main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "The Book of Boba Fett" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Fredrik Vallestrand, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Yeah. i ain't even sure Mark Hamill would agree to come back to be de-aged either.

Darkslayer likes this.
  2. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Please continue to involve Robert Rodriguez please and thank you.

Darkslayer and Django Fett like this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I still laugh that he worked on spy kids

Darkslayer likes this.
  4. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I can't see it happening, I expect Boba to go out in a blaze of glory but who knows?

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    They aren’t going to kill Fett in this show I would be a hundred dollars on it

6. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    It could either be a show about Boba before the Mandalorian or a show about him after the Mandalorian if he survives with them maybe explaining his survival from the Pit if it's the latter in flashback. If his survival is explained in the next two episodes maybe by Mayfeld who could have heard of him through reputation or the New Republic maybe Cara then they can reveal what happened and then Boba could say something like "A thousand years takes a long time and I'm not so easily digestible."

But just because he got out that doesn't mean he wouldn't have been injured and we can see he is. He presumably must have passed out, the Jawa's removed the armour or it came off as he came out of the Pit and then maybe Tuskens found him? He becomes aware of Vanth but is side tracked before he can finally track him down and then comes across Shand. The two still for some reason need to lay low until Vanth gives the armour back and then they can swoop in which they've done. There just still needs to be an explanation why they didn't do so before?

I think also if the Kenobi show has flashbacks like a lot of people want they could Godfather 2 it here as well and do flashbacks with Jango. The fact that they are attempting to restore his EU story feels like a start of something new and doesn't feel like something you'd leave there. If they are more open to exploring live action elements in the Prequel era again we could see young Jango trained under Jaster and fighting against Tor Vizsla in the Mandalorian Civil Wars with maybe Jango facing a young Pre Vizsla who could be Tor's son. He'd be the right age if you counted it up. Then once the Civil Wars are over and Jango feels disillusioned this gives rise to Satine's government who swoop in with the push for pacifism since Death Watch are crippled and Jaster's Mandalorians are gone and Jango leaving the life behind allows for them to take control. The Civil War Obi-Wan mentions is said in new canon to take place in 42 BBY which is when Tor was killed in the old EU.

I saw someone suggest a role reversal of Daniel Logan taking up young Jango for flashbacks while Morrison plays Boba in the present day events maybe relating a story about how this ties to the main story of the present. He'd be playing a little younger in the Civil Wars section but Morrison is also playing younger technically so it'd be just continuing what we're doing already. Jon's son Max is at an age now where he could play young Pre-Vizsla.

Maybe other sections of Mandalore could be rediscovered like Keldabe and maybe life could return to the planet somehow despite what happened before. I don't know much about this so it could be a wrong comparison but if Mustafar could be restored by the time of Rise of Skywalker whose to say Mandalore can't change from a complete desert environment into something like it was before? Sabine did say somewhere I'm only seeing this in a quote so it might have been established in other material not the show but she said long before she was born it was a more lush green environment which it was in the EU from my understanding.

They could also bring elements of the incomplete Bounty Hunters arc from Clone Wars into canon and show the meeting between Cad Bane and Jango. Maybe even Hondo and Aurra could show up? Though with that you're getting to the point that there's enough material for a Jango Fett show which could also work.

Guess we'll have to see what they announce when this season is over.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    So...were we mistaken? Is this not a thing or did they just choose to keep hush hush on it given we haven’t seen the conclusion of Mando season 2?

8. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    No Boba Fett show.

Casian, Obi Wan, Ahsoka, Lando, Acolyte, New Republic and Bad Batch shows announced....but no Boba.

Wow!

Darkslayer likes this.
  9. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yeah, seems like this isn't happening. Unless Boba's a Ranger of the New Republic?

10. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    I guess we’ll have to wait on Boba and Fennec’s fate in the next two episodes.

11. BadAcrobat

Apr 20, 2015
    Yeah that's set in the Mandalorian timeline correct?

12. TheForceMakesCoffee

TheForceMakesCoffee Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 25, 2015
    Very surprising. Like someone mentioned, they could be waiting until the end of Mando season 2.

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  14. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Well there was also a rumor some time ago that Boba would have a part in Series 3 of Mando. so who knows.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    What is this an answer to

16. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Yes, I think going forward, Boba is going to play a more significant role than anticipated in "The Mandalorian"

RetropME likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    We’ll know by the time this season ends. Perhaps Boba sticks around to help protect baby Yoda even after he is taken from Gideon

18. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    There will be no Boba Show in the next handful of years; I think this confirms it. No way they would have left that out with this big of a content announcement if it were in the near future.

It really didn't make a lot of sense anyway since we have Mando. I just believed it because people who were supposedly in the know said it was happening.

The idea that they would do it to take advantage of Mando's success doesn't really hold either since they announced 2 other confirmed spinoffs that do just that.

Darkslayer likes this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s possible they are just waiting for the season final

20. BadAcrobat

Apr 20, 2015
    Yeah, he could possibly become a big part of the show now.....Ive totally changed my stance on wanting him to possibly be killed off.

21. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Boba can pop into Mando and Rangers now and again.

Unless he's dead meat in two episodes time.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I could see him being connective between all the Dave Filoni shows except maybe Ahsoka as it’s limited run

23. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I think they will put him to use in the other shows; doubt they kill him off when he just came back. He is a favorite of SW fans.

24. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    [​IMG]

Lee_ and Riv_Shiel like this.
  25. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I think Boba becomes Star Wars Piccolo and picks up Grogu (Gohan) while Mando (Goku) is off the grid for a bit for whatever reason. And he’s the more intense step daddy