main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 Star Wars Celebration Anaheim Now May 26-29, 2022.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MotivateR5D4, Apr 15, 2019.

1. zcure1

zcure1 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 10, 2013
    I entered the VIP contest and I didn't get a entry confirmation once I hit submit, and it went to a page showing the rules instead. Is this what anyone else have happen ?

2. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Same.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I took a look at the art earlier. Some pretty nice stuff but nothing I'd really spend a lot of money on.

4. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Looking forward to this

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Hey anyone know if there is something similar like last time for waiting to see if someone cancells a ticket?

6. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    I haven't heard anything, I expect around August or later they might start it up again. I am still hoping for a miracle and getting a VIP ticket at or near cost.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Thanks.

8. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    We'll start seeing secondary market tickets become more available when it gets closer.

9. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Does anyone know if they’ll open up more hotel blocks when new tickets go on sale? I’ve been checking online at it appears that you won’t be able to book a hotel until around a year before the event if you wanted to go through Hilton, Marriott and chains like that.

10. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    If you booked through the Celebration block previously, you'll get first shot when that opens up again (probably sometime this summer). If you're looking to book outside of the block, then rooms should be available about a year out.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    StarWarsFan1997 likes this.
  11. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I'm really hoping we'll get tickets on sale again this summer. For Celebration 2020 they announced the convention dates and ticket details on June 13th on a special Star Wars Show (I miss Andi & Anthony!) and they went on sale June 21st with the official hotel sale an hour later. I'd love them to announce something May 4th but June/July seems more realistic.

Given most people probably rolled over their tickets to 2022 and 4 day passes sold out in 2 hours when they first went on sale, I'm expecting getting a 4 day pass on the resale to be like trying to get a VIP ticket on the original sale. Worth a try but the Lyte resale or just buying 4 single day badges may be the easier option. I've got a friend who couldn't make 2020 but would love to do 2022 so I'm really hoping they announce things sooner rather than later so we can start planning hotels and flights :)

12. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    I signed up on Lyte for a 4 day pass, and was like #185 last time I checked . I signed up on Lyte for Chicago for a Saturday Pass, and managed to get one..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

13. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I did look at Lyte resale for him but it's currently on hold. Curious if they carry over the lists or start from scratch when they reopen.

14. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I'm hoping to pick up a single day badge myself.

I'm curious to see what the demand for Celebration 2022 is going to be like. I'm not so sure it will be like it was last time. Keep in mind that the badge sale and hotel reservations for Celebration 2020 happened before the release of TROS. Galaxy's Edge had just opened right around then as well. So demand for Star Wars at that point was still through the roof. But if we're being honest about it, TROS turned off quite a few people from the franchise. And with the way Disney has handled Star Wars overall and have basically turned it into just this huge blockbuster attraction (same with Marvel), a lot of fans are indifferent nowadays. I do think SW fans will come back eventually, but it's going to be a while before that happens.

15. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    It's going to be very hard to judge as only a fraction of the badges will be available for sale as it seems most rolled over to 2020 (just going off comments, I don't believe RP commented either way) and, whilst the ST did burn out a lot of fans, the Disney+ shows have blown up. It's the first Celebration after TROS but also the first after Mandalorian. I can't speak for everyone but the Disney+ shows have me far more excited than Rogue Squadron does. I think that could counter balance any drop off after the ST. Plus there's the whole post-covid factor and people getting comfortable with large events again (which I think will be fine by next summer but may have a slight impact on ticket sales this summer).

16. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I think all the new shows is going to overshadow any ST burnout. Plus we’ll have the Fett show premiere before this Celebration, they will be able to really advertise Kenobi... that’s going to help a lot. If they somehow don’t sell out before December with the new tickets sales, they definitely will when Fett premieres

17. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, I'm sure that will change as we learn more about the film, but my hype level for Boba, Mando S3, Kenobi and Ahsoka is off the charts. TBB trailer also looked really good. We haven't seen a whole lot of Andor, but RO is one of my favorite films. 4 day passes for a post ST Celebration sold out in under an hour and that was before we learned of all this great content coming. There's something for everybody now and it's going to make Celebration incredible. I can't wait!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    ChrisLyne and Padme501st like this.
  18. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Another pandemic factor is how many other conventions will take place before Celebration? If there are a lack of conventions people who are big convention goers, but maybe not huge SW-fans, might go just because they miss conventions.

19. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I think the fans who were turned off by the ST will come back eventually. But with the TROS in such recent memory, it probably won't happen for a little while. The upcoming slate of movies and shows still have to be fleshed out and done well before excitement for SW returns to what it was.

You know what though, now that I think about it, Celebration 2027 is going to be off the chain. It will be the 50th anniversary. We will have gotten a whole bunch of new content by then, with much of it taking place in the PT-OT timeline, which is what people want. That will also likely be when they announce the next slate of shows and movies, making everyone go wild again. That whole area including all of Disneyland will be Star Wars city for a week. Celebration will probably be five days. It's really not that far off either, just six years from now, I can remember Celebration in 2015 like it just happened, which was exactly six years ago. Got me thinking now, maybe that's the one I ought to just look forward to going all out for.

JonSB and Padme501st like this.
  20. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    I think going forward, Celebration will have a ton of content to keep everybody interested. By 2027, it will have been the 10th annivesary of TLJ...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  21. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    It's an interesting thing as between 2005 and 2012 Celebrations (from what I can tell) were largely looking back and hearing stories from cast and crew about what had been. Sure there was Clone Wars and some games and stuff but they seem like they were much more reflective (which matches my experience of the first London event tbh).

Since 2015 they have become much more forward focused. There's still lots of great panels on the OT, PT, BTS, etc. But, besides major anniversaries like the 40th, the main events are all about what's coming next.

The ST is done. There's like 10 series and 2 movies that we know about, some will be out (add new guest opportunities for autographs & photo ops), more new announcements will come. There's more new stuff to talk about next year than arguably anytime in Celebration history. Mando has already been fleshed out and done well, Ahsoka needs no introduction, we'll likely be about to see or have just seen Obi-Wan. For me that seems more than enough.

For 2027 and the 50th I hope they do a 5 day event again as I loved that in Chicago and they certainly have the content for it (though I did love the show floor day). Six years at seems ages away and so close at the same time. Crazy to think Mando and the interlocking spin offs will likely be concluded, we'll have seen Rogue Squadron & Taika's Star Wars movie. I'm guessing they'll want the 2027 film to be the start of a new saga and the teaser will be at Celebration. I'll start lining up now ;)

Padme501st and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  22. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Hopefully a new "Frog Lady and the Duloks" show will be announced by then as well.

Padme501st and ChrisLyne like this.
  23. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    It'll be interesting to find out how many passes were refunded last year and how many they will have to resell. Are they gonna distribute those via Lyte or will they do a whole new ticket sale (along with pre-orders for 2022 merch)?

ChrisLyne likes this.
  24. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I don't think we'll ever know.

BrentC007 and ChrisLyne like this.
  25. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    They're going to do a new sale on the main site. They've replied to a few tweets this week saying ticket info and sale dates will be announced closer to the event. I believe Lyte resale will also return (currently on hold, not sure if current waitlists will carry over or be restarted).

I don't think we'll even know how many were returned for resale but my gut feeling is most people rolled over to 2022.

BrentC007 likes this.