main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Baseball Draft Three - Baseball Dynasty

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Nov 11, 2019.

?

Designated Hitter - Yes/No?

1. Yes

27.3%
  2. No

72.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    You get me twelve logos, I'll give you a lottery

mnjedi, Wang Chi and tom like this.
  2. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Either works

3. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    You could just give him the 3 keepers, and then they would default to bonus picks like they would for anyone.

then if he wanted he could trade them or whatever.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  4. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    oh yeah, i think that makes the most sense actually.

5. Wang Chi

Wang Chi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    [​IMG]

Ne-ver... in all my life... have I been as disgusted... I repeat, disgusted... with an organization as I am right now with the pilots. The gall... the unmitigated gall of them. The reigning MVP of the league. The man who had the greatest season in the HISTORY of Jedi Council forums fake baseball. The man who gave EVERYTHING to that franchise. EVERY day. He left his blood, sweat and tears out there every. Damn. Day. Both at the plate and behind the plate. And because what? Because you fell just a couple games short, you're gonna spit in the man's FACE?!

"Oh, we're sorry, Jocko. We didn't quite get it done this time, so we're gonna go another way. Your services are no longer required. We're gonna lay the blame at YOUR feet."

You know what comes to mind here? What if the Golden State Warriors, coming off of their collapse against the Cavaliers in the 2016 playoffs, had said to Stephen Curry "You know what? We're done here."? Sure he was the unanimous MVP that year. Sure he led them through the greatest regular season of all time. Sure he got them all the way to the Finals. And sure, they choked that series away, with Curry being made to look a fool by Kevin damn Love. But you don't just throw the next two titles away because of a temporary disappointment. You don't just cut your best player.

I guess this just shows that the Warriors, at the very least, have a modicum of class. Of loyalty. Loyalty that the stone temple seattle pilots clearly lack.

But while that may be the most egregious example of front office despicableness I can point to right now, it's nowhere near the only one. One need only look at the top five candidates for MVP this year to see more examples of prePOSTerous decisions made by ownerships around the league.

You can just turn your gaze to the Enhancers for another. You've got yourself a bonafide baaaaaaad man in the form of Al Rosen. Basically the lynchpin of your lineup all year long. And how do you repay him? By smiling in his face while Alex Rodriguez runs by and SLAPS the contract offer out of his glove. Is it because the man did it all year with his natural, God-given gifts? Is it because he refused to jam a damn syringe into the ass of some of his teammates during the pre-game ritual? He not a "team player", is that it? Unheard of.

And then you look at the Cornballers, or whatever the hell they're calling themselves now. Apparently Jeff Bagwell isn't good enough for them? Are you serious? What did we hear from this team all year long? What did we hear? From their GM, to their announcers, to their social media feed, what did we hear? That this man is a Bag-and-a-Half...a Bag-and-a-Half. Well, when it comes time for them to put their money where their mouths were... we see what he really amounts to them. A BAG OF DAMN NOTHING.

I'm sick of this unconscionable behavior. Something needs to be done about these disloyal, dishonest, disrespectful front offices. In another time and place, they'd all be set adrift on a block of ice. Maybe there's something to be said for those good ol' days.

A Shaq of Their Own, Hash Slingers... all eyes turn to you now. How about doing the right thing? How about being loyal?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  6. a star war

May 4, 2016
    The ONLY man with a golden glove and a silver slugger. The MVP runner up.
    Kenny Lofton
    [​IMG]

For saving our bacon, and being an all around good guy, we're saving him.
    Sean Doolittle
    [​IMG]

And for sacrificing his body, we're sacrificing our first round pick.
    Hughie Jennings
    [​IMG]

How's that for ****ing loyalty.

