main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 2.06 - Chapter 14 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Dec 2, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Dec 11, 2020.
  1. 10

31.9%
  2. 9

26.3%
  3. 8

21.3%
  4. 7

11.3%
  5. 6

5.0%
  6. 5

1.9%
  7. 4

1.9%
  8. 3

0.6%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    So at the end of episode 1 of this season your wife didnt ask you why the director framed this random guy for 5 seconds as Mando speeds away on the bike across the desert??

2. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    In the same episode as Fett's return though??? Too convenient. Ive said before, I love Boba Fett....and I was just as excited to see him show up in this show.....but I do not like how they did it. Especially compared to the success of Tano's introduction.

3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Is reality not reality anymore? How is the following "interpretation?" It isn't. It's factually what happened in the story. Boba anticipated Han's "hide among the trash" trick, and then tracked him down. He was the only one to do that.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    Riv_Shiel and aewhistory like this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    They wouldn’t need to casual fans arent stupid they know that whoever that is is important and will be shown later

5. dsjericho

dsjericho Jedi Knight

Mar 2, 2016
    I don't have any attachment to the Razor Crest, so that made sense in that they wouldn't want him chasing them, so blow up the source of the tracking device. All my thoughts on why he rarely seemed to shut or lock the doors immediately became moot. lol

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    He’ll get a cooler ship that isn’t slave one

7. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    In fact, she assumed he wasn't random at all, and would be important to a future episode. He was framed for 5 seconds because he was going to show up and cause trouble later. And she was right. This is what I mean when I complain about super fans not being able to empathize with non-fans. Unable to step into their shoes. Them not knowing that the guy was important in the past (in other movies and shows that they haven't seen) is of absolutely no consequence, because they think he will be important in the future. And, in fact, he was. So having Boba framed there at the end was not inorganic fan service. It was setup for a future episode. Boba in episode 1 was Chekhov's gun, and it fired in episode 6.

8. Christopher Blair

Dec 23, 2015
    I disagree if you are referring to my post. anybody who sees that at the end of an episode would ask there Star Wars fanatic friend or husband who is that?? because it's obviously set up as a tease. Unless they just don't talk after an episode of television

9. Christopher Blair

Dec 23, 2015
    So that's what I'm asking you, you're telling me that you're a wife who knows you're a Super Fan didn't look at you and ask should I know who that guy is, aka is he important? All I'm asking is did y'all have a conversation about it afterwards or Nothing at All?

10. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Didn't you literally type "Not sure many people are saying its better than Ch. 13, which it is clearly not "?

11. BadAcrobat

Apr 20, 2015
    Hopefully its cooler than Slave 1. I really like the Razor Crest though!

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  12. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    And? Not knowing who it is doesn't harm the storytelling at all. They just ask you because they know you're massive geek and might know. ;) Happens to me all the time. Otherwise, they'll just be like "OK, this dude's gonna cause problems later." And they'd be right. The fanservice serves the story. And so it doesn't require being a fan to comprehend or enjoy.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The razor crest was kinda lame if I am being honest

Sarge and Alien Vanguard like this.
  14. BadAcrobat

Apr 20, 2015
    That's my opinion, sorry I should have made that clearer. I would NEVER try and force my opinion on someone, ever, especially where art is concerned., Its entirely subjective. You don't like something I do, i don't give a toss. Vice versa.

15. BadAcrobat

Apr 20, 2015
    Yeah, its not Slave 1. That's for sure. But it had an identity. To The Mandalorian.

16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Here's what happened.

1. She said "Oh crap, a bounty hunter is tracking him. That guy's gonna cause big problems later."
    2. I had a ****-eating grin on my face.
    3. She said "What? Do you know who that is?"
    4. I said "Yes."
    5. She said" "Don't tell me. I don't want it spoiled. Plus, you're about to be annoying. ;)"

And so, in a way, she had a better experience as a non-fan because the mystery is still a mystery.

How is this negative, or an example of fan service being done poorly?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2020
  17. dsjericho

dsjericho Jedi Knight

Mar 2, 2016
    Considering the state it was in, the Razor Crest might've blown up all on its own, anyway. :p

18. Christopher Blair

Dec 23, 2015
    I think you're confusing me with someone else I never said that was fan service, I do think it is fan service to bring Boba Fett back in bubble fit back in general because we all know in the original trilogy he was meant to die in the sarlacc pit, but that goes back to my other argument a couple days ago about death having very little meaning in Star Wars as a whole, because so many characters have been brought back from Leia, to Maul, to the emperor, to fett, to all the force ghost Etc...

They even used a portal/time travel to get Ahsoka out of a jam in Rebels. that goes too far to me because they do it all the time for characters, but that goes more for dramatic tension and cause and effect rather than it does to fanservice.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yea
    Plus Dave Filoni shows have a history of destroying the main ship (TCW and Mandalorian) or in Rebels destroying the second main ship

20. Christopher Blair

Dec 23, 2015
    Once again I think you're confusing me with somebody else I don't think that shot was 2 fanservice. I think bringing somebody back from the dead for the umpteenth time is too much fan service. I think that's why so many people just accepted bo katan one she was a mando and two she didn't already die in a previous movie or TV show

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2020
  21. BadAcrobat

Apr 20, 2015
    Glad he didn't destroy the Ghost. That's a cool ship too!

22. KING_KENOBI

KING_KENOBI Jedi Master star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    There was something about this episode that just fell flat for me.
    I am fairly neutral on Boba Fett but I have seen a lot of fan films on youtube where fett ends up surviving the Sarlacc and goes on being badass.
    This episode felt like one of the worst of those fanfilms,the location and lighting,the hacky screenplay and rushed fights,the saturday morning cartoon vibes,the stormtroopers being nothing and acting like civillians playing paintball.
    It felt kinda embarrassing to watch along with others that just have ever watched this show and did not get anything and felt confused if I am being honest and this is no knock on the ones that liked it.

Sarge likes this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s Robert that’s sorta his style

RetropME and KING_KENOBI like this.
  24. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Good friend of yours this Robert? :p

Darth Smurf and Bor Mullet like this.
  25. KING_KENOBI

KING_KENOBI Jedi Master star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    Of course,it was just a bit jarring compared to the stellar rest of the season,I do not hope this just becomes the Boba Fett show the last episodes of the season.