main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 2.06 - Chapter 14 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Dec 2, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Dec 11, 2020.
  1. 10

31.9%
  2. 9

26.3%
  3. 8

21.3%
  4. 7

11.3%
  5. 6

5.0%
  6. 5

1.9%
  7. 4

1.9%
  8. 3

0.6%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    Wwwwooooooosh!!!!!

RetropME likes this.
  2. DarthRamRod

DarthRamRod Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 1, 2018
    Over/Under on Gideon having Darth Vader's glove in the next episode? :p

Sarge, Riv_Shiel and TadoFett like this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    He’ll soon finish what he started

4. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    I wonder if the scenario of his (temporarily) parting with it in Chapter 10 was foreshadowing.

DarthRamRod likes this.
  5. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I know exactly 3 people whose interest and investment in Star Wars has increased because of The Mandalorian, and they all started watching The Clone Wars. It wasn't even because they thought that The Mandalorian makes it a necessity. They just got excited and felt the need for another Star Wars fix. In each case, there was someone (for one of them it was me) who recommended both TCW and Rebels to these 3 people, despite those being animated shows.

A month later? One person has been watching 1-2 TCW episodes with his two sons every night and is now in the first half of Season 3, loving where the show is going, praising the character development on Anakin, Obi-Wan and Ahsoka. And he hasn't even gone to the Nightsisters and Mortis story arcs, it will blow his mind. Another person is now just finishing Season 3 and his words verbatim were "How have not I watched this before? I was missing out on stories potentially better than the movies" and the 3rd person finished all of Clone Wars in 2 months and is now finishing Rebels, being absolutely mindblown by how good the storytelling is in both shows. This person actually paused The Mandalorian right after the Bo Katan episode, finished all of TCW and Rebels, and will now go back to watch the rest of TM.

Sometimes, great things happen in the SW fandom. I am so thankful for this show.

6. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    This will be the next Star Wars story movie, it is the one we all didn't know we needed.

TadoFett and Bor Mullet like this.
  7. DarthRamRod

Oct 1, 2018
    That is really awesome to hear! I think a lot of people hear the word cartoon and equate that to being bad. Most people quit watching cartoons by 12 and probably just remember the toy commercial shows that dominated the airwaves for years and assume cartoons are still like that.

8. DarthKreVass

Dec 27, 2008
    All stories will be told!!! :)

TadoFett, Sproj and Bor Mullet like this.
  9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    *Flush*

No one's every really gone.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  10. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Maybe this is the real reason Din's ship got blown up. While on the seeing stone, Grogs saw that the Razercrest's lavatory was the backdoor way to the world between worlds and put it into Gideon's head to blow it up so Palps couldn't get to it.

TadoFett and Bor Mullet like this.
  11. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    The World Between Whirlpools (™)

12. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Surprised his toilet was not made out've Beskar.

13. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    That would be a crappy way to use that beskar

14. DarthKreVass

Dec 27, 2008
    A Beskar Toilet?! That's a helluva thing!!!

15. yodarulzall

yodarulzall Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 1, 2000
    I believe we see palpatine in ROTS on Mustafar do this for ana...err darth vader as well.

DannyD, RetropME and TadoFett like this.
  16. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Would've made for a great scene after the Crest's destruction, all that was left was his toilet completely intact while everything else was vaporized. Not appropriate.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2020
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That would be a waste literally

LedReader, TadoFett and DarthKreVass like this.
  18. DarthRamRod

Oct 1, 2018
    World Between Whirls

19. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    Since the last two episodes were amazing I’m gonna seriously lower my standards for next weeks episode.I still expect it to be good just not great kinda like the spider episode.It juts makes sense for this to be a smaller episode with the finale coming up.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I wonder if Boba will be in the next episode it will be weird if he isn’t

RetropME and TadoFett like this.
  21. KING_KENOBI

KING_KENOBI Jedi Master star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    Do not worry. He`ll be there until the finale before parting ways with Mando, I am willing to put down good money on that. :)

22. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Given that Slave I is the one and only ship now it would be hard to imagine the episode being shot without him.

RetropME, TadoFett and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  23. DarthRamRod

Oct 1, 2018
    That's what I expect as well, which means all kinds of ish will happen.

24. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    So in case he lost his helmet, and someone was approaching him, he could put his head in the toilet and everything would still be "the way".

TadoFett likes this.
  25. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Plus he's not just running into Boba and Bo -- he's looking for Mandos, he seeks out people who know where there are Mandos, those people tell him there are Mandos on those two planets, he goes there, and lo and behold, there are Mandos there.

To the prior post about good/bad fan service... I really like Rogue One, but it has both good and bad fanservice, and the bad fanservice in it is way worse than anything in The Mandalorian. Pondo Baba and Evazan are almost the opposite of the X-wing leaders: they interrupt the story, bringing nothing to it, and then we are left with a bit of a "why" -- they're just chilling on Jedha very shortly before the city they're in gets vaporized, so I guess they just got lucky in deciding to skip the planet when they did, only to be harassing our heroes in Mos Eisley a few days later. Only R5 in the Mandalorian strains credibility on that level, and doesn't call attention to himself half as blatantly.