7. Wang Chi

Wang Chi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
  8. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
  9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I'm down. And offering him trades... :p

10. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Alright. I think that works. @mnjedi - you get three keeper slots for your empty roster. If you trade for a player, you can use your slots, if not, they will convert into supplemental 1st, 2nd, and/or 3rd round picks. You can use your allocated $75 in Intybucks as "future cash considerations" in a trade, as well as your draft picks. You get the first pick in odd numbered rounds and the last pick in even numbered rounds.

Draft Lottery: Will be drawing for lost 2-6, then slotting in everyone else based on record last season. 60 chances in the lottery will be created, with a weighted chance of winning based on record last year. Playoff teams (just like in the NBA) were removed from the lottery.

Rx_sith was given 18 chances, for a 30% chance at winning the lottery (2nd pick), followed by AmazingB (15 chances, 25%), Tunes (10 Chances, 17%), Cubbie (7 Chances, 12%), Wang (6 Chances, 10%), asw (3 chances, 5%), and heels (1 chance, 2%)

I will conduct the lottery (via twins picking out of a hat) later today and post results. I'll do my best to record and upload to YouTube to verify no "frozen envelope" shenanigans.

In the unlikely event we get two additional expansion teams, everyone will just move down two slots, and those teams will pick 2nd/3rd.

Juliet316 and tom like this.
  11. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    For those of you planning on creating your own manager / importing yourself / using a reality tv judge who gets drunk and throws darts as a bullpen strategy / or similar ...

There are Four areas of strategy, each has 11 point sliders (five in one direction, five in the other, and absolutely neutral) you can use to set your managerial strategy

Overall Roster Strategy

Favor Veterans <-> Favor Prospects
    Favor PItching <-> Favorit Hiting
    Favor Defense <-> Favor Power
    Favor AVG <-> Favor OBP

Offensive Strategy / Tendencies

Stealing Bases: Never <-> Frequently
    Base Running Conservative <-> Aggressive
    Use Hit and Run Never <-> Frequently
    Use Run and Hit Never <-> Frequently
    Sacrifice Bunt Never <-> Frequently
    Bunt for a Hit Never <-> Frequently
    Use Squeeze Bunt Play Never <-> Frequently

Pitching and Defensive Strategy Tendencies

Pitch Around Never <-> Frequently
    Intentional Walk Never <-> Frequently
    Hold runners Never <-> Frequently
    Guard Lines Never <-> Frequently
    Play Infield In Never <-> Frequently
    Play Corners In Never <-> Frequently
    Use Infield Shift Never <-> Frequently

Substitution Strategy Tendencies

Use Pinch Runners Never <-> Frequently
    Pinch-hit for Position Players Never <-> Frequently
    Pinch-Hit for Pitchers Never <-> Frequently
    Hook Starting Pitchers Quick <-> Slow
    Hook Relievers Quick <-> Slow
    Use Closers Situational <-> Traditional
    Favor L/R Matchup Don't Car <-> Prefer
    Use Opener Never <-> Prefer

(Note, In addition to a manager's strategy, you can set specific strategies for Late/Last and Close Game situations that might differ from typical strategy)

If you are going to use this method, I would ask that you copy/paste the list of tendencies and apply a mathematical value to them. -5 being fully the attribute to the left, +5 being fully the attribute to the right, and 0 being completely neutral/in the middle.

You'll also be able to customize Manager Never <-> Frequently (Personable, Easygoing, Normal, Tempermental, Controlling), style (Conventional, Sabermetric, Smallball, Unorthodox, Tactician), Hitting Focus (Contact, Power, Patience, Neutral), and Pitching Focus (Power Pitchers, Finesse Pitchers, Groundballers, Neutral) - just call these out by name

Here are some manager examples to help you get an idea of things:

Billy Martin, 1977:

[​IMG]

Pete Rose, 1986:

[​IMG]

Point Given and heels1785 like this.
  12. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    No betting slider for the last one?

13. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Popping in as an occasional spectator to say that I laughed long, hard, and out loud at this.

14. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Forget what I texted you, @DarthIntegral . Use tom's PE logo for my team and I'll figure out the new colors

DarthIntegral likes this.
  15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    The commissioner's office requires that I not answer this inquiry, according to my lawyer

Juliet316 and LloydChristmas like this.
  16. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    we are promoting tom selleck as mr. baseball to manager this season. turns out tom hanks still has other roles to play, while tom selleck.. not so much. here's how i see him managing the team....

Overall Roster Strategy

Favor Veterans <-> Favor Prospects (0)
    Favor PItching <-> Favorit Hiting (2)
    Favor Defense <-> Favor Power (2)
    Favor AVG <-> Favor OBP (0)

Offensive Strategy / Tendencies

Stealing Bases: Never <-> Frequently (0)
    Base Running Conservative <-> Aggressive (0)
    Use Hit and Run Never <-> Frequently (-1)
    Use Run and Hit Never <-> Frequently (-2)
    Sacrifice Bunt Never <-> Frequently (-1)
    Bunt for a Hit Never <-> Frequently (-2)
    Use Squeeze Bunt Play Never <-> Frequently (-2)

Pitching and Defensive Strategy Tendencies

Pitch Around Never <-> Frequently (1)
    Intentional Walk Never <-> Frequently (0)
    Hold runners Never <-> Frequently (1)
    Guard Lines Never <-> Frequently (0)
    Play Infield In Never <-> Frequently (0)
    Play Corners In Never <-> Frequently (0)
    Use Infield Shift Never <-> Frequently (-1)

Substitution Strategy Tendencies

Use Pinch Runners Never <-> Frequently (-2)
    Pinch-hit for Position Players Never <-> Frequently (-2)
    Pinch-Hit for Pitchers Never <-> Frequently (0)
    Hook Starting Pitchers Quick <-> Slow (1)
    Hook Relievers Quick <-> Slow (-1)
    Use Closers Situational <-> Traditional (0)
    Favor L/R Matchup Don't Car <-> Prefer (0)
    Use Opener Never <-> Prefer (-4)

17. RX_Sith

RX_Sith JCC SFTC Streaker star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 13, 2006
    I recently downloaded and installed OOTP 21, so I need to know how do I put my team that I will be drafting into it since it states that you can have 3 different settings on it.

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Likely team logo of the Planescape Tormentors:

[​IMG]

19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Clearly I should be getting some commission/royalties from OOTP

For those of you playing around with it, this is the best Tutorial I've found for importing historical players:

20. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    Blue Bloods is still on the air, sir.

Amazing.

21. a star war

May 4, 2016
    Listen, I don't know much about baseball or managing. Is there someone with enough wisdom to tell me which historical manager Izzy Mandelbaum most closely resembles so I can base my ratings off of that?

22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    The First Annual Baseball Draft Lottery will be taking in place in the next ten minutes. I will record the lottery and post that video and results later tonight.

Here's what we know so far about draft order:

1. [​IMG]
    9. [​IMG]
    10 . [​IMG]
    11. [​IMG]
    12. [​IMG]

LloydChristmas and tom like this.
  23. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    is there a plan for when the drafting will actually begin?

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I promised at least one week in current phase in this thread, plus at least 48 hours in the new thread before we start drafting, so that any transactions that need done before the draft can get done. So, I'm thinking at this point, we might start drafting the week of Christmas, but have no penalties for late picks until we get to January 4th.

Initial Draft Lottery Results ...

1. [​IMG]
    7. [​IMG]
    8. [​IMG]
    9. [​IMG]
    10 . [​IMG]
    11. [​IMG]
    12. [​IMG]

So, we know that @heels1785 and @Wang Chi have won higher slots, but how much higher? Either could have jumped up all the way to #2, or just to #6.
    And, @cubman987 is showcasing his Baseball Draft Patented Bad Luck, dropping in the draft behind both heels and Wang.

25. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    That's every week while I'm reigning champ baby

[​IMG]

Wang Chi, dp4m, Juliet316 and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.