main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I'm really torn about this one. I could see the case for Luke, but I do think Ezra showing up makes a lot of sense as well.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I have also grown with the idea of it being someone new

3. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    I think next weeks episode will be busting Mayfeld out of prison and gathering allies.Then the finale will be rescuing Grogu.Wonder if Cara Dune will help bust Mayfeld out of prison since she is part of the new republic.They just started liking Mando and it seems all of that will now change.

TadoFett likes this.
  4. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I highly doubt that it will be Luke. I suppose Ezra is a possibility, but there is supposed to be an Ezra/Thrawn series in development. I have a feeling that they’ll save Ezra for that. I think it will either be someone completely new, or someone that we’ve seen before, but only in the background. Think Hera in the Ryloth arc.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Hera wasn’t in that arc actually

6. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I’m really bummed about the razor crest.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  7. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    List is pretty small when compared to whom Ahsoka has shaked hands with.

Jedi Merkurian and HanTano like this.
  8. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I went back and was looking at some of the chapters from the "Treason" book and focused on some of the conversations about Vah'nya and how many of the Chiss found her unique in that she was able to retain her Third Sight and have Second sight beyond the years most Skywalkers. So it got me thinking, did Vah'nya get some extra training and if so, by whom?

TadoFett likes this.
  9. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Jabba
    Vader
    Bossk
    Dengar
    Dooku
    Ventress
    Quinlan Vos
    Black Krrsantan
    R2-D2
    C-3PO

He pretty much met everyone.

10. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I personally hope that it's Luke, if for no other reason than I need to see a post-ROTJ Luke that is badass. Whether they CGI up Mark Hamill and just have him provide the voice or if they use Sabastian Stan to play the character makes no difference to me.

whostheBossk and TadoFett like this.
  11. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    Prediction:
    When Grogu reached out looking for another Jedi on the Seeing Stone, he ended up contacting Ezra, who's still stranded in the Unknown Regions with Thrawn.
    Their connection allows the latter to pinpoint the former's location so that he is able to effectively navigate through the treacherous space of the UR.
    When Mando and his allies are on their mission to rescue Baby Yoda from Gideon, what interrupts the skirmish is Thrawn and Ezra emerging from hyperspace. Why they are there is anyone's guess, as it's only teased what they're true intentions are and how they've changed since being stranded in the UR. Whatever it is, it ends up building massive hype seeing two characters from the animated series brought over from live-action like the Darksaber reveal at the end of Season 1.

12. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I really hope that they consult with Timothy Zhan, however they decide to use Thrawn. After reading the new Thrawn novels, I think it's safe to say that he isn't an evil villain that's hell bent on galactic conquest. I'd like to see him continue to have a focus on defeating the Grysk and trying to use Imperial (or maybe New Republic) resources in that effort. It makes me a little worried that Timothy Zhan has not been spoken to at all about Thrawn by Lucasiflm in relation to his appearance in live action, at least from what he said last week on Facebook.

13. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    While it seems like a safe bet I’m wondering if the rescue will actually be two episodes. I’m not sure if you could realistically wrap it up in one but I almost want it to and have the finale be something different. Won’t be disappointed if it is a two parter but I’m curious.

My prediction is still that the child will still be the first to see Mando without his helmet since taking the creed. The final scenes will be Mando accepting that he is this child’s father and they belong together.

How do people think the rescue is going to play out? I think a Gideon v Mando clash is a given but I’m not entirely sure I want Gideon to lose. Obviously I want the rescue part of the operation to be a success but I feel like Mando needs to suffer a proper defeat as well to set the stakes for next season. Not sure how you’d balance all that but I don’t want this to be an obvious win from the get go. Our main characters need to be challenged.

People seem to think we’re heading down a Magnificent Seven route so we obviously need a crack team to achieve this. I don’t think Cara or Greef will be a part of it. Greef seems very focused on setting up Nevarro and while I think Cara will be happy to bend the rules to help Mando locate an inmate I’m not sure she’s going to go as far as assist in the break out of an NR prisoner.

So that leaves three spots after Mando, Fennec, Fett and Mayfeld. I think you need Bo Katan involved in any resolution involving Gideon so potentially her and the two others from episode 3? I’d really...reeeeeaaaally like to see Cob Vanth back but I think he’s unlikely as is Ahsoka. The possibilities are really wild. I hope it’s only Mayfeld though and not Xi’an and Burg.

Oh god. If, and it is a big IF, they brought Ashoka back for the rescue...wouldn’t it be cool if she brought a certain Captain with her. The absolute scenes of possibly seeing Mando, Boba, Rex and Bo Katan all guns blazing together would be *chefs kiss*. Is that too much? Almost feels like a kid chucking his action figures together in weird and wonderful combinations.

Speaking of which - unless Mayfeld is a bait and switch I think we can ignore any interviews where actors say they aren’t returning. I distinctly remember Burr saying he wasn’t in season 2 and yet here we are. Again this opens up a lot of opportunities.

