main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Official "The Mandalorian" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Corran1138, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    I am so glad Temuera Derek Morrison back. I loves him as Jango Fett, and he makes Boba badass.

To see Dark Troopers as canon at last, “brings warm feelings fo my heart.”

2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I'm surprised nobody has posted this yet given the title of the show, the revelation about the Fetts, and the way the plot is going.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  3. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Baby Yoda.. ahem.. Grogu throwing Stormtroopers around with the Force and Force Choking them. :p

Bor Mullet likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    He’ll make a good darksider yet

5. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Indeed, the dark side is strong with him. “A powerful Sith he sill become.” (palpys, ROTS) :p

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    In before he becomes a Sith and Palpatine loses another apprentice:p

7. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Or he is the host to help create a New Palpatine Grogu hybrid that has the blood of Palaptine and of Yodaesque Force User. Muwahahahaha!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Because it was a massive element of his character development. The thing he hated most (droids), due to a childhood trauma, is the thing that he has to open himself up to, and the thing that saves him. Character Develoment. This show has it.

ETA. Lol. I just realized that I already responded to this post...

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  9. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I gotta say Chapter 13 and 14 has given me the SW boost I needed. It was exactly what I wanted to see, Ahsoka and Boba, perfection!

SlashMan likes this.
  10. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    seeker_two likes this.
  11. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Query, why does Boba say his armor was his father’s? Jango wore full Beskar armor like Din, that was silver.

Boba’s armor is closer to Jaster Mereel’s armor, the man that trained Jango and made him Foundling.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Because the armor was Jango Boba just painted it

seeker_two likes this.
  13. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Is that in TCW?

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    No. I am just assuming he painted it or something.

15. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    What makes no sense is Din has shown us blaster bolts bounce off Beskar, as do Lightsaber blades, and Boba had blaster hole in his helm, Jango in AOTC doesn’t.

16. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Din has ruined his previous armor plate and previous shoulder plate, Beskar isn't stone cold invincible. Din specified that "at this distance" the beskar held up against Fennec's sniper rifle. There are blasters that are powerful enough to get through Beskar at a certain range, and Boba has a dent, not a hole.

17. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Depends on the blaster caliber? I seem to recall Cad Bane carried heavy blaster pistols.

18. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I must admit, The Mandalorian appears to be the first bit of SW that's been universally loved by most since, well, Star Wars (1977). Everything since 1977, in some shape or form, has been met with a wide (very wide) range of emotions and opinions. The Mandalorian is pretty much loved by most. I think its fair to say that no one seems to outright hate it, at least.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    Huncrweo, Kato Sai and Lee_ like this.
  19. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I think that's a bit overblown. ROTJ's reception isn't nearly divisive as TFA's, which was still at the time clearly a consensus positive, and TLJ (and now TROS) are simply on another level of divisive compared to anything else. Rogue One wasn't really divisive either - it also had a do you like it or love it argument instead of a negative reception from some parts, and to be blunt, I think all fan service arguments can be chalked up to hot air by now.

The PT, while more like what the article is talking about, also had a more clear delineation and consensus than the ST's divisive films, though it might be interesting to point out that they might offer the best explanation for The Mandalorian, the OT and Rogue One's success: The PT has divisive execution, while the ST has divisive concepts and substance... while TM, the OT, and RO have consensus good execution and concepts.

I don't think the fan base is nearly as finicky as the article assumes. Yeah, we can be divided and bicker rather loudly... but it isn't intrinsic to the fandom, and mostly reflects different eras of Star Wars productions' strengths and weaknesses.

20. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Or perhaps Disrupter Blaster, man those pack s punch. Just ask Dash Rendar.

RetropME likes this.
  21. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    lol, I don't know that SW fandom can ever be called "overblown" given the heights (and lows) of tumultuousness reached over the last 40 years. I agree with this post at least in the sense of the divisiveness not being evenly distributed, with some things being far more divisive than others. TPM and TLJ stick out as especially bad (in divisiveness I mean).

But I don't think that is the point- the point is, the fanbase is a persnickety one that is prone to spats, and more so than other fandoms- there is just something about it (I've always said SW fandom is different, but that is a long spiel).

While I would not consider bitter divides to be intrinsic to the fandom (it couldn't be given it didn't happen for Mando), I would say the fandom is especially prone to it- that's the whole point of why Mando is eyepopping; fans aren't fighting or screaming about this content when they usually are.

R1 was pretty well liked, but nothing has gotten anywhere near the universal love that Mando has since the OT; I think that is a worthwhile point that they should consider going forward in ALL Star Wars projects. Winning formulas aren't easy to come by.

22. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    On the contrary, and I say this as someone that absolutely adores The Mandalorian, I hope that not every project is like this. I want to see more projects that reach out in really wild new directions, too. There is so much Star Wars happening at any given time right now. I don't really care if I love every piece of it or not. Even if some of it is bad as a result, I want to see more stuff take some really big swings 'cause when that pays off, you can get something really special as a result.

23. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I was on the fence about Season 2 tell Chapter 13: The Jedi. Now I am hooked.

I sadly am unable to stream the episode with Bo Katan and the Mandos. There is some flaw that had prohibited me from seeing it.

24. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Tbf, that article was written over a year ago and is based on four episodes of Season 1.

I think there's some controversy brewing up now that the show becoming much more connected to previous stuff. When the show was strictly hermitical as in Season 1, there wasn't any point in hating it - if you didn't like it, you could easily ignore it. Now, though, characters other than Din and Grogu are getting more spotlight and the revolving door of established Star Wars celebrities has opened, so there is fuel for the old tribal battles.

They way they handle, or don't handle, Luke could have a big effect on this. There's a powerkeg of emotions surrounding that guy.

Good or bad, it's sure made the series more exciting to follow.

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  25. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    It's near impossible to be not divisive when a franchise have more than 1 movie. There aren't many franchises that can still stay at the top after making more than 3 movies, Hobbit series was ''meh'' to the some LotR followers, and Godfather 3 had a lot of critics, not liked by some, as well as the matrix 2 and 3 were not liked by some etc. etc. Which is why I think MCU did an incredible job so far, but they will also start to decline at some point.

While I like PT, I think it was utopic to expect the Prequel Trilogy to be liked as well as the Original Trilogy movie, that applies to Sequel Trilogy as well, while I think ST could've been far better if they were traditional and if they were loyal to the essence of characters. That's what I like about the mandalorian, they are traditional, and they don't change the characters, just because they feel like it.

However, you can also find the people who find the mandalorian boring or overrated;

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There will be always divided opinions when you've so many movies, tv series and animation series, that's like inevitable.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    Kato Sai likes this.