main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Mad Max Franchise (Now: Furiosa)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Adam of Nuchtern, Jul 27, 2014.

1. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Agreed.

2. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    [​IMG]

3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

Hopefully, and despite the film being "an important part of American culture", Hardy will actually sound Australian this time out?

Gamiel likes this.
  4. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Points deducted for superfluous comma.

5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Fury Road, no CGI.

Darth__Lobot and soitscometothis like this.
  7. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Just found this interesting.

BigAl6ft6 and Rebel_Padawan like this.
  8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Caught Fury Road on the cable in a hotel about 2 weeks ago, tuned in right about when the crazy dude with the two pistols got blinded that bit is genius.

10. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    BigAl6ft6 and Count Yubnub like this.
  11. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    It might be the best action movie I've ever watched.

12. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    I don't often venture out into the non-Star Wars sections here but man... this is absolutely devastating to hear. "You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome." Rest in peace.

13. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Everything he does in those movies is so gloriously awful, it's fantastic. "DO NOT BECOME ADDICTED TO WATER!"

Bor Mullet and Jordan1Kenobi like this.
  14. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    He was also a recurring character on Farscape, played Grunchik.

15. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    ‘Mad Max’ Spinoff ‘Furiosa’ A Go At Warners With George Miller Directing & Anya Taylor-Joy In Title Role; Chris Hemsworth & Yahya Abdul-Mateen II Along For Ride

https://deadline.com/2020/10/furios...r-anya-taylor-joy-chris-hemsworth-1234596503/

---

New Mad Max movie starring Chris Hemsworth to be biggest film made in NSW

[​IMG]
    Chris Hemsworth said every actor he knows wants to work in Australia right now.(AAP: Mick Tsikas)

[​IMG]
    Producer Doug Mitchell, actor Chris Hemsworth and director George Miller speak at Fox Studios in Sydney.(AAP: Mick Tsikas)

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04...chris-hemsworth-to-be-filmed-in-nsw/100077950

---

Unless I missed something, I haven't seen any threads talking about the upcoming Furiosa film from George Miller, so I just posted a couple of the most important bits of news from the last couple months. Among other things, Junkie XL is returning to score the film.

I cannot wait for this. Furiosa is probably my most anticipated upcoming film, alongside Robert Eggers' The Northman (which, funny enough, also happens to star Anya Taylor-Joy).

George Miller is a truly phenomenal action director, and like George Lucas, I admire his mythic storytelling qualities. Like Lucas' Star Wars, Miller's Mad Max outings embody philosophies of Jospeh Campbell, but Miller is less interested in a strict continuity and his installments (particularly the three sequels) all play very loosely as sequels, instead prioritizing their ability to feel like legends or campfire stories passed down from generation to generation about this hero Max that wanders – and then retreats back into – the Wasteland that helped when nobody else would.

I cannot wait to see what he does now with a younger Furiosa in the focal role in this "Saga" of a film, as he described above; I adored the Charlize Theron incarnation in the previous film. And it is fitting to see the franchise return back home to Australia, after having to shift gears to South Africa to shoot Fury Road – which is probably tied with Jonathan Glazer's Under the Skin as my favorite film of the previous decade.

Bring on Furiosa. :cool:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  16. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Why Hemsworth, though? Hopefully it’ll be one of those surprisingly genius casting moves, but I don’t know...

3sm1r likes this.
  17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I hope he plays the villain

Barriss_Coffee and bstnsx704 like this.
  18. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    I hope for the very same. It would be against type for him, which I am all for.

Also, unrelated, but I very much hope that we get Bruce Spence in this movie as a pilot with no relation to The Road Warrior's Gyro Captain or Beyond Thunderdome's Jebediah the Pilot.

Bor Mullet and Gamiel like this.
  19. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Full video of today's conference:

20. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    That conference is largely local politicians doing their politician thing.
    Seeing the Premier of New South Wales fangirling over meeting Christopher Hemsworth is kind of amusing.

21. Kiki Jinn

Kiki Jinn Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2020
    I’ve always liked the Mad Max movies and absolutely adored the last one so I’m really looking forward to this.

bstnsx704 likes this.
  22. grd4

grd4 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2013
    Considering that the Indy trilogy fits more into the adventure subgenre, yeah, I'd say Fury Road stands alongside Aliens as the finest action film ever made.

George Miller can do no wrong; I'm anticipating Furiosa more than any other movie on the horizon.

Bor Mullet and 3sm1r like this.
  23. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Anya Taylor-Joy and Charlize Theron are both great choices to embody the character. I'm hoping since he's saying it's spanning "decades" we can get Charlize at some point too and they're just keeping it under wraps. Taylor-Joy is no slouch either though.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    Count Yubnub likes this.
  24. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
  25. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    [​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.