main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Boba Fett in The Mandalorian & Spinoffs (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by RX_Sith, May 9, 2020.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    It's not that I don't like your opinion. Honestly. It's just that your opinions don't often seem to be well-supported or justified based on what we see on screen. And so...I can't help but come to the conclusion that the opinion is primarily based on an intense dislike of Lucasfilm under Disney, and not on significant substantive issues with the writing or direction of this show. ;)

2. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Well, you're wrong. I don't feel a need to root for or against Disney like a sports team, I (fairly) evaluate all their content on it's own terms. I think they've made a lot of bad Star Wars content and a lot of good content as well, including the Ahsoka episode which was excellent. Rogue One was great, so was Rebels, and lots of other stuff. So no, I'm afraid you are mistaken in your conclusions. I'm sorry to expose my opinions to you which you don't like, but since this isn't a gusher thread, I won't be celebrating Mandalorian unconditionally.

3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Well, I agree with you on most things Star Wars (including your opinion of Rogue One and Rebels), so no worries. I just haven't seen a strongly-supported argument for the Mandalorian featuring poor storytelling that's overly fan-servicey, that's all.

TadoFett likes this.
  4. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Boba takes great pains throughout the episode to avoid referring to himself as a Mandalorian, so I’d say his code of honor is a personal one rather than a cultural one. So while Bo-Katan (who has done plenty of awful stuff herself) would never work for the empire because of her Mando heritage, Fett, who wears the armor just because his dad did probably cared exactly zero about whatever the Empire was doing to the planet.

5. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Temuera Morrison interview with StarWars.com
    https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2020/12/temuera-morrison-boba-fett-the-mandalorian.html

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Jango may have been a Mando but I don’t think other than it being the culture of his father Boba cared all that much.

Cyber Spark likes this.
  7. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    To me, it’s not a big deal. If Open Seasons is canon again, that means Jango’s adopted clan are all gone anyway.

Perhaps while Boba may not consider himself a Mando, all of the values that Jaster taught Jango, who passed them onto Boba, are all intact. Hence, why Boba wears the Mythosaur and Journeyman Protector decals on Jango’s old armor now.

8. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    In legends, after he left the journeymen protectors he never really cared much about his Mandalorian heritage until he basically got guilted into it by a dieing Fenn Shysa. I wonder if Bo-Katan might play a similar role for him here (maybe minus the dieing part?)

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Bo isn’t going anywhere but I would like to see Fett take part in his fathers culture more

10. Jaster Vhett

Jaster Vhett Jedi Knight star 1

May 26, 2017
    Din Djarin: (Approaching Boba Fett & Fennec Shand) This is all that survived....
    (Shows them his beskar spear)

Boba Fett: (Instantly recognizing what the spear is made of) Beskar.

Din Djarin: (Nods yes)

Boba Fett: (Addressing Din) I want you to take a look at something....(Raises his left gauntlet & activates it's holographic data readout display)

Boba Fett: (Looking at the holographic data, which is written in Mando'a)
    My chain code has been encoded in this armor for 25 years.
    (Indicating hologram) See, this is me...Boba Fett.
    (Points at one holographic symbol) This is my father, Jango Fett. (Looks up from display at Din Djarin)

Din Djarin: (Considering Boba's words, observing the display Boba has just shown him & hearing the name Jango Fett, Din immediately understands why this man has claimed the Mandalorian armor he is now wearing) Your father was a foundling.

Boba Fett: Yes. (Deactivates the display) He even fought in the Mandalorian Civil Wars.

Din Djarin: Then that armor belongs to you.

Boba Fett: (Nods yes) I appreciate it's return....

It feels like I have waited an eternity for this!!!!

As a long-time fan of the Mando'ade & a big fan of The Mandalorian, it was so satisfying to watch this episode & witness the above-referenced exchange between Din Djarin & Boba Fett.

To all of those involved in both this fantastic series and the official return of Boba Fett: Kandosii! & Vor'e!

11. Jaster Vhett

Jaster Vhett Jedi Knight star 1

May 26, 2017
    One of my favorite Mando-centric games from way back in the day....

[​IMG]

12. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Despite how rough around the edges it can be, the game is still one of my favorite Star Wars games. Underrated story with equally underrated villains like Montross, Komari Vosa and the Bando Gora. The soundtrack was pretty great as well, especially Vosa's theme.

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I lost many hours of my life to that game.

14. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I think the scene from the S2 premier where Din strung up the cyclops was an homage to Montross' death in Bounty Hunter. Very similar with the red-eyed creatures closing in and leaving it up to the imagination what they do.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  15. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Boba isn't being killed off anytime soon. they given him a fresh paint job. they ain't gonna waste that. he is almost reborn in this show.

I notice that the way Temuera Morrison holds his gun in the suit is the same way Boba does in the OT. neat capture there.

Also interesting detail on Slave I where the ship rotates around the room.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  16. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    I do believe the Sarlacc worn armor was like him rising like a phoenix. This week gave him a fresh paint and it's already starting to chip and he has his EE-3. Well, a new take on it again, at least. He even had on two knee armor's. At this rate, he'll be weathered just like he was in ROTJ by the end of the finale next week and all he really needs is a new flightsuit and his rebirth will be complete and we can have plenty of new canon Fett adventures for the next 40 years. Great times ahead, no doubt about it.

RetropME likes this.
  17. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
  18. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I really like the way Boba says "Lets just say they might recognize my face."
    Regardless of if they've ever seen him personally, he's gotta know the Jango clones have been all over the galaxy.

19. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    The armour seems more attached this time and looks much better on Morrison

20. in both universes Boba is an anti hero but i believe the EU version is more evil than Disney version

Cyber Spark and RetropME like this.
  21. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    But in both versions, he had a distinct code of honor and followed his set of rules. I think Boba and Din have that in common as well.

22. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    I can't get over how much I love the new paint job.

23. in the EU when Boba comeback from dead he wanted to kill Han and Leia in Dark Empire and killed more innocent people than new canon version

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2020
  24. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    The plates have a new "tabard" or "vest" underneath them which may very well be the result of the earlier season version needing to fit two very different dudes, as well as the desire to play up how roughed up and beaten the armor is.

Really hope that at some point, perhaps in Bad Batch, we get the full story behind the paint job's meaning - the armor's his dad's but the sigils were never Jango's, and I'd be curious if they tried incorporating some kind of "used to be a Journeyman Protector" retelling in his backstory.

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I will rewatch this episode countless times just for the paint job and the seismic charges, alone.

Everything else was bonus.