main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Arcs that were not

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 16, 2014.

Tags:
?

Which unfinished story arcs would like to see fully animated in the future?

1. Darth Maul – Son of Dathomir

37.8%
  2. The Bounty Hunters arc

40.1%
  3. Ahsoka arc 1 – Ahsoka's Walkabout

21.8%
  4. The Yoda/Kashyyyk arc

23.7%
  5. Mon Cala arc

15.3%
  6. Ahsoka arc 2 – Ahsoka's Return to the Jedi

28.6%
  7. Dark Disciple

32.1%
  8. Rex and R2-D2 arc

17.6%
  9. The Siege of Mandalore

53.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014
    Thanks a lot!

2. GeneralSkywalker501

GeneralSkywalker501 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 22, 2020
    Seeing Boba’s armor makes me want to see how he got it in the first place!

Maybe after Mandalorian Season 2 they plan on having a Disney+ animated special to finish the Boba Fett vs Cad Bane arc, this will show general audiences how he got the armor and killed legendary bounty hunter, Cad Bane!

3. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    I feel like now would be the perfect time for them to finish the Boba/Cad Bane arc especially since Tuskens were featured as well.

4. StardustSoldier

StardustSoldier Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 24, 2019
    Agreed. I'm not at all averse to novels or comic books in general, but in this case it did bug me that Dark Disciple and Son of Dathomir were released in different media formats. Of course, I would still happily take that over no release at all; at least we still got to experience those stories. But since they were originally meant to be animated, I wish they'd remained that way. I would've loved to have seen what the original versions would've been like.

5. GeneralSkywalker501

Mar 22, 2020
    I’ve been rewatching the “Crystal Crisis” story reels, in my opinion it’s kind of ridiculous they haven’t been finished.

Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Grievous already have their Season 7 models.

The Battle Droids, Security Battle Droids, Magna guards, etc all have models.

For the episode, “The Big Bang” The Separatist fleet and Separatist Support Ship are already modeled. Even in the Inside for the Support Ship’s case.

The giant green Kyber Crystal has been modeled and even appeared in “Star Wars Rebels”.

The outside of the Sugi outpost also is modeled and is reused on Lothal on “Rebels”.

There is some model sheets for these 4 episodes, meaning more modeling has been done.

The “Bad Batch” arc was in the same state as “Crystal Crisis”. Why couldn’t they have managed to finish these 4 episodes that were already far into production?

We would have saw Anakin’s reaction to Ahsoka’s departure, Grievous actually kicking ass, the world-building of Utapau, and Anakin and Obi-Wan having one final major adventure before Episode 3.

These 4 episodes are too far done to be left behind and forgotten. Besides LucasFilm took them off Star Wars.com

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  6. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Indeed! These episodes are so good, I wish they'd animated them immediately for The Lost Missions. Should've been the first arc with Anakin after Ahsoka's expulsion, not the chips arc. We the audience needed to deal with Ahsoka's absence as much as Anakin.

7. GeneralSkywalker501

Mar 22, 2020
    I know right! When my brothers and I first watched Season 6, we were confused why they moved on so quickly from Ahsoka leaving!

8. GeneralSkywalker501

Mar 22, 2020
    I’ve noticed Disney has taken a lot of “Crystal Crisis” videos down for copyright.

And “Crystal Crisis” isn’t on Star Wars.com anymore either.

Is Disney and LucasFilm trying to erase this arc from history so they don’t have to animate it? Or do they have secret plans to finish it? Remember this arc is officially CANON.

This arc is pretty standalone and can easily work as a 4 episode special or 1 movie on Disney+

What are your thoughts? It just seems weird, these episodes are almost done and are amazing!

9. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    They are available on the Lost Missions release, so it is not like they can erase it.

GeneralSkywalker501 likes this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    To be fair even thought the CC arc was free on SW.com it was still piracy to upload them and well within their rights to copyright strike the uploads elsewhere on the internet.

it’s a shame they aren’t really available anywhere anymore. Neither are the original Bad Batch arc.

11. Othon

Othon Jedi Knight

Jul 9, 2020
    Yeah Crystal Crisis and the Bounty Hunter arc were both about ready to be animated like Bad Batch and Ahsoka's Walkabout. For some reason they could only get 12 episodes out for the seventh season instead of 20.

12. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    If I had to guess, the reason that "Crystal Crisis" was never finished but "Bad Batch" was is because Rebels also covered the Death Star Kyber Crystal ground in its episode "In the Name of the Rebellion," and with Star Wars: The Bad Batch on the horizon for 2021 getting those characters out there in the public in TCW before launching their spinoff series was probably the smartest idea.

