main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I have been super busy this week, but I finally updated my profile pic :) I also wanted to say that they really didn't expect this trade to go through, because the Wizards have 0 televised games for the first half of the season. The more I think about it the more I like it for Russ. He's reunited with an old coach and he doesn't have to take a step back to a team and fanbase that never welcomed him. I do wonder how DC will receive him. Honestly, since Arenas I don't remember a basketball player getting any attention in this city. Wall and Beal were/are not celebrities' in this town.

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm almost sad you changed your icon/avatar. It was completely on point for 2020.:p

Runjedirun likes this.
  3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Feel like we need a title update for this thread. Anyone got a good suggestion?

All I got is:

A Safe Space for Zionists - The NBA Thread
    The NBA Thread - About to be flipped by Sam Presti for draft picks
    NBA Thread - Where we lol @ the Knicks and WTF @ The Pistons

Runjedirun likes this.
  4. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I bring too many Pistons references already.

How about a Christmas reference?

Christmas Basketball is Back! NBA Basketball
    Wanna Sprite Cranberry? An NBA Christmas thread
    It’s The Thirstiest Time of the Year - An NBA Christmas

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I took my favorite among the proposals. One of the other YJCC mods might decide to change it though.

And I was tempted to put “**** off Fox Regional Sports channels and No Blackouts @ NBATV because anakinfan is not buying cable.”

Or “LOL @ the Hornets...for now. Help us Gordon Hayward you’re our only hope.”

Runjedirun likes this.
  6. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I expect the Hornets to be better if Hayward stays relatively healthy. He’s not a superstar, but he’s a significant addition. They should be able to hang in those 7-10 spots for the play-in games. You gained Hayward, without losing anything other than dead weight.

Washington will be better. Russ has made the playoffs ten out of twelve seasons in the West. The two exceptions are his rookie season and the year KD went down (Russ missed 15 games, too), Russ lead the NBA in ppg and they finished tied for 8th and were eliminated on a tiebreaker.

Chicago is a threat to knock you out of the top ten, but I just don’t believe in them. They’ve stagnated for years. They haven’t made that jump, and idk why I should believe they will now.

There’s always Atlanta, but I’ll believe them when I see them, too. They added a lot, though. Bogdan and Gallinari, plus Rondo and Dunn. They’ve got Capela too, and the youngsters are a year older. They’ll have to add a lot of wins, though.

Knicks don’t look any better.

I think Detroit and Cleveland will battle for the worst record in the NBA.

Everything is subject to COVID, though.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  7. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Yup I agree.
    I look forward to watching this team, I think they can sneak in at 8th-10th, better than last season!
    It's really sad when Austin Rivers and Nerlens Noel are your most recognizable players, but hey at least I recognize the guys they signed this offseason and I do plan to see how they fair, like you say maybe 2 teams will be worse.
    Truth.

Juliet316 likes this.
  8. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    NBA Thread: It's the Most Transactional Time for the Beard

[​IMG]

9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Speaking of the Beard, he's apparently going to strip clubs in Las Vegas instead of reporting to (the already abbreviated) camp with the Rockets, which just makes a trade seem more and more likely. At this point, even if he doesn't get traded, every day missed with a new coach, a new running mate, and new crucial pieces just has an oversized impact on the Rockets season.

LloydChristmas and Runjedirun like this.
  10. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I'm bored. So.

If Houston was willing to trade Russ for Wall and a first, would they have taken Blake? I think Blake is less of an injury concern. Let's call their knees equal. Well, Blake didn't have an achilles injury. Wall is entirely reliant on his speed. Blake doesn't rely on speed, and he has a strength/power game that should hold up. Let's call them even shooters, though I think 18-19 Blake proved himself a better three point shooter than Wall. If they're even shooters, a PF who can shoot just as well as a PG is worth more. Blake also has one less year on his contract.

God dammit. We should have gotten Russ. You want to turn the culture around? Make it all about competition? You want that Pistons edge? Who better than Russ? Why didn't they go after him? I thought they were being aggressive?

That aside.

@tom

Assuming Blake proves himself healthy and plays well (a doubtful premise), Blake to GS for Draymond Green. Match the salaries however. Who says no?

11. TofuJedi

TofuJedi Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 30, 2020
    I'm excited for the season. My Knicks are supposed to be terrible, but whatever. I've missed basketball.

DarthIntegral, Runjedirun and tom like this.
  12. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i think warriors say no. they've been so snakebit by injuries that even if blake is healthy i can't see them trading for someone who is so often hurt. i have complicated feelings about draymond, but i wouldn't want to see the warriors make that trade. green has been really durable for the most part for them, and he's basically had 18 months of rest since their last finals run. i think he has more left in the tank than griffin probably, and if the warriors do trade him i'd want them to get somebody back who can match his defensive versatility.

Runjedirun likes this.
  13. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    My dumb idea of the day:

What if the Nets went all-in and traded for Harden, then flipped Irving to the Wizards for Westbrook, just so they could run out Durant/Westbrook/Harden?

DarthTunick , LloydChristmas and tom like this.
  14. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    James Harden has apparently added the Heat and Bucks to his list of preferred teams. I don't see any way it happens with the Bucks, but if the Heat swing that trade, I might pay for an HBO subscription to watch Hard Knocks featuring Jimmy Butler and James Harden.

15. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    I hope he just keeps adding teams until he eventually includes the Rockets

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Jimmy Butler and James Harden on the same team would end with that scene of Kylo Ren and Rey using the Force to tug of war with the lightsaber. They would both be reaching to control the ball while it floats in the air between them and the strain of it all would rip the basketball in half and the subsequent explosion would blow up the arena. And the NBA will end in ashes and misery just like the sequel trilogy.

tom and DarthTunick like this.
  17. TofuJedi

TofuJedi Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 30, 2020
    Knicks are going to go 82-0 this season. Calling it now!

18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    It's been way too long, but the Cleveland Cavaliers are playing basketball tonight!

Runjedirun likes this.
  19. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    @anakinfansince1983

LaMelo just made a hell of a behind the back pass at full speed on the break, with perfect accuracy. Will probably be on Hornets Twitter in a few minutes if you missed it.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I can’t watch the game. :_|

Off to look at Hornets Twitter...

...and it was just on Bring Back the Buzz. Which is where I guess I’ll be getting my clips until Sinclair stops being greedy ***holes or NBA TV stops blocking local games that nobody can go to anyway.

21. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Not the game I’m watching, only saw some highlights, but I think it’s clear ...

[​IMG]

22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Giannis signed a 5y supermax extension.

Havac , LloydChristmas and Runjedirun like this.
  23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Tremendous news for Milwaukee; good news for basketball fans; great news for small market fans.

24. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    I'm so happy he signed. I would have given up on the NBA if he left for LA or for the Warriors. He is a good man and I feel blessed that he is staying in Milwaukee.

25. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I mean...he can still just demand a trade a year from now.

Luke02 likes this.