Jedi Merkurian and TadoFett like this.
  14. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    The last thing leaked that we haven't seen so far is the
    possibly Beskar-clad Stormtrooper Tank Commander.

15. Vader Bob

Vader Bob Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2020
    I don’t think we’re going to see the Jedi this season. Regardless of who the character is they’re not going to cast him or her with any old rando. If we haven’t heard by now I don’t think it’s going to happen yet.

16. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    @AndrewPascoe I don’t know if it was ever confirmed or not, but I seem to recall a rumour that Rex was supposed to appear in this season. Because yeah, Mando, Boba, Ahsoka, Rex and Bo-Katan kicking Imperial ass would own so hard.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  17. Vader Bob

Jun 8, 2020
    I think it was more speculation as to whether Morrison was going to play Boba or Rex.

18. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I feel like Gideon either has to win or some other bigger bad will appear to deliver Din’s beat down. And Giancarlo Esposito’s interviews make me think Gideon himself will deliver the beat down.

I’ve two thoughts about what major personal loss he’ll suffer himself, as opposed to the possibility of still being separated from Grogu at the end of the season.

The first is him losing his armor to Gideon. Given the Watch’ emphasis on how important the armor and helmet are to the identity, he’ll then feel stripped of his very soul.

The second is based off a bit of dialogue I just noticed on a rewatch from Gideon tainting Grogu: “You’ll put your eye out.”

I fear for Din’s eyes a bit now... or Gideon’s.

19. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I think it would be interesting if the Mando is briefly captured, and even possibly forced to remove his helmet by Gideon.
    His character arc really seems to be building towards him choosing a more moderate path, but I don't see him abandoning the Watch without a major event like that forcing him to choose another path.

@godisawesome also makes an excellent case for this possibility, since it would be an enormous personal loss for him, and a defining moment for the series.

20. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    Gideon takes his helmet off only for him to have another one on

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Nothing but helmet

cwustudent and TadoFett like this.
  22. Vader Bob

Jun 8, 2020
    Gideon already knows who Mando really is. I’m not sure if that lessons the impact of having to to remove his helmet but it’s something I don’t think they can go much longer without addressing. Especially if they find themselves in front of each other. I’m really leaning toward Gideon being a former Jedi and the one that removed Grogu from the temple at this point. He obviously has a back history that includes him being witness to Grogu’s force proficiency.

Jedi Merkurian and cwustudent like this.
  23. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, all these cameos ruin good shows. Din has been overshadowed these past few weeks, and has basically been made irrelevant now that he has teamed up with Boba Fett. Season One was phenomenal. Season Two has been a huge let down, and nothing but fan service crap.

24. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I’m half thinking Grogu will kill Gideon and the season will end with us wondering if he’ll go to the dark side. Also after Gideon dies we’ll get a quick scene introducing Thrawn to the audience and then cut to credits. The crowd goes nuts!

Also I kinda like the idea that Mando has spent all this time trying to get Grogu to the Jedi and then season three is about Mando trying to keep Grogu hidden from the Jedi who see him as a potential new threat because they sense that he’s turning to the dark side. Probably won’t happen though.

Lastly I kinda like the idea of Mando training Grogu on some basic level even though he’s not a Jedi. Historically parents send their kids off to train as Jedi which is kinda messed up. Might be cool to see a parent, Mando, personally train his son.

DannyD likes this.
  25. Kowakian Kebab

Kowakian Kebab Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 5, 2020
    I like how this week showed the relationship between Grogu and Din growing when Din was saying his name and giggling. There was also the part where he unitentionally scared Grogu and was instantly reassuring to him, telling him he hadn't done anything wrong. Din is becoming less the lone bounty hunter and more the family protector and I think the destruction of the Razor Crest, which effectively is a one man ship, was a visual cue in that direction. He can't be alone in what he's tasked to do and needs others on board to help, which is exactly what happened this episode.

I'm also thinking that sooner or later as Din leaves more of his old beliefs or codes behind he will end up taking the helmet off, and it will be for Grogu. I'm fairly certain he will end up taking Grogu on as that does seem to be the path Din is travelling, from Death Watch to Protector. He's become so attached to Grogu it actually left him vulnerable. He got knocked clean out trying to reach past the force for Grogu and wasn't at his best in that firefight, he looked really unsteady and got shot to bits. If it had't been for Boba and Fenn I don't think he'd have survived.

I liked how this was an echo from last week, when it was Grogu's attachment to Din that meant 'the nice lady' wouldn't take him for training, becuase it would leave him vulnerable. When you see the similarities they have in their lives, hidden in the dark for safety, doors open to a droid wanting to kill you, being saved by what is a kooky sect of Mandalorians who have a policy of either finding a young one's parents or taking on their upbringing themselves, there's a lot of natural empathy between the pair of them. So while the Jedi would say attachment is a no no, and the Mandalorians hardly seem the most emotional type, I like how a powerful force user and a Mandalorian have that attachment to each other and look like they actually need that emotional connection to develop.