main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 2.07 - Chapter 15 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Dec 10, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Dec 18, 2020.
  1. 10

18.8%
  2. 9

37.0%
  3. 8

26.8%
  4. 7

13.0%
  5. 6

3.6%
  6. 5

0.7%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 2.07!!
    Chapter 15
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney+.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced.

(3) The Mandalorian episodes air on Friday on Disney+. Anyone who shares plot details about an episode before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  2. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Excited to the extreme, but also disappointed that we're nearly at the end.

3. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Prediction: We get a cliffhanger. :p

4. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    I want to see Mayfeld try to tease Boba.

5. Ehpik

Ehpik Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 7, 2013
    So this episode is going to be just about springing Mayfield, I'm assuming. I wonder how hard it's going to be. I'd imagine he'd be held in a more secure prison, especially since one of the reasons for his sentence was for springing a prisoner (which means he would know something about escaping them).

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    TadoFett likes this.
  6. ArtemusGordon

ArtemusGordon Jedi Master star 1

May 30, 2015
    They said he was sent to a place called the "chop fields", which sounds like more of a labor camp to me. Not low security exactly, but I am picturing something low tech.

TadoFett and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am so excited for this episode less than 24 hours

TadoFett likes this.
  8. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    15 hours! SWEET!

So, where do we go from here I wonder. Hard to beat the last two episodes, but that's not the ultimate goal. Lets progress the story.....1 more hour (give or take a few minutes) of this brilliant season left. Bring it on.

9. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    Since we have gotten so much good content already I'm just content with sitting back and enjoying what they throw us next. Having said that, I have a certain level of expectations due to Rick directing this one.

10. Ash_Satine

Ash_Satine Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2017
    I'm excited. Mando has become a ritual for me over the last weeks. Just like with TCW (when Disney finally dropped it here) the first things every friday morning are: Getting a huge can of coffee, feeding the cats, one cigarette (yeah, I know) and started the day with the new episode. I'm sure I'll do the same with the other series. Beeing a freelancer and working from home has its upsides.

11. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    We had our shift selection at the beginning of last month, and having Thursday Night off became a much higher priority, since the episodes drop at midnight Pacific here. I wonder if we'll get another Disney Gallery series for Season 2? I really want to see what their discussions were about what's happened in this season. Can't wait to see what this episode brings!

whostheBossk likes this.
  12. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    So excited! Some of my non-sw-fans are actually liking this show. And for once (maybe not for once actually) this show is appealing to like 90% of the fans. And it's not big screen entertainment. It's TV. Happy to NOT just enjoy Star Wars but VERY excited for SW again. The Sequels I enjoyed, but my excitement was low. Just saying. I just hope Disney learns from the unplanned Sequel movies they produced. Again, fun films, but they were poorly planned.

13. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    Wonder if Cara will help with the prison break considering she’s part of the new republic now.

TadoFett and Ody_Mandrell like this.
  14. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    My body is ready.

I hope we get some great Slave 1 action in this, if nothing else.

15. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    The Mayfeld episode was one of my favorites from last season. I’m wondering if the rest of his team will show up as well. I loved all those characters.

my kind of scum likes this.
  16. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    So will we see a gathering of all the forces for good in this episode, ready for the next episode's showdown/rescue, or will some be left behind to surprise us and save the day? (Even if the series still ends on a cliffhanger).

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This is it! The return of Prune Face!

18. Kole

Kole Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2016
    I had a dream last night that this episode was called “The Survivor” and was 1:36 long... if this comes remotely true I’m labeling myself a prophet lol

TheYodaPagoda and TadoFett like this.
  19. Zoe Con

Zoe Con Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 5, 2020
    I suspect the next two episodes will be jam packed. But I have this feeling something is going to go terribly wrong.

Sproj likes this.
  20. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    A bad feeling?

Hopefully if it's not a "just a jailbreak" episode. Get the gang together quickly and get rolling because Luke is waiting.

And Luke is thinking, "Oh, come on! How long does it take to break someone out? You don't even know who I am. Oh, I don't even know what I'm doing here! We're wasting our time!"

21. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Please, no.

22. Vader Bob

Vader Bob Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2020
    Could really go either way with the jail break. The ineptness of the New Republic seems to be kind of a running joke so they may surprise us and spring him right out of the gate. Kinda like last weeks episode jumped straight into the action.

23. aewhistory

aewhistory Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 17, 2019
    I am going to go out on a limb and say there won’t be a prison break, at least not in the traditional sense. Between Din’s new quasi-relationship with the NR and Cara’s position as Marshal I think they arrange to get Mayfeld out either legitimately or semi-legitimately. So my guess is that this episode is going to be a bit like last season: Din will collect allies and the adventure will begin to but it will finish in the eighth episode.

When the episode drops and my predictions are embarrassingly off will the mods delete this please? :p

Patience, the boy must learn patience.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    Master Cado Afu likes this.
  24. DarthKegs

DarthKegs Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 21, 2019
    My prediction, there will be short flashback scene to Grogu being rescued from the jedi temple by none other than Obi-Wan Kenobi, played by Ewan McGregor.

Cynda, Ehpik, RetropME and 1 other person like this.
  25. aewhistory

aewhistory Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 17, 2019
    That would tickle my fan bone in all the right places. C’mon Jon, Dave, you can do it. Over the past few episodes you’ve really found the good spot. Yea, that’s it keep going....