Also, speaking of unfinished arcs, I am not at all a person that really digs into the expanded universe (old or new), but I am currently reading Dark Disciple because it is adapted from a series of TCW scripts. I'm going to have to check out Son of Dathomir, too.

The arc with the Sith Temple underneath the Coruscant Jedi Temple is one that absolutely fascinates me, especially the way that Filoni has described it in various panels. Obviously there's no way to bring it to life in its original iteration now (even if they wanted to do it as a book or a comic, the changes made to the version of "Ahsoka's Walkabout" that we got in the final season of TCW don't leave any room between that arc and "The Siege of Mandalore") I would love to see the idea of that Sith Temple revisited in another story set during another point in the timeline.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  13. Othon

Othon Jedi Knight

Jul 9, 2020
    The Sith Shrine arc not being made might be because of the explanation you gave for them not doing the Crystal Crisis arc. Seemingly a number of ideas from that aborted arc made their way into finales of seasons 2 and 4 of Rebels, with the underground Sith Temple on Malachor and the brief confrontation between Sidious and Ahsoka.

But also I think that arc would've helped solidify Anakin's disillusionment with the Jedi to see Ahsoka return with good intentions and for them to not trust her. The little argument she has with Obi Wan at the beginning of Siege of Mandalore was trying to achieve that but it wasn't enough, they should've spent a whole arc with Ahsoka and Anakin reuniting and him seeing Mace and the Jedi being jerks to her because she's no longer one of them. Primarily Mace because if I recall correctly Yoda went missing in this arc which probably meant he was in charge of the Jedi in the meantime, and we all know how he treated "citizen" Ahsoka in Siege of Mandalore.

14. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    I just finished reading Dark Disciple.

"I'm proud of you for . . . what you did over there. You chose loving me instead of hating him."

I really loved this line from Asajj, right before she passed. Very poignant, and drew my mind immediately to The Last Jedi when Rose said to Finn:

"That's how we're gonna win. Not by fighting what we hate. Saving what we love."

Which, of course, can be traced back to a quote from Irvin Kershner while working on The Empire Strikes Back.

This idea is perhaps best embodied in the Star Wars saga when Luke casts aside his lightsaber in Return of the Jedi and refuses to fight his father. Ahsoka does the same in The Clone Wars at the end of "The Siege of Mandalore" arc, when she refuses to kill the Clones under her command even after Order 66 had been initiated.

This philosophy, however it is worded or enacted, is one of the core ideologies that I find to be so absolutely fascinating in Star Wars as a whole, and seeing it applied here is an incredibly fitting note to end this particular narrative on. While the Jedi of this era are losing their way and sending one of their own off to commit an act so heinous as assassination, there exist beacons of light that do point towards a better tomorrow, which we do ultimately see realized come into fruition thanks to the selfless acts of the heroes that come after. I would have loved to have seen this arc properly animated and released as episodes of The Clone Wars, though I am glad that it exists in this fashion rather than not exist at all.

Also, Katie Lucas' introduction and her comments about working on the show, and about her father, were all very sweet.

15. GeneralSkywalker501

Mar 22, 2020
    Good point! Completely slipped my mind about its inclusion in the Lost Missions release.

Still as Jedi Knight Fett says, it is within Disney/LucasFilm’s right to take down videos. I agree that these episodes should be made more available!

I think Disney/LucasFilm would think it’s unprofessional to release unfinished story reels on Disney+ as bonus content without being fully animated.

Othon’s statement about “Crystal Crisis” and the “Bounty Hunters” being close to completion is very true! It’s a tragedy at least these two won’t be finished, because they were in the same state as “Ahsoka’s Walkabout” and “Bad Batch”. Money would be wasted on these episodes if they don’t finish the work they put in.

I know I’m just rambling, but it sucks this may be it for Clone Wars, it had a great run! But even if we get some of these arcs finished, it could be till 2028 (Clone Wars’ 20th anniversary) when we get them. However this is better than never, I’d still be hyped!

I pray that the “Bad Batch” TV show uses the “Kashyyyk” arc as the series opener, I’d be so perfect!!!

16. StardustSoldier

StardustSoldier Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 24, 2019
    ^Agreed. More generally, I do wonder if some of the lost Clone Wars arcs might be reincorporated into the Bad Batch series. That would be pretty cool if so.

17. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    I could theoretically see them exploring the Sith Temple underneath Coruscant's Jedi Temple there, since we're dealing with early days Empire and any artifacts buried beneath would surely be of interest to Palpatine.

We still have no idea whether the Bad Batch were affected by Order 66 or not, but if they were and they start off as Imperial Commandos, then they could be the ones sent down there to investigate.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think learning the fate of Cad Bane and other hunters will likely happen in Bad Batch as they’ll be in the business themselves

19. GeneralSkywalker501

Mar 22, 2020
    Have there been any leaks other than the possibility of Rex, Ahsoka, Wolfe, Gregor, and Cody? I don’t think I’ve heard anything since the announcement, but Boba Fett and Cad Bane would be awesome!

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Not that I am aware of other than people deducing that the show will come out in April or around then of 2021

21. GeneralSkywalker501

Mar 22, 2020
    Yeah I remember some people thinking early 2021, that would be great!

That probably means we will get a trailer in January or February, which is a little bit of a wait, but imagine seeing Kashyyyk in the trailer! That’d be awesome!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  22. Othon

Othon Jedi Knight

Jul 9, 2020
    They did produce quite a bit of concept art for the Kashyyyk arc and the Bad Batch show has the same art style as TCW so they might as well use those assets. And Season 7 of Clone Wars already changed the timeline so all the arcs took place during the Outer Rim Sieges, they could easily have Clone Force 99's mission to Kashyyyk overlap with the battle we see in Revenge of the Sith, thus leading into Order 66. They'll want to start the show with a bang and Kashyyyk is a major location in ROTS that people will recognize and be hyped about. If Yoda and Chewie are in the mix too it just adds to the excitement. And that could be a trend throughout the show, have the Bad Batch meet various clones and Jedi from TCW and have them return to some familiar locations too.

And on the subject of adapting existing unmade Clone Wars stories, Brent Friedman said the Captain Rex arc with R2 were his best episodes, but Rex is still around after Order 66 so they could retool that story for Bad Batch too. Outside of those arcs I'm not sure if they could adapt any others. We know so little about the Yuuzhan Vong one that they could make a story about clones being abducted to assess the Republic/Empire's strength but I'm doubtful. If Ahsoka makes an appearance though they could loosely adapt the Sith Shrine arc like bstnsx704 said, have her return to Coruscant and the Jedi Temple after Siege of Mandalore and uncover what happened there. Either way it'd be nice to see Coruscant in the show, maybe Rex goes back there, finds Wolffe and Gregor at the Republic Military HQ and convinces them to desert?

23. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    I just read Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir. So I have now read both pieces of "Legacy" TCW content. Like Dark Disciple, while I do wish that this had been able to get animated as was originally intended, I am very glad that the story is out there to experience in this fashion. It does make for a very good bridge to bring together the ending of Maul's season five arc lead into where he is when we reconnect with him in season seven.

Sidious' final comments about Maul being out of the picture ultimately ring true, as we know that despite the many ways his life spirals after the ending of the Clone Wars and the fall of the Republic, the rest of his life is a futile attempt at revenge that ends for him with nothing accomplished as he dies in Obi-Wan's arms on Tatooine.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  24. GeneralSkywalker501

Mar 22, 2020
    Boba Fett finally revealed more details about the origin of his armor! It was his father’s armor!

This can’t be a simple retcon, Dave Filoni is involved and has been vocal about it being George Lucas’ decision of blowing up Jango’s helmet in the Clone Wars.

Either the helmet is new, and the rest was from Jango; or all of the armor was an older version Jango Fett used before he upgraded.

Perhaps Aurra Sing, Hondo, or Cad Bane gave him his father’s armor as a gift!

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  25. GeneralSkywalker501

Mar 22, 2020
    Oh yeah, Boba Fett in this episode said the armor was given to him 25 years ago, Boba is 41 in the show.

41 - 25 = 16

Boba Fett was 13 the day he shot Cad Bane. Do I smell a retcon?!

But wait! There’s hope!

Ventress in Dark Disciple describes Boba as being in his late teens. 16 is late teens!

Daniel Logan was 13 in AOTC, maybe they kept that age for Boba in AOTC instead of 10 so he could be 16 by 19 BBY?

Dave Filoni, you’re our only hope!

(UPDATE) I’ve asked Daniel Logan on Twitter about the origins of the armor from the unfinished episodes, I want to see if anything was changed with its origins in the Mandalorian. Hopefully Daniel Logan replies back with an answer! Fingers crossed!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    The Shadow Emperor likes this.