not only able to retain her Third Sight abilities, but also had Second sight abilities as well which was considered rather rare. She was 22 and from what they explained in the book she should have lost those abilities by then.

So it got me wondering, is she getting someone secret training? And if so, by whom? Treason on the timeline happens within a matter of days before Thrawn and Ezra disappeared in Rebels, so what if She answers the call from Grogu? She would be about 34ish I think by now?

13. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    No, I know why she didn't go, I was just making a joke about it.

Anyway, since there is now a canon version of Tython, and I love the way the ruins look. I think it's perfect.

But since this is now Tython, I think a canon version of the Je'daii would be a perfect compliment to it. And it would be nice if that's where they're headed.

And I'm picturing Shaolin Monks, and the Shaolin Monastery/Temple. And the Je'daii as Je'daii Monks, Dai Bendu, that sort of thing, modeled after Shaolin Monks.

And this is an easy workaround for why they weren't involved in anything, or in any of the movies. This order of Jedi, or Je'daii, go back over 30,000 BBY, you can say that, keep that aspect. And go with that they're orthodox monks and behave in that manner. Say Grogu may symbolize something important in the order and that's what draws them out. And once out, their neutrality or isolationist existence is compromised.

Grogu may or may not go with them, but you now have a catalyst for a series. Call it The Je'daii.

You don't need Luke, don't need any existing Jedi. You have the Je'daii.

14. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I am actually really confused as to why people think Ezra will show up. I assumed the reason why Ahsoka was looking for thrawn is also to find Ezra, so why is there this believe he is just gonna turn up in this show? as Jedi who heard the call and decided its time to reveal himself? i just find that a strange choice.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I agree it won’t be Ezra. I think it will be a new character or Luke although I would like it to be Quinlan

16. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    my 3 are
    1) Luke
    2) Quinlan Vos
    3) Ezra

I don't think it will be Cal or Cere, their story won't be restricted by saying they live or die past ANH. Those three are most likely because Luke makes sense and the other two involve Filoni

17. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I honestly believe it will be Ahsoka.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    No it wouldn’t be the same character especially after that character refused

19. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    I used to want the show to remain more in the grounded side of non-mystical people but since the show is headed there: bring on Luke. I’d like to see him slice up Dark Troopers like the prequel Jedi did to battle droids and then see him own Gideon in a duel. Luke in his prime

20. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I guess if Favreau wanted to go all in with the video game theme he could bring in Kyle Katarn considering the Dark troopers were brought back. He's a good guy, that Kyle Katarn. They could justify it by saying he was running clandestine ops for the Rebellion the whole time while Luke and Leia were in the Rebel limelight. Maybe he should be #4 on my list.

21. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    Kyle Katarn is my fanboy top choice by far...

Awushi Awere likes this.
  22. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Id be down for Cal Kestis

Jedi Knight Fett and GregMcP like this.
  23. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    How would you want them to handle the Jedi?

1. Grogu permanently stays with the Jedi.

2. Grogu goes away with the Jedi, trains off-screen and comes back to Mando later in season 3.

3. The Jedi travels with Mando and Grogu.

4. Grogu stays with Mando but there are episodes where they visit the Jedi and do training and Jedi stuff.

RetropME and Master Cado Afu like this.
  24. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    If some random actor turns up and...
    "Who are you?"
    "My name is Luke Skywalker."
    Theme and Credits....

No CG. They do an Ehrenreich.

Will you be upset or accept it?

The upside is that Luke becomes someone you can see in the TV shows.
    The downside is that it's not Mark Hamill.

25. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    As long as its Sebastian Stan (or some other actor who looks similar to Mark and also knows how to act) I'll be okay with it.

Bit of CGI to make him look even more as young Mark Hamill wouldn't hurt either.