main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Rangers of the New Republic

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 10, 2020.

1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Go go Republic Rangers...

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    *new :p

3. Vader Bob

Vader Bob Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2020
    Seems risky to drop all this content at once. Certain shows are sure to hit but ones like this one could bomb but still have a lasting impact on cannon. I guess if SWs has taught us anything it’s the art of retconning, but still...

Huttese 101 likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I trust Jon and Dave

5. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    The title might be a reference to irl Army Rangers, so this could be a Band of Brothers-esque story about NR special forces or shock troopers. More insight into the NR military is just what the lore needs imo.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  6. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    Rangers of the New Republic is the only thing they didn't explain at all on that stage. I'm pretty sure we already know the characters involved, and I'd bet good money we're going to hear the 'ranger' moniker thrown around before the end of Mando S2.

The recurring X-wing pilot is a given. I'm thinking Boba, Cara, and Greef (others, too) notice they make a good team in the Mando S2 finale. Boba's time on Tattoine made him reflect, and now he wants to use his skills for 'good'. Cara's just down to kill Imps. The X-Wing pilot points them all towards intelligence leads the New Republic doesn't have the resources to investigate themselves.

7. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002

I was hoping for a republic band of brothers like show and the rangers can be the one. Of course there might be woman rangers too.

Maybe the cassian andor tv show can lead to a spin off for rebel alliance special op tv show itself.

Cassian andor is a spy show, but maybe it can also be in action tv show like James Bond or 24.

Rogue squadron since it going to be movie would suit better for a tv series. I do believe the movie will still be good but if this movie is successful maybe we get the tv show we crave for.

It would be nice to get a live action clone wars tv show based on the actor who played jango fett In know his name, I just spell it ,and it would also be for the other actor who played the clones sitting at the table eating with each other in Star Wars episode 2 Attack of the clones and have a backstory for him too.

I know that they are the same clones as of now and before but it would hurt to to make them different for the overall plot canon.

If they don’t make the clones into two separate host and only stick with Jango fett, I won’t complain, but I do want a clone wars live action tv series for the republic commando. Dave filoni and Jon favreau would be perfect for it.

Jedi Knight Fett and Pons like this.
  8. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Personally, I actually wouldn't be surprised if we haven't met the titular rangers yet.

Cara Dune is a marshal of a specific planet rather than a ranger, and the reoccuring X-Wing pilots are all played by people more directors than actors, so I doubt they would be the stars of a show. But the last episode was setting up for the heroes to go to a republic prison, and the Republic do seem to be investigating Gideon, so it is not completely outside the realm of possibility that we will get a disguised pilot and have Din interact with some rangers, like how Ahoska got her disguised pilot episode.

Crod1992 and Pons like this.
  9. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Sounds really fun!

10. Kole

Kole Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2016
    I just want Bad Boys in space

11. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Does no one else remember The Adventures of The Galaxy Rangers?
    Star Wars needs some droid mounts.

[​IMG]

12. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I died [face_laugh]

They announced that the 3 shows that will be under Favreau and Filoni will lead to a climactic event that will almost certainly be covered in all these shows when they converge. I think they will do an amazing job at it.

I don't think they have set a timeframe for Roque Squadron yet (and yes, I know you already corrected yourself that it's a movie)

black_saber and The Senate like this.
  13. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    If the show takes place after the sequel trilogy then we get to hopefully see Dennis Lawson return as Wedge and possibly even Oscar Issac.Though I would prefer it take place during the original trilogy.I think after Empire strikes back but before return of the Jedi would be good.

Sarge likes this.
  14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It’s already been confirmed that the show is concurrent with the events of The Mandalorian.

15. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    I'm really looking forward to Avengers of the New Republic. :)

It's not the most hype-y story announced but...Go go Lucasfilm!

Force Smuggler likes this.
  16. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I would like this to be about New Republic Special Forces, but I have a feeling its going to be about Cara & Co. in the Outer Rim.

RetropME likes this.
  17. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    It almost feels like they are gonna be separating creative teams to each individual periods. like filoni and favreau will be making shows around the Mando period. and thats probably the reason why these shows are moving into production much faster than others.

RetropME likes this.
  18. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    Cara Dune couldn't carry a show herself but throw in Mayfeld and the pilots with some new characters and I think this might be the ticket. Just speculation based on the announcement and The Mandalorian.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  19. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    Please, please, please, please PLEASE put Cobb Vanth on this show.

20. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    In Favreau and Filoni I trust, but also, one of the things that was most appealing to me about The Mandalorian is that it was its own thing. This being a spinoff that then folds back into the core narrative seems to kind of go against the grain of the original intent of what the series was, but we'll see. I'm definitely open to all of it. It just... kind of makes me have to readjust my perception of The Mandalorian and the things I've been particularly enjoying about it.

21. Kowakian Kebab

Kowakian Kebab Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 5, 2020
    I like the idea of this. You can get an exploration and real feel for how the New Republic is doing in it's first few years. Mando can give bits of that but it doesn't need it for his story whereas that political landscape can act as the entire backdrop of this show. How decentralised did they go, how fast did they get rid of their military, how did they decide to police the GFFA? It has to be a bit tricky trying to set up some sort of democratic playing field after near on 20 years of an authoritarian dictatorship. There's vast swathes of the galaxy outside of New Republic influence so plenty of playground for Rangers to go hunting imp remnants and crime lords and slavers and other such scum and villainy.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It will be good to see more of the NR

23. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    if chapter 15 of the mando is what we can expect for rangers of the new republic, than count me all the way in

24. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    What would also be cool to see from the legends material being borrowed for a reboot in the post return of the jedi is crimson empire for a tv show.

A cade skywalker legacy for a far post rise of skywalker would be cool or a brand new Star Wars time that takes places 1000 years after Return of the jedi, knights of the new republic tv shows and movies.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    With the Mandalorian, RoTNR, and Ashoka all taking place in the same time frame.....what are the odds of eventually seeing Luke?