main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What We Do in the Dark Side: Taika Waititi to direct/co-write new Star Wars film

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by PymParticles , May 4, 2020.

1. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I pulled this from a Reddit post, but here's the concept art that was behind Kennedy when she was talking about the movie along with the temporary logo. I really hope this is some weird, weird stuff, and I'd also like it to be vibrantly colourful, please and thank you.

[​IMG]

2. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    Could this be Jedi origin the title looks like older looking?

3. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Looks bit like Mortis to me.

cwustudent and PymParticles like this.
  4. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    This film will end with a microscopic Whill embedding itself in George Lucas' 16 year old ear, telling him the story of Star Wars.

5. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Definitely getting some Mortis vibes here. That is a very good thing. Not at all what I was expecting.

6. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    Considering Kennedy specified the 25,000 year history of the Jedi/Star Wars timeline, if this is something that goes that far back and explores the earliest, earliest Jedi in a galaxy that is dangerous, hostile, weird, unexplored, and not united by any sort of central government, I will throw up from excitement.

7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Sorry, but I don't want to sit right next to you if we happen to see this at the same theater.

black_saber likes this.
  8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  9. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    It reminds me o the Star Forge from Kotor.

10. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    It would be truly wild if the origins of the Jedi narrative shifted from Benioff and Weiss to Waititi.

11. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Yes. What is that thing?

darklordoftech likes this.
  12. Darth Megatronus

Darth Megatronus Jedi Knight star 3

May 17, 2020
    Didn’t Kennedy say something about this movie taking place after the ST?

13. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    No clue, Some people said it looks like Mortis, others compared it to something called a "Tho Yor," which is apparently some sort of ship from the Dawn of the Jedi books/comics in Legends that were set 25,000 years prior to ANH and dealt with the origins of the Jedi Order. I am not an EU expert at all, have never really cared about it, so somebody will need to correct me if I got anything wrong.

14. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    So it seems 2025 movie is the one from Taika. And based on the logo and the only image we are seeing, it could very well be the story of the first Jedi. This has already been hinted by some insiders and the trades reported it was the idea B&W were working on before they left the project.

The whole vibe I am getting is TV Shows have taken the lead over movies both for SW and for Marvel. Can't see LFL continuing with the trilogy format anymore, but rather using the movies to potentially serve as a starting point for new TV Shows on Disney+.

15. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Wait, I thought you weren't interested in the early days of the Jedi/Sith. I thought you were all "Leave it mysterious". Am I misremembering, or are you just Taika Fanboying so hard that you've 180'd cuz Taika? :);)

PymParticles likes this.
  16. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    No you're right, that's how I felt for some time. My mind has changed on that. It's less to do with Waititi specifically, and more to do with my excitement at the expansion Star Wars is currently undergoing, and realizing the potential that that kind of story actually holds as more than just "lore exploration," an exercise that I still find naval gazing on its own. I like the pairing of his sensibilities with that kind of story, but I would take "early Jedi just beginning to comprehend the Force they're connected to while exploring a galaxy that is uncharted, weird, unknown, and dangerous" from more filmmakers than just Waititi.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  17. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Because of the logo looks aged I firmly believe the TW movie will be set way way in the past and call it :

Star Wars : Ancient beginnings / set (c. 25000 BBY)

This would be the most awesome movie TW could do IMHO :) .

18. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Galactic Republic only lasted 1000yrs. I’m sure the Old Republic will have a different name, especially in its younger years.

I would prefer a dawn of the Jedi setting to exist even before the Old Republic was created.

19. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    I agree. Not central government, just completely distinct alien worlds and uncharted exploration.

20. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    We could eventually see the dawn of the Old Republic, but by setting it first before it, it further separates these ancient Jedi from later ones.

The Jedi are known for being the Protectors of the Old/Galactic Republic. But what were they like before they had that job?

21. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    [​IMG]
    Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi
    On the planet Tython, in the center of the galaxy, an order of warrior monks strives to maintain peace and to balance the mysterious power known as the Force. But a stranger is coming—one who will destroy both peace and balance, and open the galaxy to exploration and conquest. This is where it all begins!

"Can you imaging this" ! :)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
  22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    If they go all the way back to the dawn of the Jedi, that means we will get Plagueis.

Kole, Riv_Shiel and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  23. Jimbing

Jimbing Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 15, 2020
    AWESOME! I'm in 100%!

24. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    What........

Plagueis is still prequel era, being Palpatines master.

25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    [​IMG]