main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Darth Vader in Kenobi Series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RX_Sith, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    If they meet, it has to be a loss for Vader. Yes, an inconclusive draw is still a loss for Vader, as his only motivation in meeting Obi-Wan is to exact his revenge and kill Obi-Wan. If Vader fails to do in meetings prior to ANH, those are all losses for him. Not to mention if he cannot beat Obi-Wan until Obi-Wan is old and decrepit, it goes against the notion of Vader being this ultra-powerful Sith Lord. And this is all in addition to disrupting the events of ANH. Causing issues with continuity.

2. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Please no. The more he's used (Rebels, Rogue One, Jedi: Fallen Order), the more his strength as a character is diluted.

3. Vader Bob

Vader Bob Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2020
    I thought he was great in all of those.

Shamear, themoth, Blobofat and 2 others like this.
  4. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I suppose there is only so many times you can do the same thing with Vader. he mostly appears as the main boss so people know **** just got real. but there is also the issue of over-analyzing him and losing that menace.

Vader Immortal is probably the biggest look into Vader beyond the comics or books.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    Mostly Handless likes this.
  5. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    The other part of not wanting Vader to appear, aside from overuse or continuity issues, is in voicing him. James Earl Jones won't be able to voice him forever. If you listen to his voice in Rogue One, you can hear the age in Jones' voice. And as far as I'm concerned, no one other than Jones should ever voice Vader. Vader in his prime wouldn't feel right with an old man's voice. It pains me to say this, but it may be time to retire Vader from appearing anymore.

6. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    They probably won't retire Vader.

Shamear likes this.
  7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think they may soon recast the voice actor for Darth Vader, and there's a few who sound like James Earl Jones.

8. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    They will recast when James Earl Jones can no longer voice Vader. if they were gonna recast it would have been some time ago, but nostalgically people want James Earl Jones to voice Vader.

He is 89 years old. he voiced Vader in Rebels, Rogue and TROS only a few years ago. i suspect that if they didn't recast previously. they won't recast now unless they have no choice.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    Shamear and Princess_Tina like this.
  9. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    I'm sure they won't retire Vader. It was from my own point of view in that Jones is the only voice for Vader. Without Jones, there is no Vader.

DarthKegs likes this.
  10. Vader Bob

Vader Bob Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2020
    I don't need for him to be central to whatever show but (for me) he absolutely should have a presence in anything that is timeline appropriate and touches on story lines he'd be relevant to. Even if it's just alluding to him here or there... an occasional shadowy appearance... he just looms so large over that period that keeping him out would seem more forced than incorporating him.

11. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    He was. Disney have used Vader extremely well.

Vader Bob and Shamear like this.
  12. DarthKegs

DarthKegs Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 21, 2019
    You would like to think Disney have used some foresight and had JEJ into the voice booth for a couple of weeks recording many different dialogue's for potential future use. I'm sure with todays (and tomorrows) technology the sound engineers could take previously recorded words/sentence's and use them effectively for any Vader appearance's in future SW projects.

13. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    They probably ain't thinking that far ahead.

14. DarthKegs

DarthKegs Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 21, 2019
    They'd better start thinking ahead soon then as replacing JEJ's voice is going to be no easy task.

cwustudent and Kole like this.
  15. Vader trying to find his master make sense but if he show up in Tatooine that will break the lore in many ways

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2020
    Shamear, Erkan12 and Django Fett like this.
  16. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Rebels Vader is my favourite Vader outside the four live action movies (III-VI). Yes, the scenes featuring him in R1 are cool, but I find his portrayal in Rebels just tops it.

cwustudent likes this.
  17. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    With Vader it really is less is more.

You use him sparingly, Kenobi has mission on Ahch-To to retrieve something from the first-ish Jedi Temple, he leaves and Vader arrives, missing each other by seconds. And it's that kind of situation repeated, then you have the Anakin moments when he's out of the mask and he's meditating, trying to reach out to his former masters. That's what I'd like to see, I'm sure they could come up with some fresh and new adversaries for Obi-Wan to battle. You can have Inquisitors, Sith Acolytes, former Jedi that are now Dark Jedi...you can even bring back Asajj Ventress.

Mostly Handless and Vader Bob like this.
  18. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    Oh, yes please! Way too good of an opportunity to pass up :cool: Just make sure it's whoever filled out his body in Rogue One - They were perfect!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I still don’t want Vader it doesn’t make sense IMO.

Darth Chuck Norris likes this.
  20. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    My guess is the point of having Vader appear will be to have Obi-Wan realize that Anakin survived Mustafar. There's no indication in ROTS that he's aware of this, so it would make sense that he assumes he burned to death.
    I don't think the two will meet, but Obi-Wan might come across Imperial propaganda or a newscast where Darth Vader is shown and named.

21. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    People forgetting Matt Sloan and Scott Lawrence exist? Vader will not be retired

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    No I am fine with Vader I just don’t want him appearing in the flesh in the show. Maybe over a hologram.

Deliveranze likes this.
  23. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    You know what those two have in common? They're not James Earl Jones.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Great but they both do a fantastic job and JEJ isn’t going to be around forever. That’s the great thing about Vader. So long as Star Wars is around someone will be playing Vader.

Look no one beats JEJ but Matt does a bang up job all things considered

darkspine10 and Deliveranze like this.
  25. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    That says it all right there.

cwustudent likes this.